Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Sep 16, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
LufcDeb
Imagineer

I saw this earlier on a fb group. I think breakfast is still included at the moment but from 13th October it will be changing. Personally I don't usually have breakfast, just take cereal bars then have something in Salon Mickey. The new prices seem very expensive, and the half board prices are going up a lot too. I think at this rate it really won't cost much more to go to WDW.

Debs
LufcDeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 16, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
McDonald's, Starbucks and Earl of Sandwich must be celebrating at this news. Assuming there's no change to the breakfast offerings the prices are just ridiculous.

I had a look at some comparisons to the DLH breakfast. An equivalent breakfast in Florida (imo) is 1900 Park fare at the Grand Floridian which is $30 and has characters and a bigger food selection.

The kids prices are particularly insane too, £21 for a 3 year old who will probably eat one plate of food.
I can see the comparison with Park Fare, but I personally wouldn't say the DLH comes near on it's breakfast. And I love the DLH breakfast - the one thing it does have is a magical view that is quite unique though. I'd say even the food offerings at Park Fare were better and of course, the characters were amazing.

Clearly they want to do away with the option of breakfast - I don't know why they just didn't do that? Or, perhaps they want to push their full meal plan? I guess if you got a 'meal deal' free with your package then that's an option.

I still can't understand the logic of not having it included as standard at the DLH, at the prices they charge per night, but will include it in the cheaper Club rooms at SQL/NPB. They already include 1 free FP per day which isn't included in standard rooms in other hotels, so I'm sure they could differentiate with this.

I've emailed the link to my Mum. As much as I love the DLH, I think without breakfast, I just can't justify £400+ per night for next May, even if it does include tickets. The sad thing is, Mum hasn't been for a good few years but actually loves the breakfast at DLH (she's not a ride person), and always looks forward to it.

Perhaps that's the next thing - if they are pulling resorts in line. Kiss goodbye to tickets being included in packages... Seems to make sense. If they dramatically increase AP prices and drop tickets out of packages, I wonder what people will do! I wouldn't pay some of those AP prices quoted in that survey.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 16, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LufcDeb View Post
I saw this earlier on a fb group. I think breakfast is still included at the moment but from 13th October it will be changing. Personally I don't usually have breakfast, just take cereal bars then have something in Salon Mickey. The new prices seem very expensive, and the half board prices are going up a lot too. I think at this rate it really won't cost much more to go to WDW.
Funnily enough, I just nearly typed this above and took it out. I've never got the 'I could go to WDW for the price of DLRP' comments - for us, a family of 4, having to travel in peak school holidays, it was never a cheaper option (or even similar). But honestly, with the way they are pushing, I can see this!

The thing is, Florida is cheap when you are there, Paris is not, it's astronomical - I think they need to remember that when pricing things. They will outprice the average family before long.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 16, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
LufcDeb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
Funnily enough, I just nearly typed this above and took it out. I've never got the 'I could go to WDW for the price of DLRP' comments - for us, a family of 4, having to travel in peak school holidays, it was never a cheaper option (or even similar). But honestly, with the way they are pushing, I can see this!

The thing is, Florida is cheap when you are there, Paris is not, it's astronomical - I think they need to remember that when pricing things. They will outprice the average family before long.
I've never got it either but with the increase in hotel prices and the price of food and drink at DLP it wouldn't cost much more to go to Florida and stay offsite. At least there are so many offsite restaurants in Florida. I do think DLP AP'S will have a huge price increase. I wonder if the offsite hotels will change the booking system, I book Dream Castle with Travel Republic and book the room only price but it always includes breakfast even though it doesn't say it.

Debs
LufcDeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 16, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Things like this are going to push me off site again for sure. I usually stay at the Ibis in val d'europe which is about 50 quid a night, and there's a little shop at the station where I can get a croissant and a drink for 2 euros.

The character breakfast is also moving to Plaza gardens from of March, you can no longer do it if you stay offsite:

A bit confused by the characters breakfast, if that's the only charge then surely you'd just do that rather than eat in your hotel? If you have to pay the hotel fee too how is it fair that someone at DLH has to pay 23 quid plus the charge for the character breakfast while someone at Santa fe only pays 13 quid plus the character breakfast charge?
dav220588 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 16, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
plutofan1
Imagineer

Mobile

I've just had a look at booking for next year and it says breakfast included except for Davy Crockett
That's direct on the Disneyland Paris website
plutofan1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 16, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Originally Posted by plutofan1 View Post
I've just had a look at booking for next year and it says breakfast included except for Davy Crockett
That's direct on the Disneyland Paris website
Magical breaks (the source of this info) tend to be a few days ahead of the official site. They were first with season of the force info too. Other travel agents have been confirming these changes too.
dav220588 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 16, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
plutofan1
Imagineer

So if anyone wants to book direct -now is the time as you would be booking with breakfast included as it clearly states this
plutofan1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 16, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Originally Posted by plutofan1 View Post
So if anyone wants to book direct -now is the time as you would be booking with breakfast included as it clearly states this
Yep as per the original post you still get it if you book before 13th October.
Old 22 Sep 16, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Pjamas
Apprentice Imagineer

Doing a few sums and this move would tip the scales towards a cheaper style Florida holiday. It really wouldn't be a lot more for a whole fortnight and dare I say cheaper than DLH if going for 7 days! We are going on Monday and staying at the DLH, we would have never paid that amount for breakfast, we would have to be trekking up to Starbucks in the village which doesn't open before 8 so we would miss some of the advantage of EMH.

I think I would have to just take continental breakfast with us and a plug in fridge cooler and we could eat in the room, hardly appropriate for a hotel which likes to think it is a 5*. I can see a lot of potential fire risks as people bring toasters with them too. For DLH it really presents a lot of problems, you would have to eat in the park - which is actually quite limited first thing at off peak times especially as so much is closed.

I don't think we would want to do a holiday at DLH again now they have bought in this rule. I would rather do a week in Florida and pay less, just pure madness, what are they thinking?!?

Edited at 04:23 PM.
Pjamas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread