Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Nov 15, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Press are showing photos of armed military around disney village - they have been there all year if not longer, security has always been high and now I'm sure will be even higher.
Old 16 Nov 15, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
axxxl
Imagineer

We fly out on Friday and fully intend to go.
Old 16 Nov 15, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Geek4Life View Post
We are booked to go on the 29th and DH and I have both agreed that if we can go and the parks are open then we will definitely go. These things can happen anywhere at any time, we cant put our lives on hold out of fear, it's what terrorists want.
My sentiments exactly.

We visited WDW immediately after 9/11. The family, especially my MIL begged and begged us not go. There was no way I was letting anybody stop me having my holiday. These terrorists want to create fear in people - don't let them achieve that.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 15, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

saneman69 we are doing the same. Very early Eurotunnel sat. 1 night at the adagio then home sunday pm. Looks like we may have to leave a bit earlier sunday if the checks are taking so long but we'll just get up early for EMH and make the most of our time. Can't wait to see the christmas stuff and do some serious shopping!
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 15, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tilly26 View Post
We are here now. Staff are really working hard to support guests. Yesterday we spent the day in Disney Village. We had lunch in Planet Hollywood, shopped and drank Mulled wine. We then went to Buffalo Bills Wild West Show. Today we are going to use Magic Circus pool and then to Disney Village for lunch. We have been given our room until 5pm tonight. Security very high in hotels and village. Under the sad circumstances we have had a lovely weekend thanks to the cast members. Just a shame we have missed the Christmas events in the park. Our thoughts are with Paris!
Out of curiosity, have you been offered any form of compensation as in alternative dates or a refund?.
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 15, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
marmite04
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Looks like I'm the opposite to everyone here... my dlp is not until April 2017 but to me the country has declared war... its at war! My grandchildren over a holiday anytime. My friends are due to go for new year this year...today they cancelled with a full refund.
Old 16 Nov 15, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeysGirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marmite04 View Post
Looks like I'm the opposite to everyone here... my dlp is not until April 2017 but to me the country has declared war... its at war! My grandchildren over a holiday anytime. My friends are due to go for new year this year...today they cancelled with a full refund.
I do feel this way too. If my booking was certainly before Xmas I would postpone. My booking is March, I have approx. 60 days to make a decision before the final payment would be due. As much as I absolutely adore DLP if I don't feel its safe or if I feel we will be constantly watching our backs (which to me isn't the magical holiday I want for myself, my husband or our children) then we will postpone further.
MickeysGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 15, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

DD22 and I were due to fly out today. I cancelled. I went back and forth on Saturday justifying going/not going.

In the end there were a few reasons I chose to make the decisions to go. The parks being closed until Wednesday meant only 2 days in the park - to be honest that was not one of the most important reasons.

DH was looking really worried about us going. He didn't say we couldn't go, so please don't think that. He would have supported whatever we did. I just couldn't put him through 5 days of worry, not to mention my parents and m-i-l.

So there you have it. I cancelled! Hotel.com today confirmed that I would get a full refund. Air France have issued us with vouchers valid for 12 months.

All that said, we are hoping to re-book for November 2016. Must be crackers.

Edited at 10:43 PM. Reason: Deleted a paragragh..apologies. should have engaged the edit button before posting
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 15, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

Oh dear, I leave tomorrow. Now I feel physically sick.
Old 16 Nov 15, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh Lisa I'm sorry if my eebeejeebees have made you feel that way My brain tells me I've been a complete idiot cancelling and that security will be at its highest.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread