Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jan 16, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
And when in France we are "Les rosbifs" (The roastbeefs). I'm certainly not European - that's for sure.
Actually these days they call us les something else - ending in 'offs'... Largely thanks to the behaviour of a certain type of Brit abroad!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lisa271 View Post
I think classing it as stealing is a bit rude.i have paid for a breakfast after all and im not talking about taking bags full of food.just a couple of bits to eat about 10am.it is annoying to sit and watch people take the mick and load up sarnies when all ive sat there and eaten is a bowl of cereal or a croissant (and theyve probably paid a lot less for the holiday than i have as britain seems the most expensive place to book) so all i wanted to know is if i could take(not steal) a couple of croissants that if i was eating later i would have eaten anyway!
Hi Lisa

Its part of life on the Dibb - if you post something and ask for opinions - you will get them - ALL of them! Please don't be put off, just accept it and have a little smirk at it - celebrate our differences!

I don't eat breakfast at home - very rarely - but when on Holiday - its a different story. We either have something substantial in the room (if you have facilities), or at the hotel or inside/on the way to the parks.

It does set you up for the day - you can do so much before the late lunch pangs kick in - or even skip lunch and have a bigger dinner...

best way to maximise time too.

Suppose that would avoid the dilemma if you just eat a heavier brekkie at the B&B then no need to take anything away with you. I personally wouldn't but have no issues with anyone else doing it at all.
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
We stay at the santa fe usually and every year i watch lots of (usually foreign people) making up sandwiches and packing them into there bags for there whole families(of 4 of 5) and ive always thought thats not really fair on the hotel or the people that dont do it.its only me and my 6 yr old going(we wont eat a lot at breakfast) and i was thinking more along the lines of a couple of croissants not loads of stuff.i dont mean to offend anyone but if its ok for them to do it why is it not ok for me to do it?
I think it's called morals and personal standards!
Old 24 Jan 16, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

If you go to a TS restaurant (anywhere) and order 3 courses but are too full to eat your dessert, and ask if you can take it with you - no problem, you have paid for it. (Though personally the whole idea grosses me out.)

If you go to a buffet, you have paid for 'all you care to eat' while you are there. If you go to a pizza buffet and only eat one slice while your companion eats ten, you are not entitled to take nine slices to eat latet. You pay a set price, and are entitled to what you eat while there.

At DLP breakfast is included in the price of your hotel, as it is in many European hotels. If you choose not to eat any breakfast, or just one thing, you have paid the same as someone who eats loads. Thay's because it's a buffet, that's how they work.

If you choose to ask a CM if you can take stuff with you and they say yes, then fine. If you choose to wrap up what is on your plate and take it for later, no one is going to stop you.

However, you are only actually entitled to what you choose to eat while there. The price you paid is irrelevant - that's how buffets work.

What you choose to do is up to you and realistically no-one will stop you. But no-one has been rude to you here. You asked if it is OK and people have told you the official position, and given you alternative ideas such as buying stuff in the station shop, bringing snacks, going back later (I believe breakfast runs till 11 am) or asking about breakfast in the park.

I think people have been perfectly helpful. What you choose to do with that information is up to you.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post

They serve breakfast until 11am.

It seems that you have already decided that you will take from breakfast for lunch, I'm sure a lot of people do so, I don't, but it's not for me to judge you on what you think is best my lovely.

I read that they have put up a sign in the explorers that there will be a charge for anyone taking breakfast out of the breakfast room now.

In my opinion, breakfast is served for 3 hours, so everyone has plenty of time to eat their fill without having to take it away. At busy times, certain hotels offer breakfast in the park, you could ask at check in whether this is available.

Have a great time x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Also, re the comment about Brits paying more than other Europeans - you do know that you can book on any country's version of the DLP site? Watch for offers, there are usually posts on here.

Personally I think the £424 we are paying for 4 nights in Santa Fe this November is a pretty good deal for onsite.
Old 24 Jan 16, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

handy to know that breakfast is till 11.we can now do emhs then get the shuttle back to the hotel for breakfast.problem solved ☺
Gotta admit i have been slightly put off by asking anymore questions as i feel some peoples answers were not that polite but i guess some people just say it as it is 😉
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
handy to know that breakfast is till 11.we can now do emhs then get the shuttle back to the hotel for breakfast.problem solved ☺
Gotta admit i have been slightly put off by asking anymore questions as i feel some peoples answers were not that polite but i guess some people just say it as it is 😉
That's what happens on an open forum, you will get lots of answers and replies, not all to your liking I'm afraid, it happens to everyone.
I don't think any has been impolite actually, they have given open honest answers.
Old 24 Jan 16, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

as I said - please don't be put off - there are certain topics I just completely avoid as I strongly disagree with opinions (tipping)

but I deffo don't think you shouldn't ask more questions or even better contribute your opinions - just don't take the site so seriously

it aint personal just peoples opinions - and opinions are like bottoms, everybody has one.
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 16, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

i think breakfast closes at 10.30am at the cheyenne (its 11am at the DLH because they start breakfast later, 7.30am). But you still have time after EMH/when EMH gets busy at 9am to get the shuttle back to your hotel for breakfast.
It will take a good 90minutes out of your park time doing it that way though.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread