Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Feb 15, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DJBenz
Apprentice Imagineer

DJBenz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
French law means only a police officer (not a private security guard) can make someone stop smoking outdoors. The law is the law.
I know this, but the ride queues (or many of them) are undercover and can be enforced, but they're not. They're not classed as outdoors and anyone smoking in those areas can be asked to leave. I was told this by guest services, we had a deep discussion on French law. Open areas are fair game, like you say there's no possibility of enforcing no smoking in them.

So regardless of cultures, countries etc. it isn't being enforced where it can be.
DJBenz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 15, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Despite having designated Smoking areas in both parks DLRP are extremely reluctant to enforce them.

In the UK bus shelters are covered areas and carry No Smoking signs but do people take any notice - no, of course not.

Edited at 06:18 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 15, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by cazimlive View Post
It's just like queuing at WDW is completely different to that at DLP.

The people are different. Guests, cast members, different continent, all these things effect it.

I once asked a spanish woman to either stop smoking or smoke somewhere else, this was in the outside queue in the studios to see Buzz Lightyear. She glared at me and pointed to her 2 kids that she didn't have a problem smoking around them.

Different attitudes of europeans to americans.
I guess you've never met Brazilian tour groups in WDW

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 15, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
There is a sticky at the top of this forum with contacts in, including an email to address complaints to.

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 15, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post

I find this awful...I am a smoker but always have stuck to designated areas or at least away from others! I would never dream of smoking whilst standing next to my child and would never some next to anyone else's! !
Old 26 Feb 15, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
As I said, this will be our seventh visit and we've only once seen someone smoking in a queue. It's much more common out in the open.

Let's not forget that only twenty years ago in Britain it was perfectly acceptable to smoke over your children (and other people's too). When I was growing up, we asked people not to smoke in our house as both my dad and I have asthma. We were largely ignored and ridiculed, and thought of as fussy and unreasonable. There has been a huge shift of opinion in recent years in Britain, but many other countries haven't really changed.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 15, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

We were in Naples last year and couldn't believe our eyes. Everyone seemed to smoke, even (especially) teenagers. They were all sophisticated and very slim, but I shudder to think how their lungs wil look by the time there 40!

Lisa
Old 27 Feb 15, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

You seem to have missed my point.
It was worse than it has ever been this feb.
They were smoking in queues and it wasn't stopped.
Yes I moved away only for someone else to do it, there is only so far you can move away from a ride your family are queuing in with 2 prams.
We travel all over Europe around 6-7 times a year and this was taking the mick.
It may have been acceptable in England 20 years ago but that doesn't change the fact people are smoking next to no smoking signs!
As I've said, we've have been go dlp countless times but this feb half term it really was beyond a joke and we now have a sick baby
Old 27 Feb 15, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
There is a sticky at the top of this forum with contacts in, including an email to address complaints to.
Thank you :-)
Old 27 Feb 15, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
caspdex
Apprentice Imagineer

I didn't think there was any ride that had a queue you could take prams into.
caspdex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread