Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Oct 15, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We live in London so generally get Eurostar. We have flown from Cardiff. We twaited so long for the VEA coach that we got a taxi. Eurostar does not go every day and had one device there and one back, changing at Lille is easy but you can wait a while. We waited for about an hour or so.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 15, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Thanks for all the info. Still early days in the planning but I think Eurostar direct might suit us better. My in laws live 2 minutes from Morden tube which is on the Northan line, we can take that direct to Kings Cross St Pancras. It sounds the easiest.

Now the hard part, persuading dw after arguments about me working too much and I should be cutting out the hours!
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 15, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Rossalino
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Thanks for all the info. Still early days in the planning but I think Eurostar direct might suit us better. My in laws live 2 minutes from Morden tube which is on the Northan line, we can take that direct to Kings Cross St Pancras. It sounds the easiest.

Now the hard part, persuading dw after arguments about me working too much and I should be cutting out the hours!
You say you're near Gatwick - would it not be easier for you to drive to Ebbsfleet and pick the Eurostar up there. Not sure when you're planning on going as I don't think there are as many direct trains from there but it's a nice quiet station and easy to park and slightly less journey time.
Rossalino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 15, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by caspdex View Post
It always amuses me when people quote the TGV as 9 mins. If you miss one it can be nearly two hours for the next one . Even getting to the station at CDG can be quite time consuming, as can be getting to your final destination from Chessy station. If anybody has ever managed to get from Arrivals to their Hotel in under 30 mins using the TGV I would be very surprised.
It always amuses me when people dont read my most and misquote

I clearly stated it took 2.5 hours from door to door. The TGV takes 9 mins. Thats how long the TGV journey took. Not sure what missing the train has to do with it? How long will it take if you miss the eurostar?

We took 2.5 hours door to door as stated. Glad you were amused though and glad I can surprise you this fine sunny day
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 15, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Rossalino View Post
You say you're near Gatwick - would it not be easier for you to drive to Ebbsfleet and pick the Eurostar up there. Not sure when you're planning on going as I don't think there are as many direct trains from there but it's a nice quiet station and easy to park and slightly less journey time.
Thanks. I hadn't considered that. Is it still direct to Disneyland? What about car park charges?
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 15, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Rossalino
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Thanks. I hadn't considered that. Is it still direct to Disneyland? What about car park charges?
Yes, I just had a quick look and put in Feb half term as an example and there was a direct train (2 1/2 hrs).

Not sure about parking as we got a taxi when we went to Ebbsfleet in the summer (not DLP). I think there is 2 prices - the car park nearest the terminal is a bit more expensive I think but it looks pretty hassle free compared to say Gatwick.

Not sure exactly where you live but you could probably drive there in under an hour?
Rossalino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 15, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Apprentice Imagineer

Car park D (the cheapest) at Ebbsfleet is around £5 per day. It's short walk from the station but not too far.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 15, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
peagusus66
Imagineer

we flew all the way from orkney with 2 stops both ways and never had the slightest bother...we booked a private hire tranfer to and from DLP which was waiting for us on arrival and picked us up on time to return, i'd rather do that anyday than sit on a train under the water ugh lol
Old 8 Oct 15, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
caspdex
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post
It always amuses me when people dont read my most and misquote

I clearly stated it took 2.5 hours from door to door. The TGV takes 9 mins. Thats how long the TGV journey took. Not sure what missing the train has to do with it? How long will it take if you miss the eurostar?

We took 2.5 hours door to door as stated. Glad you were amused though and glad I can surprise you this fine sunny day
What I am saying is that as you don't really know when you will arrive at the TGV station and if you miss the train you have booked you could wait up to two hours for the next one, and in some cases pay again for the trip. Posters who praise the TGV never mention that , or indeed the time it takes to get to the station and the trip to your hotel when you get to Marne La Vallee. So saying the TGV only takes 9 mins is well short of the true journey time from getting into Arrivals and reaching whichever hotel you are staying at.
caspdex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 15, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
allanahx
Excited about Disney

allanahx's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We drive down to Luton and fly from there. It cost me £300 for flights, hotel and parking for 5 nights. For 2ad 2ch
Toronto, Detroit and Las VegasMay 2016
Hyatt at MCO, DCL Disney Dream and Disney POR and Lowes Pacific Resort September 2016
Explorers Hotel DLP March 2017
Kryaid DLP December 2017
Sunset Ridge Villa and Miami - the month July 2018
allanahx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread