Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Nov 15, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Yes absolutely, if I can get some time off work over Xmas I'm considering going. I understand if people feel uneasy, but I would urge them not to be terrorised by these b******s, it is literally exactly what they want. Live your life, these people will never defeat us, we will never compromise our values, our way of life, our liberty.
Old 15 Nov 15, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

We are going for New Years. I agree it has put a dampener on the whole thing but if I think about it too much, I wouldn't go anywhere. A few weeks ago my worry was the immigrants on the tracks, that's pailed into significance compared to this.
We cannot give into terrorism as this is what they want. I do hope they UP security if it really is that lax.
Old 15 Nov 15, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowmonkey
Imagineer

Yep still going to go
Old 15 Nov 15, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
vic1505
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm due to go the 10th December im all for going but I'm taking my wee niece so I will need to see if my brother and sister in law is still comfortable with it she's only 5 and doesn't know about what happened in Paris she will be devastated is she can't go I don't have a clue what they could tell her the reason why
Old 15 Nov 15, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post

we're going this week and are still going unless something is said within the next 24 or so hours.

I'm as nervous as hell about going though. We do miss a full day in the parks but that is understandable that it is closed. We have planned to spend it in the village.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 15, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
saneman69
I want to go now!

We're also going over via euro tunnel early Saturday, staying at Residhome, then coming back Sunday afternoon, we booked ages ago to use our annual passports and experience Christmas there for the first time, I'd be lying if I wasn't apprehensive but as others had said you need to carry on, I work in central London and I guess face this type of risk everyday, you've got to try and put it out of your mind, but when over there I will at some point do something to pay my respects to those poor victims.
saneman69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 15, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessLola
Imagineer

Just been reported that France has dropped 20 bombs on Syria in capital Raqqa

Edited at 11:32 PM.
PrincessLola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 15, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
livvyloo1991
Excited about Disney

We are due to go on the 29th and unless otherwise advised by Government officials we will definitely be going!
Old 16 Nov 15, 05:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Rhubarb22
Proud to wear my Ears

We go on the 2nd and my oh and daughter don't want to go - I probably would, but my daughter is now too scared, so we likely won't go, it makes me so mad - its all paid for and we've bought annual passes, and now won't use them! We shouldn't let these b@@@@@ds win !
DLP - June 2007 Sequoia Lodge, DLP - May 2008 DLH, DLP - March 2009 New York Hotel, DLP - December 2010 New York, DLP - March 2012 DLH, DLP March 2013 Newport Bay, DLP Sequoia Lodge March 2014, Several Day Trips from Berney Riviere
Rhubarb22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 15, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by MickeysGirl View Post
As I said, my bags didn't go through there. I also had a baby changing bag under the pram which they didn't query when I asked if they wanted to scan it. They also seemed a bit unconcerned when watching the screen and just continued to chat and laugh. All fair and well scanning the luggage (when they do) that doesn't catch out anything on hiding on someone's body.
OK - I have only been once with a buggy, in 2011 with friends. I don't remember whether we had to empty the buggy then.

However, France generally is much more upfront about security than many countries are. For instance, to leave luggage at the station, the luggage has to go through a scanner but also so do you, and all your bags, even ones you are not leaving there.

Also there are guards with big guns at the entrance to the station.

On our last DLP visit we noticed that the scanner was now at the entrance to the parks/Village, so even to go to the Village or hotels, you have to have things scanned.

Compare this with WDW where anyone (even without a park ticket) can jump on a Disney bus, go to a hotel and wander round the accommodation without any form of security.

I'm sure DLP will be very conscious of security right now.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread