Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Oct 13, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted-nadi
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mommy4 View Post
How about putting a message in a New Year's version of a Christmas cracker. You can give it to them at breakfast and tell them you are continuing the New Year's celebration..

Even if you are not able to make the cracker pop as it should your kids are bound to break into it just to see what is inside. That is one 'prize' I bet they never thought they would recieve in a cracker .
Ohhhhh I really like this idea! Maybe I could expand and try and make mickey pancakes etc.. so all the clues are there and see if they pick up on it hehe

My heart belongs to uncle Walt
Orlando/Paris/Cali/HongKong/Tokyo ✔️
Shanghai one day
Enchanted-nadi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 13, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted-nadi
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jen78 View Post
We have told my 6 yr old we are going on a big boat to Belgium (which is true we are going hull to zebrugge) then we are just going to get off the ferry say it's a long drive to our hotel! Just see when he realises

He also doesn't know my mum, dad, sister, bro in law and niece are going too
Wow! Wonder what his reaction will be when he sees the Disney signs ! Fantastic

Shanghai one day
Enchanted-nadi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 13, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted-nadi
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by LottesMum View Post
I will need to put a video u of when w told my step son two years ago! We were in France already and woke him up early saying we were going home and he fell asleep in car we woke him up when we got to gates and said Taylor what does that say ... his response Disney land (like it was the dentist)...do u want to go Taylor ...his response same bored tone yeah
Couldn't believe it ! We couldn't wait to see his response and he wasn't bothered ! Xx
Oh no! You poor things ! Lol.. kids are so unpredictable, couldn't help giggling when I read that tho.
I'm confident that ill get a better response tho, my two are Disney nuts, dd counted every day and rode the rides via you tube on the lead up to our wdw this summer .., luckily they love it all as much as I do!

Shanghai one day
Old 3 Oct 13, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
We're not telling our 2 until we leave to drive to Ashford the night before. For DD it will be a normal school day, I'll see her off to school in the morning, with her thinking I'm going to work as usual, but really I've taken the day off to do all the packing!

I've already sorted part of my reveal, a lovely Dibber on here was offering park maps for the price of a stamp (they'd just returned from DLP) so I have these stashed away and plan to give them to DD telling her that she's not going to school the next day... I'm also thinking about buying a Disney sweatshirt and presenting that to her with the maps, so she can wear it while we're there.

DS is only 3 so won't really have a clue, but I thought I could get him a sweatshirt too with Mickey on it and ask him if he would like to go and visit Mickey... knowing him though he'll probably say no, lol!

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 13, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
clairemichelle
Imagineer

clairemichelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We surprised my youngest when she was 5. She thought we were going camping, and only twigged when we were on the walkway to Eurostar at Ashford and spotted Donald on the roof She then giggled for the next half hour.

Next weekend though we are surprising her again! Her first surprise is when fellow Dibber stace&tink walks into our kitchen.

Later that evening we are doing a treasure hunt with her, each clue is Disney related of course. She will find a Disney goodie bag (We have gone a bit mad between us, but its all things for the trip and all Disney of course)
She will also discover a dvd that will have "watch me" written on. I haven't seen this yet as Stacey has made it, but I believe it contains photos of previous trips to Disney and will then tell her where she is going the next day Hopefully we'll catch her reaction on camera.

We are so excited about the reveal and it will be lovely not having to talk in code any more!

clairemichelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 13, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Enchanted-nadi View Post
Oh no! You poor things ! Lol.. kids are so unpredictable, couldn't help giggling when I read that tho.
I'm confident that ill get a better response tho, my two are Disney nuts, dd counted every day and rode the rides via you tube on the lead up to our wdw this summer .., luckily they love it all as much as I do!
We were so shocked as he loves everything Disney he was 5 so probably still tired but the video does make us laugh he's been warned this yer if he's crabby he won't be coming again ! We're doing wdw in 2015 I can't wait ! To stepson isn't coming as his mum won't let him go away that long but at least I won't have to worry about him being disappointed x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 13, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted-nadi
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beaker7929 View Post
We're not telling our 2 until we leave to drive to Ashford the night before. For DD it will be a normal school day, I'll see her off to school in the morning, with her thinking I'm going to work as usual, but really I've taken the day off to do all the packing!

I've already sorted part of my reveal, a lovely Dibber on here was offering park maps for the price of a stamp (they'd just returned from DLP) so I have these stashed away and plan to give them to DD telling her that she's not going to school the next day... I'm also thinking about buying a Disney sweatshirt and presenting that to her with the maps, so she can wear it while we're there.

DS is only 3 so won't really have a clue, but I thought I could get him a sweatshirt too with Mickey on it and ask him if he would like to go and visit Mickey... knowing him though he'll probably say no, lol!
Hehe.. I'm sure he will be bouncing off the walls .. I can't imagine ever having a surprise like these as a kid, my mum just never had enough spare cash bless her, we are all so lucky to be able to give our kids this stuff

Shanghai one day
Old 3 Oct 13, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted-nadi
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by clairemichelle View Post
We surprised my youngest when she was 5. She thought we were going camping, and only twigged when we were on the walkway to Eurostar at Ashford and spotted Donald on the roof She then giggled for the next half hour.

Next weekend though we are surprising her again! Her first surprise is when fellow Dibber stace&tink walks into our kitchen.

Later that evening we are doing a treasure hunt with her, each clue is Disney related of course. She will find a Disney goodie bag (We have gone a bit mad between us, but its all things for the trip and all Disney of course)
She will also discover a dvd that will have "watch me" written on. I haven't seen this yet as Stacey has made it, but I believe it contains photos of previous trips to Disney and will then tell her where she is going the next day Hopefully we'll catch her reaction on camera.

We are so excited about the reveal and it will be lovely not having to talk in code any more!
Oh I actually have tears in my eyes now! Haha! .. She's such a lucky girl. I love the DVD idea, you'll have to let us all know how it goes

Shanghai one day
Old 3 Oct 13, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted-nadi
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by LottesMum View Post
We were so shocked as he loves everything Disney he was 5 so probably still tired but the video does make us laugh he's been warned this yer if he's crabby he won't be coming again ! We're doing wdw in 2015 I can't wait ! To stepson isn't coming as his mum won't let him go away that long but at least I won't have to worry about him being disappointed x
Haha, bless him, this also makes me wonder if it isn't better to give them more time to have to look forward to the trip tho? .. It's difficult to know, half the excitement is usually in the planning, but we've never done it as a surprise so I feel doing it at least once will be great fun.
Sad about your stepson, I wouldn't be able to refuse my kids a trip to Disney no matter how much I'd miss them, poor lad. hope you guys have a fab time
Old 3 Oct 13, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Enchanted-nadi View Post
Haha, bless him, this also makes me wonder if it isn't better to give them more time to have to look forward to the trip tho? .. It's difficult to know, half the excitement is usually in the planning, but we've never done it as a surprise so I feel doing it at least once will be great fun.
Sad about your stepson, I wouldn't be able to refuse my kids a trip to Disney no matter how much I'd miss them, poor lad. hope you guys have a fab time
Yeah we defo made the right decision telling him when we booked it this time as he had time to get excited n my two year old asks to go to Disney every morning :0) we were meant to be doing dlp for longer but she kicked (his mum) a right fuss about him being away for a week tho she let's her parents take him two weeks at a timeso she can go on holiday ! It's a right shame xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread