Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Aug 14, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
If you complain using email back it up with a letter. Disney seem to take more notice of letters.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 14, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

That last post was me. I really must learn to check that Gill is not logged in

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 14, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Peter H View Post
That last post was me. I really must learn to check that Gill is not logged in
Thank you for the advice! I will be writing when I get back and will send it in both forms, email and letter! There are a few more things that have happened that will just add to the whole situation! We are having a ball whilst in the parks etc, and Annette's is definitely our favourite foodie place, along with cafe mickey! The castle club is amazing, breakfast alone is special. But the lounge to watch dreams is fantastic! dd doesn't cope well with crowds en mass and in hindsight, I don't think he would have coped well with the exiting of Main Street post dreams! So castle club lounge is amazing! xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 14, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
bigplan415
Getting Excited

Hi Hannabdav, been following this thread and was really shocked about all the bad luck/poor service you were having. Felt so sorry for you, so I'm really happy to see that you're now enjoying some extra special treats and feeling the magic a bit.

Definitely still complain about the awful beginning though.
bigplan415 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 14, 03:20 AM  
Link to this Post
jazzluvva
Apprentice Imagineer

I can't how things have gone wrong for you, I sincerely hope you get a proper resolution. It was a few years ago, but I distinctly remember filling out a form in City Hall, our was an In Park issue to do with crowd safety at a Press Event. The CM arranged some instant FPs & I thought that was the end of it & they just take things on board.
In my complaint I had written about what visiting DLP had meant to us over the years, and the incident in question, had left me feeling as though Disney actually didn't give a damn about it customers, and had changed my view on whatI thought Disney were about. A few weeks later I got a letter offering me 4 Park Hoppers good for 2years, in hope that a return trip would restore my faith.

Now my complaint didn't leave me out of pocket & pails in comparison to your situation, so I would have hoped that Disney pull out the stops for you.

I too would get peoples names, and their Superiors too, but I would get something written down in resort if you still have time, I understand you still want enjoy what you can. As a last resort there is always Watchdog :-s

DLP really is a Magical Place, I hope you get the chance to experience it properly. XX
jazzluvva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 14, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post

I have been to city hall and written it down and get a reference number! So I can quote that back! It does truly feel as if they don't give a damn! Castle club is amazing but when I ring up for information or to request something, they keep quoting that I must remember I received a free upgrade! Our maid service has been shocking, i used the bath for the first time last night (separate bath and shower - I have been using the shower so don't worry I'm not stinking! ), and I pulled a load of blonde hair from around the taps and plug! We all have dark brown hair! Also our coffee cups were dirty and ours bins haven't been emptied since arrival!

We had the worst meal in the steakhouse last night where we waited an hour for just our drinks, our main courses were neatly finish before we received any drinks, and we never received water despite them trying to Charge us for it! I requested Very well done steak to only receive a steak with blood running out of it. The waitresses response was 'sorry' and walked off! I complained and revived a free bottle of coke and glass of wine and was still charged for my meal despite not receiving or eating anything I ordered!

We have however been extremely lucky with rude queues and have done 90% of what we wanted to do and never queued more than 10 minutes! We have also met a whole loaf of characters! Everyone was waving bye to stars in cars today, as we walked off, Jessie, woody and tigger jumped back into the circle and signed our books! My daughter also enjoyed dancing with the seven dwarfs in fantasy land! Our actual time in the parks has been amazing which is what it is all about but the hotel and restaurant service has been an incredible let down Which has tainted what was meant to be a special break. What hurts more is a wrote to DLH front desk explaining we had lost my father recently I had had an operation to remove tumours from my head last month , it was our first visit, honeymoon etc and they had replied saying they would make it extra special. It feels as if they have gone out of their way to do the opposite! xx
Old 29 Aug 14, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
fd1972uk
Imagineer

fd1972uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 25

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 57
So sorry to hear of the hotel problems, Steakhouse, not sure if that's really disney to be honest?

Good to hear your park entertainment is going well though.

All the best of what's left of it.

FD
DLP Oct'14, Sequoia Lodge
ASM, HRH, AOA, DC BAH FL Oct'17
fd1972uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 14, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
suebo
Very Serious Dibber

Oh Hannabdav I really hope you get a good outcome from your complaint you made there and don't give up when you get back to get some sort of acknowlegment that their service has been crap.
I am hoping this hasn't put you and your family off ever going back to Disney.
suebo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 14, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I wasn't keen on Steakhouse. Had a much better steak in the Manhattan.

Sorry you have had so many issues.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 14, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post

It hasn't put me off at all! We are already planning our next trip! But I will never pay £3000 for a trip to disney again, we could have stayed in the Cheyenne for £2000 less and possibly had a better experience in regards to service etc. the steakhouse may not be disney, I'm not sure, but disney have a liability as we booked and paid using our half board premium vouchers. If they are going to let it in on the fisneyland dining plan then they have to be liable for the experience when eating there using the dining plan! xx
Closed Thread