Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Aug 14, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

I agree that if dlp are using The steakhouse as one of their restaurants they are responsible for the service provided.
Seems like you have had one thing after another. I am so pleased you are enjoying the parks as much as you are.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 14, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
suebo
Very Serious Dibber

im glad it hasn't put you off and you are planning the next trip. It seems that you have had terrible luck but thankfully your experiences within the parks are making up somewhat for the service youve had outside.
Enjoy whats left of your holiday and I hoping you get some sort of compensation when you get back
suebo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 14, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

If you booked the trip with disney in the UK I would def take it up with them via letter when you come back. If the response is not what you would like, I would then send a "notice before action" letter stating they have 14 days to compensate for the downgrade and a refund on the room for that night, or you will start small claims action. There is clearly a difference in price for between NYNY and the Disneyland hotel.

Take photographic evidence of anything that is not right such as dirty hairs and un emptied bins, it will help you

In most cases this will be enough however you do need to be brave enough to carry it out if need be, its very straightforward, you can do it all on moneyclaim.gov.uk
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 14, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
If you booked the trip with disney in the UK I would def take it up with them via letter when you come back. If the response is not what you would like, I would then send a "notice before action" letter stating they have 14 days to compensate for the downgrade and a refund on the room for that night, or you will start small claims action. There is clearly a difference in price for between NYNY and the Disneyland hotel.

Take photographic evidence of anything that is not right such as dirty hairs and un emptied bins, it will help you

In most cases this will be enough however you do need to be brave enough to carry it out if need be, its very straightforward, you can do it all on moneyclaim.gov.uk
Thank you! I have photographed everything! Literally everything! I will be brave don't you worry! I used to be an overseas rep for thomson and I've helped a few people since returning in regards to seeking compensation! I will seriously be seeking compensation as the 'good will gesture of an upgrade' hasn't been all good!

You guys are amazing! Thank you! xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 14, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Thelostprincess
Excited about Disney

Thelostprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sorry to hear about another bad experience! Hopefully you'll get a big sorry from Disney and they'll compensate you once you're back home. It's the least they could do.

Lovely to hear you're having a good time at the parks though, sounds amazing! Enjoy the rest of your trip, hope it all goes smoothly from here x
Thelostprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 14, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post

We also had rubbish food at the steakhouse. My medium steak was well done and my partners medium was rare!
For a steak place it's not what you expect.
We thought the steak better in cafe mickey!
Old 30 Aug 14, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Redmutt View Post
We also had rubbish food at the steakhouse. My medium steak was well done and my partners medium was rare!
For a steak place it's not what you expect.
We thought the steak better in cafe mickey!
Totally agree! Steak in cafe Mickey was lush! xx
Old 30 Aug 14, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post

I went the same time as you. I get the feeling once disney have your cash they're a bit blasé and say sort it out later.

We had free half board and some of our vouchers were missing, 6x3x4 is a big wad, so we took them as we went and realised on the 3rd day we were down some.

Didn't lose them left them in the safe and ripped off 6 at a time, hence not noticing. They said I lost them or gave more over than necessary and they couldn't help and contact guest services...

Even with proven reservations and receipts, they wouldn't help, so we had to cough up to cover the missing vouchers.

I really enjoyed it and would go back as it's the most accommodating place I've found for my children. But it soured it a bit. Especially when a CM was making faces as my DD (deaf) had a huge meltdown on the last day. This was the only time though to be fair!

I wonder if they got fed up with the rain
Old 31 Aug 14, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
JRB
Excited about Disney

The more I read the less I'm looking forward to my trip but I am so impressed that you're able to look at the positives - every post you've written you've also written something positive - good for you and I really hope you get your compensation - you absolutely deserve it.
London & DLP November 2014 - pre-trip report
JRB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 14, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JRB View Post
The more I read the less I'm looking forward to my trip but I am so impressed that you're able to look at the positives - every post you've written you've also written something positive - good for you and I really hope you get your compensation - you absolutely deserve it.
You have I look at the positives! My outlook is that we had an amazing time in the parks but the park tickets were only worth approx £400 of the £2500+ we paid. The remaining money was for the meals and hotel, and we didn't get £2000ish worth of Hotel and meals. The CM's in the park were amazing, the parks were beautiful and our daughter had a ball! But as I said, the 'luxury honeymoon' we paid for was not accommodated. Everyone has different experiences and I'm sure you'll have a ball. We were just unfortunate xxxx
Closed Thread