Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jun 14, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post

i went to DLP in march 2012. this was our first time in a Disney park.
we didn't enjoy the pushing and shoving, people literally putting their children in front of us in the 'queue' to meet goofy. unless there was proper queue lines for rides or roped lines to meet characters it was every man for himself. food was ridiculously over priced and not of great quality.
BUT with all that, we had a fantastic time and really enjoyed time together as a family. the parks at night were great, really quiet and pretty. we would go back again for a couple of nights.
i look back on our time at DLP with fond memories.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 14, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We have been to DLP over 20 times and always enjoyed it. Some people are rude but you get that anywhere. I know the character meet and greets can be a bit mental, but we also experienced that in Magic kingdom in Florida, thought there was going to be a fight! Also we experienced the rudest cast member ever at Epcot, had to go to guest services as she nearly had me in tears over a highchair in the babycare centre (she wouldn't let me use one even though we were the only ones in there and my DS was hungry. We had to feed him outside on a bench)

So, we love Paris and Florida Disney, they are not the same, but both fantastic to me.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 14, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post

We've been twice and love it, once since visiting disneyworld and didn't think any less of it.
Old 20 Jun 14, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

DLP is fantastic! I find it quite rude that people call it 'rubbish' / set your expectations low. A lot of people would find it a luxury to go to DLP. No it's not florida. But it's still magical
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 14, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

DLP is fantastic, i had been a few years ago for one day and it was a bit manic. But last year myself and my partner went for my birthday and it was amazing (check out my trip report). The CMs were lovely the parks were magical and i would love to go back.

Just to add i have been to Florida and California so i have seen my share of the other Disney places and Disneyland Paris is just as fab! xx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 14, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

I love DLP! Went to Florida loads as a kid/teen and my first trip to DLP was 2 years ago when I was 29.

Loved it so much I went twice in the same year. Back to WDW last year and so this year we're going back to DLP for 4 nights, 5 days at Christmas to see the lights and just be able to take our time, enjoy it and visit some of the resorts.

I love it- it's not WDW but I don't go along thinking that it is. We don't do characters in DLP though due to the total scrum but we've had a couple amazing character interactions like the time the Mad Hatter came and nabbed me- loved that!

Edited at 09:22 PM.
Wonder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 14, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I have been a god few times and loved it. Never seen rude people (I certainly can't say that about Orlando) but not as friendly as California .

The one thing I didn't like was those dressed up spoke in a French. When cruella de ville came up to me I was all excited but the magic disappeared when we couldn't understand a word she said !
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 14, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post

I think it's one of those places you need to experience for yourself. My neighbours ( who don't fly) went 3 times in 18 months. They reccomended that we went, so we booked a week when ds was 5 and dd was 18 months. Kids loved it, but it wasn't a holiday for us I'm afraid. The staff were rude beyond belief and you certainly didn't get a magical experience and we found the food to be of poor standard ( best restaurant is McDonalds). My dh got severe food poisoning on his last day and we very nearly never made it home
This was in 2007, standards and customer service ( with a smile may well have improved since then.
If friends and family asked me my opinion I'd say save up for Florida it's smiles better
Old 20 Jun 14, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeysGirl
Imagineer

DLP has my heart, love the place!
MickeysGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 14, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeysGirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minniemouse74 View Post
I think it's one of those places you need to experience for yourself. My neighbours ( who don't fly) went 3 times in 18 months. They reccomended that we went, so we booked a week when ds was 5 and dd was 18 months. Kids loved it, but it wasn't a holiday for us I'm afraid. The staff were rude beyond belief and you certainly didn't get a magical experience and we found the food to be of poor standard ( best restaurant is McDonalds). My dh got severe food poisoning on his last day and we very nearly never made it home
This was in 2007, standards and customer service ( with a smile may well have improved since then.
If friends and family asked me my opinion I'd say save up for Florida it's smiles better
Best restaurant is McDonald's - did you try every restaurant ? !
MickeysGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread