Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Oct 14, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
I think Peter H might be a shareholder

He's right though...I'm a shareholder too, and it would be odd if we heard nothing. That said, there are so many shareholders they aren't going to tell the ones that don't matter (ie us!) until the deal is done anyway.

I hope nothing too dramatic happens as I've just booked my first trip there for next June!

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 14, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Originally Posted by Imagineer2802 View Post
I think Peter H might be a shareholder

He's right though...I'm a shareholder too, and it would be odd if we heard nothing. That said, there are so many shareholders they aren't going to tell the ones that don't matter (ie us!) until the deal is done anyway.

I hope nothing too dramatic happens as I've just booked my first trip there for next June!
If you have enough shares, make sure you've joined the shareholders club to get your discount card and access to Salon Mickey, the shareholders lounge - enjoy your first trip

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 14, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
3Lions
Apprentice Imagineer

If the debt keeps on rising, there are two options: a) close the doors or b) have the creditors take a hit on what they will receive, i.e. Write off some of the debt. If DLP closes, the creditors get nothing, so it would be in their interest to at least discuss the situation with Disney. Who is on the Board for DLP? Major creditors may want more of a say as to how it is run in order to try to make inroads into the debt.
3Lions is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 14, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by 3Lions View Post
If the debt keeps on rising, there are two options: a) close the doors or b) have the creditors take a hit on what they will receive, i.e. Write off some of the debt. If DLP closes, the creditors get nothing, so it would be in their interest to at least discuss the situation with Disney. Who is on the Board for DLP? Major creditors may want more of a say as to how it is run in order to try to make inroads into the debt.
Very true. Of course, these are not binary options either. They could decide to do both. Who remembers when Eurodisney first opened, and the park was closed Mondays and Tuesdays? They could do something similar whilst at the same time restructuring the debt. Oh well, less than 12 hours to find out what's really happening (probably an announcement of a new cupcake).

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 14, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Something needs to be done. It does make no sense to be so busy and so in debt but there it is. Interestingly the website for DLP now looks very like the WDW one. Could be just unifying the look or could it be that WDC are planning a buyout who knows.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
caspdex
Apprentice Imagineer

Press release
translate.google/translat...uro-Disney.pdf
caspdex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Debt restructure :

LONDON (Reuters) - Euro Disney said on Monday it had agreed a 1 billion euro funding deal backed by its largest shareholder, the Walt Disney Co , which includes a share sale and a debt restructuring, to allow it to invest in the business.
Euro Disney, based in an eastern suburb of Paris, is 40 percent owned by parent Walt Disney and 10 percent by the Saudi prince Al-Waleed bin Talal bin Abdulaziz al Saud.
The plan includes a rights issue of 420 million euros open to all shareholders and backed by Walt Disney. The company said the move would improve the cash position of Euro Disney by about 250 million euros.
In addition, about 600 million euros of the group's debt owed to Walt Disney will be converted into equity, while credit lines extended to Euro Disney by its parent will also be consolidated

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

So basically wda have cut the debt, existing debt reatructured and hopefully a profit can be made.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
Debt restructure :

LONDON (Reuters) - Euro Disney said on Monday it had agreed a 1 billion euro funding deal backed by its largest shareholder, the Walt Disney Co , which includes a share sale and a debt restructuring, to allow it to invest in the business.
Euro Disney, based in an eastern suburb of Paris, is 40 percent owned by parent Walt Disney and 10 percent by the Saudi prince Al-Waleed bin Talal bin Abdulaziz al Saud.
The plan includes a rights issue of 420 million euros open to all shareholders and backed by Walt Disney. The company said the move would improve the cash position of Euro Disney by about 250 million euros.
In addition, about 600 million euros of the group's debt owed to Walt Disney will be converted into equity, while credit lines extended to Euro Disney by its parent will also be consolidated
I didn't understand a word of that!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
avvy-xo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by caj View Post
I didn't understand a word of that!
Nor me!
avvy-xo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread