Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Oct 15, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel5678
slightly serious Dibber

Thank you. Have never been to disneyland Paris, only the disney in Florida. Am looking at the two nights with free meals and wasn't sure about the one stop with Eurostar. I know the direct one includes the disney express service, but it am not sure whether the extra cost is worth it when I can pay £19 return for the disney express on arrival at the disney train station.
Mel5678 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 15, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mel5678 View Post
Thank you. Have never been to disneyland Paris, only the disney in Florida. Am looking at the two nights with free meals and wasn't sure about the one stop with Eurostar. I know the direct one includes the disney express service, but it am not sure whether the extra cost is worth it when I can pay £19 return for the disney express on arrival at the disney train station.
i wouldn't worry about the disney express both ways, you can drop your bags off at the train station lockers yourself on your last day in the morning, they don't cost much and then you can just go collect them on your way to your train when you leave DLP.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 15, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

We've always flown to DLP as we find it easier from birmingham. Catch the early flight at 6am, always get a taxi at cdg drop our cases off and been in Magic Kingdom by 10am.

Edited at 10:26 AM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 15, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
We've always flown to DLP as we find it easier from birmingham. Catch the early flight at 6am, always get a taxi at cdg drop our cases off and been in Magic Kingdom by 10am.
me too, love the first flight of the day (we go from Luton), in the parks for opening time, and a nice evening flight home on our last day, it really helps make the most of your time at DLP.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 15, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
i wouldn't worry about the disney express both ways, you can drop your bags off at the train station lockers yourself on your last day in the morning, they don't cost much and then you can just go collect them on your way to your train when you leave DLP.
Disney Express not worth it.

Pay 11 Euros per room (not per person) on the day you check out, and the hotel will take your bags to the station for you. Much better value.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 15, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel5678
slightly serious Dibber

Thank you very much for your advice
Mel5678 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 15, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Disney Express not worth it.

Pay 11 Euros per room (not per person) on the day you check out, and the hotel will take your bags to the station for you. Much better value.
does that work for the indirect Eurostar Gill? I've only ever used it for the direct Eurostar, as I understand it the Disney Express luggage area at the train station isn't open all day, just at set hours.
Old 18 Oct 15, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Good point - never tried so don't know!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 15, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post

does that work for the indirect Eurostar Gill? I've only ever used it for the direct Eurostar, as I understand it the Disney Express luggage area at the train station isn't open all day, just at set hours.
Yes. Doesn't matter what time your train is or whether it is direct or not. There is always someone there and they will open the shutters for you to collect your bags.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 15, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeysGirl
Imagineer

Mobile

me too, love the first flight of the day (we go from Luton), in the parks for opening time, and a nice evening flight home on our last day, it really helps make the most of your time at DLP.
We live in the North Midlands and have always driven or gone via eurostar. I love not having to worry about baggage allowance, pushchairs, transfers. However we haven't booked our transport for next year yet (been waiting to see what transpires in Calais tbh) so we may consider flying if the price is right.
MickeysGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread