Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Oct 14, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
fd1972uk
Imagineer

fd1972uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 25

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 57
Just that some guy with a long name has some shares in Disney.

FD
DLP Oct'14, Sequoia Lodge
ASM, HRH, AOA, DC BAH FL Oct'17
fd1972uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post

The resort nearly went bankrupt in 1994, it was only when at the last minute, the banks capitulated and Prince Al-Waleed stepped in with a huge cash injection that the resort was rescued from closure. This would of course not happen today as TWDC is better financed that is was in 1994.

In regards to the debt restructure, in layman terms Disney are now giving another massive cash injection, reducing the debt amount owed to them in exchange for more shares of Euro SCA thus having more control. Then they will sell on some of the shares once the that has been done.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Are we going to Be forced to buy new shares or sell our old ones. The statement is not clear. I got a feeling we will either have to buy 9 new shares for every 1 we hold or sell the lot to TWDC.

Anyone know?
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
There is no mention of a share revaluation, as far as I can see.

Disneyland Paris are to be given more time to repay some of their loans back to the Walt Disney Company, and the Walt Disney Company are also going to provide more cash to DLP by converting some of the debt into shares. It's all paper money, but it means the pressure on DLP to repay some loans will be eased.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
cazspence
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
Are we going to Be forced to buy new shares or sell our old ones. The statement is not clear. I got a feeling we will either have to buy 9 new shares for every 1 we hold or sell the lot to TWDC.

Anyone know?
No it is optional, you can buy more shares at €1 each only if you want. And yes it is 9 for every 1 you own, but the choice is yours. Or you can choose to sell what you have to TWDC at €1.25 a share. No forcing of anything.
cazspence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
stitcher3000
Imagineer

stitcher3000's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I have 20 shares which was the old amount to be able to use cafe mickey & the other perks since sept 2012 it changed to 100 shares so as I'm reading it I can buy another 80 shares for €80 thus being able to keep my shareholders card & perks for dlp. Is that correct? Worth doing for the long term if so. I hadn't bought them before as for us it was cost prohibitive.

Edited at 10:51 AM.
stitcher3000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
cazspence
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by stitcher3000 View Post
I have 20 shares which was the old amount to be able to use cafe mickey & the other perks since sept 2012 it changed to 100 shares so as I'm reading it I can buy another 80 shares for €80 thus being able to keep my shareholders card & perks for dlp. Is that correct? Worth doing for the long term if so. I hadn't bought them before as for us it was cost prohibitive.
No you will need to buy 9 shares for each 1 you hold. So 180 shares. €180 still a lot cheaper than it would have been.
cazspence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

If that's the case; am wondering if we have to buy 9x our share holding (if we want to) or could we buy less. Can't remember how many I hold now. Think its 40. Also if I have to go through socgen again I don't think I will bother. Last time I topped up my shares with them it turned into a nightmare.
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

You think that is complicated you should see what we got sent as shareholders. Anway Dole Whip is right. They are turning some of the debt into shares and as shareholders we can buy more. The Walt Disney corporation is turning some it into TWDC shares so that the debt is not massive. Profit can be made and thus the park can improve. The cost of new shares to shareholders is amazing.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 14, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

There is a really good explination on the euro Disney corporate website. Basically as the value of the shares are being diluted they are offering you the chance to sell your shares for 1.25 then buy 9x the holding at a euro each. Then sell these back to twdc at 1.25. If you do that you get 3.50 a share which is slightly more than it was trading at last week.

Phew
Closed Thread