Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Nov 15, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by LISAM View Post
I completely understand, but its a bit frustrating. I could have rescheduled my flights with air France today or got a voucher refund. My flight leaves at 6am so as I'm not turning up I guess I've lost our money. Pity they waited till everything, including themselves were shut.
If any help... Apparently Disney are refunding tickets. I also understand that some ticket providers will refund any unused tickets.
Old 14 Nov 15, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
louvb
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sorry but I think it's understandable that they have closed and yeah it's a bit of a pain that there are no updates but I think people should look at the bigger picuture and safety has to come first
louvb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 15, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have to admit I am shocked that they're closing for this length of time, but clearly they think it is the right thing to do. Respect to Euro Disney and Disney for supporting their decision
Old 14 Nov 15, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

All tourist places have been ordered to close for 3 days of mourning so it's no surprise really.

I've finally made the decision to not head out there on Monday. Of course it broke my heart to tell DD22 we're not going. My heart would break even more if anything happened to her. I'm frustrated that I've allowed the scum of the earth to more or less dictate my movements. I know it can happen anywhere. I also believe that security will be tight but I would not be happy if DD was heading out there with DS or a friend. So I can't in all good conscience go there with her myself can I?
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 15, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
gettingthere
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LISAM View Post
Is this absolutely official? If so I'm not going to bother, we come back on Thursday. I'm probably too late to get a refund as well.
Disney aerlingus and ATD Are all offering refunds etc
Old 14 Nov 15, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ch1ps
Imagineer

ch1ps's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Posted on their FB page an hour ago, closed due to 3 days national mourning

« Nous nous associons au deuil des personnes touchées par les horribles attaques à Paris. Nos pensées sont entièrement tournées vers les personnes touchées, les familles et les proches des victimes. Par respect des trois jours de deuil national, Disneyland Paris restera fermé jusqu’à mardi 17 novembre inclus. » Tom Wolber, Président de Euro Disney S.A.S.
"We mourn those lost to the horrific attacks in Paris, we pray for the injured and we hold them all in our hearts. As part of France's three-day national mourning period, Disneyland Paris will remain closed through Tuesday 17 November." Tom Wolber, Président of Euro Disney S.A.S.
Old 14 Nov 15, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
3 days of National Mourning. I personally would not want to visit a city that has suffered such a tragic and horrendous attack, within such a short time.

My deepest sympathy to all.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 15, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyMadAng View Post
All tourist places have been ordered to close for 3 days of mourning so it's no surprise really.

I've finally made the decision to not head out there on Monday. Of course it broke my heart to tell DD22 we're not going. My heart would break even more if anything happened to her. I'm frustrated that I've allowed the scum of the earth to more or less dictate my movements. I know it can happen anywhere. I also believe that security will be tight but I would not be happy if DD was heading out there with DS or a friend. So I can't in all good conscience go there with her myself can I?
Sorry to hear this... unfortunately as I said earlier... These things have got exactly what they wanted.
Old 14 Nov 15, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
margy
Very Serious Dibber

margy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We are at seqoia lodge now and the parks are closed for 3 days of mourning, we are more or less stuck here until Monday the kids are devastated
margy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 15, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by margy View Post
We are at seqoia lodge now and the parks are closed for 3 days of mourning, we are more or less stuck here until Monday the kids are devastated
Can imagine... sorry to hear.

Think there should have been an announcement much much earlier to allow ppl to try and arrange travel home today if need be.

Not much point being there now...