Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Mar 15, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DJBenz View Post
They don't have security?

The fact is, for whatever reason, the problem doesn't manifest itself in WDW nearly as badly so what are they doing differently to control the problem?
I think it is called respect. Respect for the rules and respect for other people.

Which unfortunately is sadly lacking in Britain and Europe.

Never been to DLP and don't think I ever will never seems to come out in a very good light on these forums!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 15, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Thesecrettrip View Post
I think it is called respect. Respect for the rules and respect for other people.

[b]Never been to DLP [/]and don't think I ever will never seems to come out in a very good light on these forums!
In my opinion, that's wrong on both counts. I've seen highly disrespectful behaviour all over the world, including WDW. And if you've never been, how can you make such observations?

In terms of DLP not being magical, that's just as wrong, see here:

DLP - The Magical Thread
Disneyland Paris - The Case for the Defence Part 1
Disneyland Paris - The Case for the Defence Part 2

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?

Edited at 09:30 AM.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 15, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Thesecrettrip View Post

Never been to DLP and don't think I ever will never seems to come out in a very good light on these forums!
It's different cultures. Not respect or lack of (in general - of course there are exceptions). To make a sweeping generalisation again, the French in particular tend to be absolute rule followers rather than the reverse. However their attitude to smoking - in their society, not ours - is different to what we perceive to be acceptable,

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
In my opinion, that's wrong on both counts. I've seen highly disrespectful behaviour all over the world, including WDW.

In terms of DLP not being magical, that's just as wrong, see here:

DLP - The Magical Thread
Disneyland Paris - The Case for the Defence Part 1
Disneyland Paris - The Case for the Defence Part 2
Quite
Old 5 Mar 15, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
It's different cultures. Not respect or lack of (in general - of course there are exceptions). To make a sweeping generalisation again, the French in particular tend to be absolute rule followers rather than the reverse. However their attitude to smoking - in their society, not ours - is different to what we perceive to be acceptable,

Quite

like having their dogs in restaurants and shops(unless that has changed) I'd rather stand near a smoker than have a dog panting and drooling where I'm trying to eat
Old 5 Mar 15, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We are at DLP now. Enjoying wonderful rides, gracious service, fab food and friendly people. The place is bursting with 'spring fever' right now - Goofy's Garden Party show is superb.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 15, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
We are at DLP now. Enjoying wonderful rides, gracious service, fab food and friendly people. The place is bursting with 'spring fever' right now - Goofy's Garden Party show is superb.
Omg can't wait...3 weeks on Sunday for us...ours is the pink hotel Gill ?
Jen78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 15, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
bLaZeR666_uk
Master Dibber

bLaZeR666_uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 22
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Believe it or not this is the main reason I dont bother with DLP, I cant stand smoking and I wouldn't want my daughter to stand while some ignorant person puffs away... Shame really
Old 5 Mar 15, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
bLaZeR666_uk
Master Dibber

bLaZeR666_uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 22
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jen78 View Post
I've been behind people smoking in the queue at legoland...right in front of a no smoking sign in fact...and the staff there didn't do a thing about it...it's not confined to DLP
Thing is I would ask them politely to not smoke if I get a bad response then tell park and they have to tell person to stop.
Old 5 Mar 15, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by orcadian View Post
like having their dogs in restaurants and shops(unless that has changed) I'd rather stand near a smoker than have a dog panting and drooling where I'm trying to eat
On the continent if a dog is allowed in a restaurant it is expected to sit under the table. I've never yet found any dog that was trouble in these circumstances. I'd rather have a canine wagging his tail then be drenched in cancer causing smoke whilst I'm trying to eat.

Some years ago I had a friend who carried an air freshener can in your handbag. If someone lit up near her, out would come the spray. She took the view that if they could put something unpleasant into the air she could counteract it to some extent.
Old 5 Mar 15, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
cazspence
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
On the continent if a dog is allowed in a restaurant it is expected to sit under the table. I've never yet found any dog that was trouble in these circumstances. I'd rather have a canine wagging his tail then be drenched in cancer causing smoke whilst I'm trying to eat.

Some years ago I had a friend who carried an air freshener can in your handbag. If someone lit up near her, out would come the spray. She took the view that if they could put something unpleasant into the air she could counteract it to some extent.
Lol I love that idea! Think I'm going to take a small airfreshner with me from now on.😊
cazspence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread