Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jun 16, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile Is dlp worth doing after wow?

Ad above. We've been to Orlando 3 times and next trip planned for Feb 2019 (967 sleeps).
We've been looking at going to port aventura next may half term but for the week for 5 of us the price is ridiculous (£3000+). I priced up dlp and to stay at hotel cheyenne for 5nights 6 days with breakfast and tix it's £790 for 5 of us and flights are £125 each with air France.

What would you do? I do fancy port aventura but it's a silly price just like everywhere else in Europe. We were supposed to be going with a friend and her daughter and she's said a big no to dlp she wants to go on a beach holiday! I think my kids may get bored on a beach haha.
Dlp has never really appealed to us before now. I think it's just the price that's drawing me in. Theb I have my parents saying "Paris?! Are you mad? And flying with air France too? Do you not watch the news? "
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 16, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Following this with interest... after 3 amazing trips to WDW we are debating a trip to DLP next year
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 16, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I would say it is worth doing, it's not on the same scale as WDW they are very different things but with some recognisable features.

There are rides at DLP that don't exist at WDW and even the duplicate rides aren't exactly the same. Ratatouille and Crush are both fantastic rides that are unique to DLP.

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 16, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Kellsbells has it right. It is not as big as WDW. Two parks and the village. What we always say is it is not WDW don't compare. Disneyland is not the same In America, neither are any of the Eastern Parks. Take ot for what it is and you will have s great time. It has a European flavour.
You will have more than enough time. You could probably have a day in Paris as well.
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 16, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Is it expensive to get to Paris? What's dlp like with disabled guests? My 5yr old has cp
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 16, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

We got the indirect Eurostar via Lille and it was about £80 each - the journey was very easy (I do live in London though so didn't have any journey before that).

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 16, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
scrappykaren
slightly serious Dibber

I think you should try it as a different experience. It is quite different to WDW but has a similar feel if you know what I mean. As said the rides are different and with it being smaller it feels more accomplishable! The Cheyenne is a great hotel too, the theming is brilliant and had pony rides too! The one thing I do like about DLP is that you can walk everywhere, there are buses if you choose but it's only a short walk to the shops and parks. Paris is easy to get to on the underground and DLP do a day trip but obviously that is more expensive. (I'm presuming they still do the day trip!)
Old 10 Jun 16, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

We love WDW and wish we had never spoilt the illusion with a visit to Euro Disney - as it was. Definitely a poor relation and so much cigarette smoke - yuk!

Wish I could un-experience it.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 16, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

We love both wdw and dlp. Ratatouille is the best ride I've been on! A must do!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 16, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
northpetherton
Excited about Disney

Yes it is.
I've done both and love both for different reasons.
Love WDW because its in the US, all the food. We go for 2 weeks.
Love DLRP because its a lot closer, going on the Eurostar is a lot of fun, Staying at a Disney hotel you can WALK to the parks/village.
Yes there are bad points, people smoking, pushing in when meeting some characters,
but it has never spoilt it for us.
I think POTC and Haunted house are better in Paris.
So try it, it won't be the same, but it will be lots of fun.
northpetherton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread