Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jan 16, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile taking out breakfast for lunch

Hi.i wondered if someone can tell me if people still take breakfast rolls etc out of the hotel at breakfast time to use for there lunch.we r staying at the cheyenne and are on a really tight budget so am actually considering doing this this year?has anyone else ever done this
Thanks in advance
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
I am sure people do but it's never been allowed
Old 24 Jan 16, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lisa271 View Post
Hi.i wondered if someone can tell me if people still take breakfast rolls etc out of the hotel at breakfast time to use for there lunch.we r staying at the cheyenne and are on a really tight budget so am actually considering doing this this year?has anyone else ever done this
Thanks in advance
I'm sure people do it, but it's not on really is it. Presumably you're paying for B & B not B & B plus L or any other meal.
Old 24 Jan 16, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We stay at the santa fe usually and every year i watch lots of (usually foreign people) making up sandwiches and packing them into there bags for there whole families(of 4 of 5) and ive always thought thats not really fair on the hotel or the people that dont do it.its only me and my 6 yr old going(we wont eat a lot at breakfast) and i was thinking more along the lines of a couple of croissants not loads of stuff.i dont mean to offend anyone but if its ok for them to do it why is it not ok for me to do it?
Old 24 Jan 16, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
caspdex
Apprentice Imagineer

Just because someone decides to basically steal something, doesn't make it right for anyone else to do it. You wouldn't do it at a buffet here in the UK, so why do you think it would be OK at DLP.
caspdex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
It has never been officially allowed, and in fact there are notices up saying not to do it. However, CMs usually turn a blind eye.

I personally don't feel comfortable with it, not least because I know all the hygiene rules about food at ambient temperatures, and I wouldn't want to eat a cheese roll I had carried around for hours!

One solution might be to ask if they are doing breakfast in the park, which would allow you a later breakfast at no extra cost.

Another might be to pick up some snacks from the train station on your way in, or bring some with you.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14

Edited at 09:41 AM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

I think what people are saying is it's not right for anyone to do this not just you. I can't see anywhere where someone has said its alright for others to do this and not you. Personally i would rather not take the risk of embarrassing myself for just a few croissants
Old 24 Jan 16, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We went ( granted 4 years ago ) and a cm was the one who suggested to us to take something extra for the kids, I don't think a croissant is going to break disney. Another one filled our bottles up with milk to take to the park also when asked if we could by some to take to park. You are paying for b&b but if you want to take park of your breakfast and eat it later...
dollydaydream7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Have already stated that i had no intention of offending people i was just asking a question which I think is what this page is for i dont think theres any need for people to be quite so rude.i wouldnt take food from a buffet here but then i wouldnt have paid the extortionate rate i paid to go to disney so that's not really the point is it!i was kind of hoping for polite opinions.im not sure i feel comfortable with it either thats why i asked for peoples opinions.i would prob only have a bowl of cereal for breakfast therefore am not really getting my moneys worth like other people so in my honest opinion im not sure i would feel bad taking a couple of croissants!
Old 24 Jan 16, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We saw people taking Tupperware boxes and filling them when we were there. Nobody said anything to them and they weren't exactly discreet about it.

I wouldn't do it but have no problem with others doing it.

I certainly can't see a problem with you taking what's reasonably classed as a breakfast to your table and taking out what you don't manage to finish, as surely that would end up in the bin otherwise. But as others have said it isn't actually allowed so it's whether you feel comfortable with this.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread