Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jun 14, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post

it's worth checking out,nice little get a way for a couple of days. it's a different experience, not on the scale as WDW, but it's not meant to be. great for really small kids. my DD was 4 at the time. she met princess Belle and i can honestly say that i will never forget the look on her face, it brings tears to my eyes. she was speechless which has never happened before!

have a good time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 14, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
almcg
Very Serious Dibber

We adore DLP! I've certainly had some lovely meals there as well. We went over the New Year and it was just beautiful
almcg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 14, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Ludwigs has some lovely food. I always have to get the French onion soup and stroganoff . Mmmm
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 14, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I went to DLP a few times last year.

Didn't see anyone begging for money at the entrance (in fact have only seen this happen at Disneyland in California), it was clean enough for me. Some rude people definitely but rude guests aren't limited to just DLP (definitely encountered some in WDW last week!).

I will agree with what other people have said about the lunch/dinner CS having really long queues - I get around this by going to McDonald's or Earl of Sandwich in the Village, or having a nice relaxing table service meal at Walt's.

But the general thing is, I love DLP and love the fact that I can get from where I live to the gates of DLP in less than 6 hours so it's actually doable as a weekend trip (although crowds on weekends are not fun!). It has enough Disney magic for me, the CMs have all been great, I love how multilingual the whole place is, and Disney Dreams is really an amazing night time show.

(And I'm planning a trip back to DLP hopefully for sometime later this year... )
Old 20 Jun 14, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs Valentine View Post
Just remember they smoke, push into queues, and are rude. If u can cope with all that then you should be fine. I have to say its a very different feel to the service and courtesy you get in Florida. I've never actually had a row with someone in Florida over pushing in, rudeness or being unbelievably selfish as I have over there. I'm not anti-french or anything but you speak as you find.
I haven't had a row but did find just as much pushing in at WDW - people ramming buggies in my ankles and using kids as a weapon to push in front at parades. Happens everywhere (I live in London, I'm used to it!)

DLP is beautiful. The Disneyland Park is incredibly detailed, and the theming is superb.

You won't find US style service, Europeans don't want that. But the service is generally good - polite but reserved, in classic European style.

The fine dining is the equal of Florida. Inventions Sunday brunch buffet was incredible for gourmet food and superb interaction. Then there's Walt's, Blue Lagoon, Manhattan - so many great places. And more informally there's Annettes for great burgers, Cafe Mickey to share a pizza and meet the characters, and of course Earl of Sandwich.

Finally the Dreams show is just breathtaking. Don't miss it.

Go expecting a French holiday, not an American one, and you will have a great time.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 14, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
neverbeen
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
We're going back in a few weeks - third time in 12 months. We love it. Went to Florida 2012 and will do that again in 2016 but for us DLP has that magic and is a convenient distance. All our 6 children said MK wasn't as good as DLP when we went and the dreams show is simply amazing. Cost is the only real draw back to DLP - eating out is expensive and we spent nearly the same in 4 nights at Christmas as we did for 3 weeks in Florida.

Jun02 DLP Hotel Cheyenne *Nov04 DLP Explorers *Feb06 DLP Explorers *July/Aug12 WDW Highlands Reserve *Jul13 DLP Adagio *Dec13 DLP Cheyenne *Jul14 DLP Kyriad *Dec16 DLP Santa Fe *Aug18 DLP Adagio *Dec18 DLP Adagio Jun19 DLP *Aug22 DLP Sequoia Lodge *Dec22 DLP Adagio
neverbeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 14, 03:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A friend of mine has just come back in the last few days and they described their trip as magical, particularly for the children.
If you go…be positive and set out to enjoy yourselves. Don't expect it to be rubbish…or it may end up being a self-fulfilling prophecy.
I'd rather be there than here that's for sure
Old 21 Jun 14, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by Reereef View Post
A friend of mine has just come back in the last few days and they described their trip as magical, particularly for the children.
If you go…be positive and set out to enjoy yourselves. Don't expect it to be rubbish…or it may end up being a self-fulfilling prophecy.
I'd rather be there than here that's for sure
What good advice
Old 21 Jun 14, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Dead-metal
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by AnnieB View Post
We are thinking of going to Disneyland Paris next year, but i have read some negative comments here about it, e.g. people begging for money at the entrance, not a very clean place, rudeness etc.

The last time I went was about 20 years ago when I was a teenager! I expect it has changed a lot.

We would perhaps go for a budget option, staying at Davy Crockett ranch and take our car. Is it worth going or should we just save up for our trip Florida in a couple of years?

How many nights is best?
It isn't rubbish.
I-Drive 1993, I-Drive 1995, Maingate 1996, DLRP 2003, DLRP 2004, I-Drive 2006, DLRP 2008, DLRP 2008, DLRP 2009, I-Drive 2009 + 4 day Wonder cruise, DLRP 2010, I-Drive 2010, DLRP 2012, LBV 2012, I-Drive 2013, I-Drive 2014
Dead-metal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 14, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
plain_waffle
Apprentice Imagineer

We last went in 2009 for 3 days and we really enjoyed it. It's not orlando but it's a nice little break and we had fun. We didn't do any character meets though because people just seemed to huddle around and there was no line as such. It's not quite as 'magical' to us as disneyworld but it's still really fun and a cheaper way of getting your disney fix
plain_waffle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread