Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Aug 14, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JRB
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Jen78 View Post
Glad you have a nice room but I'd still be demanding more...I'd still go to city hall and ask to speak to the customer relations manager
I agree Jen - it's one thing going on a 2 or 3 week holiday to Orlando but most people only go to Paris for 3-5 days - I don't know how long Hannabdav is there for but theoretically it could have ruined half of her holiday and even if it is "only" Paris it's not a cheap holiday at that.
London & DLP November 2014 - pre-trip report
JRB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 14, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymad42013
Excited about Disney

I'm glad they have finally given you your room and upgraded you. Castle Club is lovely.

Make sure you tell them that they have spoilt the beginning of your honeymoon. I hope it starts to get better for you now though and you get your luggage real soon.
Disney Caribbean Beach Honeymoon Sept 2003, Disney Caribbean Beach March 2005, Port Orleans Riverside Oct 2006, Port Orleans Riverside Oct 2009, DLP Sequoia March 2013,DLP Sequoia Lodge New Year 2015-2016,WDW POR Aug 2016, DLP Disneyland Hotel Castle Club New Year 2016/17, Sequoia New Year 2017/2018, Cheyenne Aug 2019, Sequoia New Year 2019/20
disneymad42013 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 14, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
suebo
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Glad you have a castle club room! Like others have said try and get more from them it's not acceptable to have this going on when it's a short trip!

DLP: Aug 92, Aug 97, Jun 02, Nov 07, Apr 11, Feb 15, May 16, Oct 16, May 17
WDW: Oct 96, Feb 04, Feb 06, Feb 08, Oct 13
Disneyland: Mar 99, Sept 06
Tokyo Disney: Apr 98
suebo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 14, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
Mobile

I'm pleased they've finally sorted your room but as others have said you should still go to city hall and let them know you are seriously unhappy, don't leave until they make it up to you, big time.

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 14, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks guys, I'm here for 4 nights so it did ruin nearly half the holiday!

I went to city hall and they didn't want to know, I was crying and bawling and I was demanding and the manger said I would have to complain in the uk! So I will be doing just that!

As I was about to leave the city hall, just thought I would check the times of my ADR's, 'sorry Madame, we do not have any reservations under your name or booking' was not what I wanted to hear! Unfortunately my bookings had been lost, they have Been made and cancelled, but not by me, no one knows how! So after a lot of negotiating they managed us an early table in inventions but unfortunately auberge was fully booked until we leave, I am down incase a cancellation comes along! #can it get any worse! Xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 14, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
I'm really shocked at the treatment you've had on your trip, and appreciate it has totally taken the shine off what should have been a special holiday. Personally, I would try to put it behinds me and make the most of the remaining time you have there, but would be sending a very strong complaint on my return and insisting on a refund as you haven't had what you booked and your trip has been completely overshadowed by trying to sort it all out whilst there.
Good luck, and I hope your luck changes for the rest of the trip

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 14, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

I agree with Mel. This crap has ruined enough of your trip. Try to make the best of it with your brand new hubby and little one.
You will be able to do a furious letter of complaint once you return home.
Hope your trip gets much better.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 14, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
suebo
Very Serious Dibber

Oh no - can't believe you have had so much bad luck. Did you book with Disney direct?
suebo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 14, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Thelostprincess
Excited about Disney

Thelostprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sorry to hear how much bad luck you've had! I agree with everyone else, make the most of your trip now and make a big complaint when you're back home! They should've dealt with these issues so much better than they have. x
Thelostprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 14, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Social Media complaining seems to be the way forward. Complain on their facebook page, twitter, anything. Also get names of those who couldn't help you or were rude, and names of those who were kind and mention these on your complaints. Go back to City Hall too, it could be different people there, or even just to "get the names of those I spoke to yesterday" then add (after getting names) that you will be mentioning how rude they were. DLH is a considerable amount more than the other hotels. I presume your €100 was a good will gesture and you will be receiving a refund for your DLH missed night. Don't be fobbed off by them saying you got upgraded to Castle Club, people get upgraded at no extra cost at the discretion of staff.
So sorry you are having this experience
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread