Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Jul 13, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

I agree.
The first time we got the Eurostar from London but the hotel was noisy and getting into London was a pain.
The second time we went from ashford and it was much better.
Suppose it depends on how you are getting down there tho!

When are you going Karen?
Jen78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 13, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jen78 View Post
I agree.
The first time we got the Eurostar from London but the hotel was noisy and getting into London was a pain.
The second time we went from ashford and it was much better.
Suppose it depends on how you are getting down there tho!

When are you going Karen?
We are going 15th-20th Dec, 15th in the Explorers then 16th-20th in SQL.

When we first started going we used to drive to Ashford then board the Eurostar there, but if we do the Eurostar this time we are taking the train the whole way. If we drive, we will drive the whole way to DLP.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 13, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

No planning for DLP today but I am doing some planning for our weekend to London in December.
Old 8 Jul 13, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Possibly!

Peter is taking me to Paris in Sept for a weekend.

Toying with the idea of nipping out to DLP on the Saturday. We arrive GdN 9.45am so could check into hotel and get over to DLP by lunchtime.

Dreams is 10pm so still enough time for a Disney top-up!

Also thinking of a weekend next year when Ratatouille opens.

Have worked out that 3 days of tickets in a 12 month period is dearer than Annual Passes.

And we just renewed Peter's Shareholder Club membership...!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 13, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jazzluvva
Apprentice Imagineer

Postman brought some MORE tickets today (that's em all now!) HoP tour while we're in London
jazzluvva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 13, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

We are going for our first ever trip to DLP Wednesday next week and tonight I have just booked Cafe Mickey for the Thursday evening.

From what I have read other restaurants can be booked at the Hotel so this will give us extra time to decide where we would like to eat, although I do have Buffalo Bills booked for the Friday night.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 13, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
We are going for our first ever trip to DLP Wednesday next week and tonight I have just booked Cafe Mickey for the Thursday evening.

From what I have read other restaurants can be booked at the Hotel so this will give us extra time to decide where we would like to eat, although I do have Buffalo Bills booked for the Friday night.
How exciting! Have a fantastic time

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 13, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Beaker7929 View Post
How exciting! Have a fantastic time
Thank you we are really looking forward to it. We couldn't go to WDW this year as DH was waiting on an operation on both feet which he then got at the beginning of April, so we will just go and enjoy what he can manage.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 13, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post

We've decided to drive to DLP for our December trip, even though I can work it to be about £40 cheaper overall to get the Eurostar, DH has said it's not a big enough saving for the palava (sp?). If we have the car we can run on our own timetable, easier as we'll have more luggage with winter clothes and we can easily get to Val D'Europe and Auchan to stock up on cheap wine ready for Christmas with the car
If we were going at any other time than near Christmas, the hotels in London would be much cheaper and hence so would the overall trip using the Eurostar (with DH free trains to London + cheap Eurostar tickets). And even though I want to take the kids to London, DH has said he would rather do this at another time since we get free train anyway and can go when the hotels are cheap so we'll try do a London trip over the summer hols/Oct half term instead of combining it with DLP.
So now I have to try and work out where we are going to go for our day trips, half way between Yorkshire and Folkestone during December, when it's cold and not as much open, even most National Trust places are closed. What's the odds we'll end up at Warwick Castle again (though I believe they do a lovely lunch with Santa that we could book on the way there/back)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 13, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

I did have a little look on some site I know for you, and I was struggling to find anything too...must be everyone going down on Christmas shopping trips etc!

We are trying the hull to zebrugge ferry for the first time this year, sick of driving down south and but he time we factored in hotel cos etc its not much different, plus didn't fancy getting stuck near London with a 10 month old!
Jen78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread