Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jun 14, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

DLP is great for a short break. Some of the rides are better there than their counterparts in Orlando. We went last year after a 6 year absence and had a really good time and are planning to go again this September. We didn't notice any beggars and rude people - well you get them everywhere (yes, even in WDW)!
Old 21 Jun 14, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Oh and Blue Lagoon is one of the best dining experiences I've had !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 14, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
vickiell
slightly serious Dibber

We love DLP and we go every year. I have never paid that much to go (always book on special offers). We normally go for 4 nights 5 days, its nice that you do not have to rush around and you can walk to both parks! We have never found any rude staff, we have encountered some rude french people but thats not a reflection on DLP the cannot help who goes into the parks. We also have never noticed that much smoking. The queues for the characters are now managed a lot better. All the hotels are gradually going through refurbs and they are always painting something in the parks.
As for food we never spend that much breakfast is included we bring snacks from home for lunch and my kids love eating at earl of sandwich. We normally do one night earl of sandwhich, one night rainforest cafe, one night mcdonalds and one night pizza.
We currently have annual passes, we have already been once this year and we are going to orlando in august but we might try and go to dlp in july for a few days.
Also as someone else said I love the fact that I can go from my house to dlp in 5 hours.
Old 21 Jun 14, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

I love DLP have been 5 times and booked to go next Easter. It was magical seeing my four year old there with his Mickey balloon. The queues are better now but us British are so much better at queing that our friends on the Continent. Book a Cafe Mickey meal for easier character access. Check out the deals, and go online to work out cheapest day to arrive. Our first trip stopping in Santa Fe cost 636 quid for 2 adults 1 child (could have taken another kid for free) with a full board dining package. Had so much food that left vouchers behind.
As a comparison check out how much it would be to stop in Legoland Hotel and see DLP is good value.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 14, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post

After reading some of these I'm a bit worried about our first trip in sept!
Old 21 Jun 14, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
Originally Posted by confused View Post
Please don't be worried, DLP is a magical place for a short break. I'm pricing up for our 5th visit next year. I can't afford to do Florida or any of the other parks so love that I can still get my slice of Disney magic in a beautiful setting, and only a train journey away. The parks are just the right size, manageable for me and the kids. In my 4 trips I have encountered just one queue jumper, I've encountered many more than that at Chessington, the meet and greats are better organised than they used to be, but we tend to make the most of character dining and get autographs then.

I can't wait to go back

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 14, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post

As you can prob tell from my signature, we love it.

2 very important things to remember are that it is not and will never be WDW and it is not a fortnight holiday destination!

I have never experienced a rude cast member and have never seen beggars at entrance (you do get a couple of guys selling eiffel towers/flying toys near the train station but they are neither harassing or intimidating). You do get some people pushing but that is not exclusive to DLP (you get it in all theme parks! ) and CM are now very good at forming impromptu queues for non organised character interaction.

I have always found the park impeccably clean with staff continuously around sweeping floors etc. The theming is amazing and the castle is the best you ill find in any Disney park. Dreams show is "new" and out of this world spectacular.
With regards to food, the CS queues can be silly sometimes but i have never waited more than 20 mins. Re. price of food - if you go in expecting cheap food then you will be very suprised, however, do your research and you can find some amazing food and amazing deals (I am interested to know where the person who said MacDonalds is the best restaurant ate as I find that comment ridiculous quite frankly! ). Good tips include - adults having children CS lunch menu as it is more than enough (bigger than adult fast food meal in UK), looking at set menus (i don't find 18 euros for burger meal, drink and dessert expensive. Likewise, 29 euros for all you can eat buffet with unlimited drinks is pretty good value IMO).
My biggest bug bare is the distinct lack of shows that used to be at places like the castle stage/chapperell theatre but this is due to the money invested in ratatouille and dreams.

Go with an open mind because going and expecting it to be awful is pretty much setting yourself up to fail. Just sink into the Disney bubble and enjoy :-)
Old 21 Jun 14, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
stormflm595
Very Serious Dibber

I have only been to DLP so I can't personally compare WDW and DL (or any others for that matter) but I have always had a fantastic time. The food is expensive, yes, but there are plenty of options for if you're on a budget (and you can also take your own snacks in as said already). I did find that there was some rudeness (I got into a huge argument with a Spanish man last trip haha) but people are rude everywhere and DLP isn't an exception. The CM's were fantastic to us, we had lots of meet and greets and we were treated as well as the young children. I personally find the parks beautiful and have never really seen any dirt etc. Also I did see beggars but they were all out of the parks and (i think someone may have mentioned it already) DLP have created a walkway to come to and from the parks, Village and resorts so you never see them anyway unless you head towards the train station outside of the walkway. Also, one of my friends goes to WDW pretty much every year and even she has been totally optimistic with her experience in DLP and has even said that some of the attractions are far better than the former (pirates of the caribbean for example). Basically, I love DLP!

If you're not entirely sure, you should just book for like 3 nights or something to get a feel. You can always go back at a later point if you really enjoy it.
stormflm595 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 14, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Originally Posted by confused View Post
Hi don't be worried you will have an amazing time ! Can I recommend you buy the Brit Guide to Disneyland Paris. It's full of top tips and describes the whole experience. It will really get you in the mood for September and you will have better ideas on how to plan. I've bought the book three times now, also get the latest brochure to flick through. I love the anticipation and planning before we go.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 14, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Went last year for a long weekend, stayed at Davy Crocketts and would go again in a heartbeat if the price was right!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread