Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Feb 14, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
disappointing but not a reason for us not to stay onsite. We leave the hotel so early to get to EMH that we never saw any anyway!

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 14, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
fd1972uk
Imagineer

fd1972uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 25

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 57
Originally Posted by katie m View Post
But WDW is a completely different experience, I dont think you can fairly compare the two.

It's one of the few perks there is x
What perks do you get at WDW that is different?

It's not a case of comparing it's a thumbs down for me for WDW, regardless of the 'experience', for me if your staying at Disney then surely to god they can have at least one character on-site for an hour or so.

The first thing our little one said to me in WDW was 'does Mickey stay here too'!

My brother has a great framed picture (bought at DLP) in front of the Stagecoach at Cheyenne.

FD
DLP Oct'14, Sequoia Lodge
ASM, HRH, AOA, DC BAH FL Oct'17
fd1972uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 14, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
I think this is really sad :-(

Personally for another reason we are looking at a med disney cruise next year instead of DLRP
Old 12 Feb 14, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I saw a video about new developments at DLP hoteld recently (Newport Bay refurb, Golden Foresf lounge) and the guy said that people had strong attachments to their favourite but wanted the option of a little more luxury (hence the Golden Forest, which includes characters at breakfast among other things).

He also said they might roll out the option to the value hotels in the future.

Might be a sneaky way to give people the option to meet characters at the hotels - at a price!

We are upgrading to Golden Forest next time, not really for the characters but as a nice little extra.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 14, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by katie m View Post
Thing is as lovely as the subtle details are & as much as my partner & I admire them it's not what my children want.
They want to go to disneyland & meet mickey. They love waking up to go see who is downstairs waiting for them. They want a morning cuddle with minnie or a play with Donald & we pay a hefty price tag for that.

Taking it away is a big thing to us & many other families. Really not happy I've emailed to see where I stand to get my deposit refunded. We'd rather stay offsite, save the £1000 difference & have several meals in inventions x
Katie m where are you staying? If it is one of the hotels that offers breakfast with characters at club level, perhaps you could ask them to upgrade you for free as the character interaction is important to you? I'm sure they would rather comp you a few quid than lose your custom.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 14, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Katie m where are you staying? If it is one of the hotels that offers breakfast with characters at club level, perhaps you could ask them to upgrade you for free as the character interaction is important to you? I'm sure they would rather comp you a few quid than lose your custom.
We were wanting to upgrade to golden forest anyway if the right price comes out but I begrudge feeling like I have to. We already pay a premium for it being a disney hotel & we saw the characters as part of that price. I think it's just the push we needed to switch to offsite x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 14, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
We are about to ask for GF for next March. It's only £66 extra for the 4 days for the two of us, and we will have the private check in area, bigger rooms and most importantly coffee machine! Oh and 1 FP each a day!

For us the main things are being able to walk 'home' in 10 min, having EMH, and being 'in the bubble' and surrounded by the theming. We like the Elysee hotel for offsite, but we definitely find we miss the feeling of being within Disney.
Old 12 Feb 14, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post

charactors

So disappointing got some beautiful photos in the lobby of Newport Bay. We could not get photos with charactors in park due to being pushed and shoved by rude people .Loved going to different hotels to get pictures of charactors all different costumes. Living in USA culture shock for how rude people were to even cast members no line ups for meet n greet .We did many character meals to get special photos would not have had.
Old 12 Feb 14, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
We are about to ask for GF for next March. It's only £66 extra for the 4 days for the two of us, and we will have the private check in area, bigger rooms and most importantly coffee machine! Oh and 1 FP each a day!

For us the main things are being able to walk 'home' in 10 min, having EMH, and being 'in the bubble' and surrounded by the theming. We like the Elysee hotel for offsite, but we definitely find we miss the feeling of being within Disney.
That's my biggest worry, we've stayed onsite twice & I'm not sure it'd be the same. I like the feelibg that disney is it's own place, val d'europe is very much the real world!
We're booked for golden forest at the minute but are wanting to change the dates & downgrading to a montana room. The price difference for us will be quite substantial x
Old 13 Feb 14, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tanzanite View Post
So disappointing got some beautiful photos in the lobby of Newport Bay. We could not get photos with charactors in park due to being pushed and shoved by rude people .Loved going to different hotels to get pictures of charactors all different costumes. Living in USA culture shock for how rude people were to even cast members no line ups for meet n greet .We did many character meals to get special photos would not have had.
There are plenty of rude people in WDW, it's one of the regular complaints on the WDW part of this forum lately.

Also, now there are queues for all the meet and greets at DLP in the parks, they have been testing them for a few months.
Closed Thread