Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Oct 14, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Attendance was high for the 20th anniversary so a slump is not surprising.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 14, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sweetemotion
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 114
What a shame they aren't doing as well I've wanted to go back to DLP for a while but have been saving for other things, hopefully a weekend next year I will make it back there. I really think they need better merchandise overall though. If they had similar stuff to DLR and WDW then I would spend tons there!

WDW - 96, 99, 00, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 17
DLP - 98, 01, 02, 10 DLR - 11, 12, 14, 18 15
Las Vegas - 11, 12, 13x2, 14, 18x2
WDW Cast Member 17 - 18 14 U.S. States & Counting!
sweetemotion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 14, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post

I very much doubt it, it would be catastrophic for the brand over all. But just so you know. I always, always book my holiday on a credit card.

I know people don't always like credit cards but in this day and age, with uncertainty and so many good 0% deals. It's insanity not to have one. Not to mention the clarity is the cheapest way to spend abroad.

Anything over £100 even if you only put some on your CC. They have joint liability under section 75. So if your holiday company goes belly up get a refund from your credit card!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 14, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cazspence
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ariel32 View Post
I very much doubt it, it would be catastrophic for the brand over all. But just so you know. I always, always book my holiday on a credit card.

I know people don't always like credit cards but in this day and age, with uncertainty and so many good 0% deals. It's insanity not to have one. Not to mention the clarity is the cheapest way to spend abroad.

Anything over £100 even if you only put some on your CC. They have joint liability under section 75. So if your holiday company goes belly up get a refund from your credit card!

Same here, but I save the money first so I'm instantly paying it off. Sometimes before it's even off the credit card.
cazspence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 14, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeishere
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Doubt it would be closure, it would look bad for the company overall to close a major Disney theme park and even though its got money issues its still the biggest tourist destination in Europe so why would they want to close something that popular. If anything the wdc will want to take it over so they can finally see the rewards and profits that come from being the no. 1 tourist destination in Europe instead of usually never seeing these benefits being in debt.
mikeishere is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 14, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post

So the BIG question is why they aren't making a profit? If it is the No 1 tourist destination why isn't it succeeding financially? Disney Corp has bailed this place out once already. It renegotiated the loans from the European bankers threatening "to walk" if they didn't listen. Ok we have been through an economic depression but if its hotels were full and it was packed to capacity at times why is it so different in operation to its sister parks?
Somebody must have an answer.

Edited at 04:32 PM.
Old 5 Oct 14, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeishere

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
So the BIG question is why they aren't making a profit? If it is the No 1 tourist destination why isn't it succeeding financially? Disney Corp has bailed this place out once already. It renegotiated the loans from the European bankers threatening "to walk" if they didn't listen. Ok we have been through an economic depression but if its hotels are full and it's packed to capacity at times why is it so different in operation to its sister parks?
Somebody must have an answer.
I just thought it was because its debt was so high from the early years, it needs its 5000000000000 billionth visitor before it goes green haha
mikeishere is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 14, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by cazspence View Post
Same here, but I save the money first so I'm instantly paying it off. Sometimes before it's even off the credit card.
I just keep the money aside earning interest then pay it off when 0% ends. Except the clarity which is interest baring after 56 days. That I do pay off when we get back but wait until it's statemented or else it just makes the account look dormant to CRA.
Old 5 Oct 14, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mikeishere View Post
I just thought it was because its debt was so high from the early years, it needs its 5000000000000 billionth visitor before it goes green haha
Exactly! DLP was built on the selling of shares and loans from European bankers. The interest on those loans grows and grows. Disney tried to get it to a manageable level but it doesn't seem to have worked.
I eagerly await the outcome of Monday's negotiations.
Old 5 Oct 14, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeishere

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Exactly! DLP was built on the selling of shares and loans from European bankers. The interest on those loans grows and grows. Disney tried to get it to a manageable level but it doesn't seem to have worked.
I eagerly await the outcome of Monday's negotiations.
So to answer your previous question that is why it hasn't made a profit even though like you say hotels are full etc
Closed Thread