Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Jul 16, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
OP - just wondered what dates you are looking at and on what site? We're looking at going to DLP next May half term too, but for 4 of us at Hotel Cheyenne for 5 nights/6 days it's coming out at £1388 on the main DLP website.
Hi, I looked at they disneyland paris website as well as paris magic breaks. That was cheaper. The price has since gone up quite a bit though!
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 16, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

I've never been but my cousins go year about. They are actually in WDW at the moment. Next year will be DLP. They echo what others have said. It is on a smaller scale but still an amazing holiday. You can't start to compare. It will be another amazing disney experience.
Old 26 Jul 16, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We got back from our 4 night trip last Thursday and had an amazing time! We stayed compass club at Newport bay and can highly recommend it!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post

we had always done WDW, then last year we decided to have a year of and after much searching, we ended up booking 5 nights at DLH

Now, many people have asked me, would you go again

Its a tough question, the whole place is different, different attitude to fun, different attitude to customer service

I was stood outside Aerosmith R&RC at DLP, i had the same shorts, same T-shirt, same hat and shades on, the sun was beaming and we could have been in orlando, all except one thing, the french and europeans, the smiles, the laughter, WDW

so would we go again, yes, but you have to accept its a theme park with a disney theming, its not WDW ( many say it never tried to be, but that for me is a cope out, of course it does )
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
so would we go again, yes, but you have to accept its a theme park with a disney theming, its not WDW ( many say it never tried to be, but that for me is a cope out, of course it does )
I'm assuming you're referring to Walt Disney Studios with this comment? If not I think that's a bit unfair on Disneyland Park.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

DLP, never has tried to be WDW.

It's not comparable to WDW and it never will be. DLP was never designed to recreate WDW. It's a Disney 'land' not a 'world'. It was designed for the European market not for the American market.

It's a charming park but no, it's not WDW. The OP should remember that and they won't be disappointed.
Old 2 Aug 16, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Next we'll be saying Tokyo and Shanghai are trying to be WDW too... ! They are all different and not trying to be the same. If they were all carbon copies what would be the point of visiting more than one?

If anything, from what I gather, DL CA is most like DLRP in terms of bricks and mortar, if you really had to compare. But I haven't been, just what I've read. I'm guessing most people on here have been to WDW rather than DL, so that's why it is mostly compared (incorrectly of course!).
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
we had always done WDW, then last year we decided to have a year of and after much searching, we ended up booking 5 nights at DLH

Now, many people have asked me, would you go again

Its a tough question, the whole place is different, different attitude to fun, different attitude to customer service

I was stood outside Aerosmith R&RC at DLP, i had the same shorts, same T-shirt, same hat and shades on, the sun was beaming and we could have been in orlando, all except one thing, the french and europeans, the smiles, the laughter, WDW

DLP is a different product, in a different country aimed at a different market. It's like rocking up to a holiday in Edinburgh only to complain that it's not London.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 16, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
Next we'll be saying Tokyo and Shanghai are trying to be WDW too... ! They are all different and not trying to be the same. If they were all carbon copies what would be the point of visiting more than one?

If anything, from what I gather, DL CA is most like DLRP in terms of bricks and mortar, if you really had to compare. But I haven't been, just what I've read. I'm guessing most people on here have been to WDW rather than DL, so that's why it is mostly compared (incorrectly of course!).
Here here! 👏 That's exactly what I was thinking!
Old 2 Aug 16, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
I'm assuming you're referring to Walt Disney Studios with this comment? If not I think that's a bit unfair on Disneyland Park.
As i said, any disney theme park will try to recreate the disney way

Originally Posted by Siennakate View Post
DLP, never has tried to be WDW.

It's not comparable to WDW and it never will be. DLP was never designed to recreate WDW. It's a Disney 'land' not a 'world'. It was designed for the European market not for the American market.

It's a charming park but no, it's not WDW. The OP should remember that and they won't be disappointed.
as above, when you head to any disney park, you head to it for the disney way

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post

So when you head to Tokyo and Shanghai, you do not expect a disney park ? ? with everything disney stands for ? ?

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
DLP is a different product, in a different country aimed at a different market. It's like rocking up to a holiday in Edinburgh only to complain that it's not London.
I disagree, a disney park where ever it is in the world should still hold true to the disney way
Closed Thread