Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jun 14, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
axxxl
Imagineer

Mobile

I've been 5 times (most recently September 2012) and never had a bad time.

The only thing that bothers me is the smoking, but that bothers me here too.

If you can get a good deal then do it!
Old 20 Jun 14, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Went to DLP back in 2008 with our 2 eldest. Went for 5 days & stayed at Santa Fe. Never saw any begging & personally I thought the close proximity of the 2 parks was great for the kids (as they were only 2.5 yrs & 5yrs). Never had to queue for QsDp either (we went in June). I would happily go there again, only thing stopping me is now we have 4 kids, I understand onsite accommodation may be problematic (expensive!).
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 14, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Went for the first time earlier this year, certainly doesn't compare to disneyworld but great for a short break. Parts of the park could do with a lick of paint and found it quite untidy. Food and drinks were vastly overpriced for the quality, would advise to take your own snacks with you.
Never came across any rude workers though and no signs of people begging at the entrance
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 14, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post

The beggars / tat for sale people are no longer a problem. Disney have created a walled walkway now from DL park and WD Studios to Disney Village so unless you have to venture to Marne La Vallee station they re no longer a problem. In fact the walkway has caused them to drift away as they have nobody to pester. Likewise the loutish element from local suburban estates is now heavily controlled.

Edited at 04:47 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 14, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like it's great as long as your expectations are set fairly low and bring your own food!
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 14, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

DLP is flipping awesome

(wo)MAN vs FOOD - August 2017 food trip report
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 14, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Totally agree - 15th trip booked for later this year

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 14, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Just remember they smoke, push into queues, and are rude. If u can cope with all that then you should be fine. I have to say its a very different feel to the service and courtesy you get in Florida. I've never actually had a row with someone in Florida over pushing in, rudeness or being unbelievably selfish as I have over there. I'm not anti-french or anything but you speak as you find.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 14, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

It was my first experience of any of the Disney parks, and we went loads when the kids were little and always drove down, and have always stayed on site. Last time we went was 2008 and the only reason we stopped was our kids didn't want to go anymore

Our neighbours with a 6 year old went in the May half term and had a great time, it was their first disney too. I would say that 3 nights/4 days is a good length, or do a night in a local hotel so you get the full use of the tickets on your first day but at a cheaper rate. Have fun x
Old 20 Jun 14, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

I fell in love with dlp last Dec and that was after visiting Wdw. They are two different experiences but both with lots of magic to be had

LaurenYorkshir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread