Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jun 15, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by piglet100 View Post
Good to know! I wouldn't want to miss it by waiting, but that's probably what they are counting on! Where do I find the rundisney group?
It's here! Come over

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/group.php?groupid=391
Old 25 Jun 15, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Fab, thanks!
Old 18 Sep 15, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jeanigor
I want to go now!

I read on a blog about the press conference held about the DLP race and here are my thoughts.
(The Kessel Runner Blogpost about the Disneyland Paris Half Marathon)

1) Pre-race party on 9/23. If it is handled better than the state side parties, it may be worth it. It is also my first trip to DLP, so it may have added benefits to have limited crowds.
2) 5K is on 9/24 @ 7am, capped at 5,500 participants. I like that this field is somewhat large. I like the start time even better!
3) Half marathon on 9/25 @ 7am, capped at 12,000 participants. I like the later start time, but it seems that this participant field is extremely small for a Disney race.
4) No theme. To me Disney is a theme. Marathon week doesn't have a theme (except the 5K, sometimes) so its not a big deal for me.
5) 2/3 of the bibs (8,000) will be sold as packages (travel/resort/tickets/race registration) on sale October 6. Seems a bit of a money grab, I've registered through travel providers for some runDisney stateside races, without issue or incident. I am hoping the same happens for this race.
6) 1/3 of the bibs (4,000) will be targeted for Europeans on sale January 2016 at an estimated cost of 55 Euro. Normally, I wouldn't have an issue with waiting until 'standard' registration, but with only 1/3 of the bibs available and those being 'targeted toward Europeans', I am lerry of waiting as an American traveler. I do think the price is a great deal for a Disney race though.
jeanigor is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 15, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm still hoping to do both the 5k & the half but really wish they'd give us an idea of package prices in advance! I can see there being some panic buying because even tho I live in England I'm wary of waiting til January to purchase race only if there are only 4000 bibs available!
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 15, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
jeanigor
I want to go now!

I received an email last night from one of the runDisney travel providers, which I have used before to obtain a bib and accommodations for the first Tinkerbell. I'm not sure if I got the email because of that or because I had signed up for more information on the DLP Half Marathon page.
Either way, the information that was shared was meager, but some things were fleshed out (at least regarding this particular travel provider, but it has been my experience that they don't have much variation from company to company):
•3 nights accommodations including Saturday 24 Sept at the Cheyenne, Santa Fe, Sequoia, Newport Bay or Disneyland Hotel.
•One 3 day, 2 park ticket per person in the room.
•This provider is requiring 50% of the package price upon booking, another 25% by 15 Nov, and the final payment required by 15 Dec.
•The travel providers will be offering the 'extras' as well (Inaugural party, Wild West Show, etc.)

No rates released until the 13th. They pushed back the date of package sales an entire week.
jeanigor is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 15, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I got that e-mail too
I've also been told that sports tours international will be doing uk packages but they won't have the info ready for release til the 13th x
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 15, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Anyone booked? Found the website and options very confusing and old fashioned and nothing seemed to work for me yesterday. Seen lots of US people complaining about it on the Run Disney Fb page.
Old 14 Oct 15, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Yes I've booked
4 nights at Santa Fe for me & my sister both doing the 5k & half marathon!
We booked through this site without any problems
sportstoursinternational... -half-marathon
The whole process is totally different to the US events & the UK agents were totally unprepared which has made it quite stressful for lots of people. Unfortunately those of us who are doing the inaugural event are going to be the guinea pigs lol
Old 15 Oct 15, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Head's up everybody: I called Disneyland Paris at lunch today to book my (rather last minute) room for Halloween and got talking about runDisney. The CM confirmed that the packages have been selling much better than expected - especially from the USA - who because the two Travel Agents servicing the US have been calling Disneyland Paris direct, causing wait times of 2hrs+ for the past two days.

They expect that all of the packages available will be SOLD OUT by the end of tomorrow, if not before.

That will leave the race bibs only which will be released in January, of which she said there will be no more than 4,000 (depending how many have been sold with the packages).

We took the plunge and booked direct with DLP - saved us over £300 on the price shown on the official travel agents' websites too. So it's definitely worth shopping around.

If you were thinking of holding out, just bear the above in mind because there will be a LOT of people wanting to get bibs only in January and with limited places, it's likely to sell out very fast.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 15, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Can I be nosey and ask what you booked please ? I'm curious which hotel and what length of stay, I've been looking at booking a stay through Sports tours, your post makes me wonder if I should be doing the same ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread