Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Nov 13, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Help Top Tips

Hi guys,

So i am counting down the minutes now until we jet off to DLP (1 more sleep!) and i was trying to pull together a list of top tips that i have gathered over the time on the Dibb however i seem unable to find them all. I have scoured my subscriptions and can't find them in there either and was wondering if anyone has a spare second can you drop me a few of your top tips.

I have vague recollections of James and Mel's trips reports talking about a secret passage walkway (i could have made that up) but i can't find it anywhere.

Also just any things that people dont know about different queues etc.

Sorry for the massive request but hopefully it might help some other dibbers out to.

Thank you,
Gemma xxx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 13, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Apprentice Imagineer

Here's a video of the covered walkway - very handy in the rain!

youtube/watch?v=Kkng8zSJweE

My other top tip would be to take the left hand queue on Big Thunder Mountain if you have the option. There's a could chance it will save you some queueing.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 13, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by HFJohnson View Post
Here's a video of the covered walkway - very handy in the rain!

youtube/watch?v=Kkng8zSJweE

My other top tip would be to take the left hand queue on Big Thunder Mountain if you have the option. There's a could chance it will save you some queueing.
Thank you so much that is a great help, good tip on BTM i am a total ride whimp but feel like i need to be brave this time around!

xx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 13, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
I'm at work at the moment, but will sort out something for you when I get home later this afternoon - the main tip is to enjoy yourself, have fun and don't stress about things not being the same as WDW

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 13, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
I'm at work at the moment, but will sort out something for you when I get home later this afternoon - the main tip is to enjoy yourself, have fun and don't stress about things not being the same as WDW
Hi Melanie,

That you so much you are a star

You are so right about not comparing i am actually looking forward to all its cold rainy frenchness

xxx
Old 15 Nov 13, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Hope you'll include us all in that please Mel!

Completely off topic any idea of a good website for weather forecast for Paris? I'm looking at one site and told rain and another and told sun! I don't expect it will be sunny as we even managed to make it rain out of season in an area of Kenya that had seen no precipitation for three years! But it would nice to know what we are looking for!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 13, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
I think I'll make it a sticky so that anyone can add their tips to it as they find them

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 13, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Yay! DLP gets it's own top tips sticky!

Watch out Florida forum we're moving up a gear!

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 13, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Tip number 1 - don't use the buses! All onsite hotels are a gentle stroll away.

Tip number 2 - free drinks in the afternoon! If you buy food/drinks in the morning from a CS place you should get a voucher for a free drink later (before 6pm). Better to use these in Disneyland Park, as in Studios the only place you can redeem them is En Coulisse - long queues!

Which leads me to Tip 3 - it's not all burgers and hot dogs! Casey's Corner and Videopolis are known for really slow service, partly because everyone seems to go there! Try some of the other places. Or there's always good old Earl of Sandwich.

Having mentioned Videopolis leads me to...

Tip 4 - Videopolis is a great place to sit and warm up watching cartoons and fraying frazzled nerves. Take some change and you can get cold or hot drinks from the vending machine and avoid the queues.

Tip 5 - meet characters in the hotels (you don't have to be staying there) or at character meals. There are some well organised meet and greets in the parks, but some of them are not so organised!

Tip. 6 - the Christmas stuff! Tree lighting ceremony, Jingle Bell Boys show and the Cavalcade are all wonderful.

Tip 7 - take piccies and write us a trippie when you get back!

Edited at 02:37 PM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 13, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Snitch Sox View Post
Yay! DLP gets it's own top tips sticky!

Watch out Florida forum we're moving up a gear!

Haha love that!

DLP totally deserves the attention Florida gets
Closed Thread