Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Sep 16, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

Very glad I've just booked for December! I never normally bother eating breakfast at home, but my DS eats his weight in bread rolls in DLP!
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 16, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

My son only eats cereal for breakfast so even the Cheyenne price is silly. I would just take some croissants with us and eat in the room but they don't have fridges to keep milk cold for my son to have cereal. I would be paying £15 for a bowl of cereal but have no idea where else I could get it from! A plug in fridge may be the way forward!
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 16, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We ate breakfast at the Cheyenne because it was included but I certainly wouldn't have paid for it. We mostly had cereal or a crossiant.
In the states, we never eat in the hotel, preferring to get to the park earlier and I did realise towards the end of the week that we hadn't managed a really early morning as we had 'wasted' an hour each morning getting breakfast.

I won't miss it, but I do think it should be reflected in the price and I'm sure it won't be.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 16, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
They're coming into line with the other Disney resorts across the world - no where else includes breakfast. I feel that once they are charging, the breakfasts will change (?menu ?quick serve) as there's no way they will do all those croissants , pastries etc 'just in case' people pay for it. We enjoy the continental breakfasts (a bit too much!) and wouldn't pay for a cooked breakfast; probably have a character buffet one morning, then enjoy Earl or Starbucks the other days - but neither of those will be cheaper than our breakfast would be at Cheyenne.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 16, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
They're coming into line with the other Disney resorts across the world - no where else includes breakfast. I feel that once they are charging, the breakfasts will change (?menu ?quick serve) as there's no way they will do all those croissants , pastries etc 'just in case' people pay for it. We enjoy the continental breakfasts (a bit too much!) and wouldn't pay for a cooked breakfast; probably have a character buffet one morning, then enjoy Earl or Starbucks the other days - but neither of those will be cheaper than our breakfast would be at Cheyenne.
Starbucks and Earl of Sandwich are surely cheaper than eating breakfast in the hotel at those prices? Unless you're ordering buffet amounts of food at either of them.

In my opinion instead of, for example, a night at the Cheyenne going up by 50 Euros a night next year, they'll increase the hotels by a bit less but make you pay for breakfast instead.

My issue is with the lack of breakfast places if you don't eat in the hotel, particularly before EMH as none of the Village options open before 8:30am.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 16, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
You're right, I just checked. For what I would want at Earl - muffin, fruit parfait and latte - its around 9euros. We usually stay now at Cheyenne (and eat far too much at breakfast) so its a few euros cheaper - and healthier - each day.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 16, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

What are they thinking of? There has to be a point where people are not prepared to pay. I think that last time we were at the Cheyenne DD had a pain chocolat and a little tub of nutella every day. That's not worth €15!
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 16, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

I think dip is getting to expensive. The prices have gone up loads over the last few years, now this. I'm not sure if we will return may stick to Florida. I also love going to Spain but I've noticed those prices have gone up loads. Florida is much better value if you DIY it.
mrsbenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 16, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pjamas View Post
Doing a few sums and this move would tip the scales towards a cheaper style Florida holiday. It really wouldn't be a lot more for a whole fortnight and dare I say cheaper than DLH if going for 7 days! We are going on Monday and staying at the DLH, we would have never paid that amount for breakfast, we would have to be trekking up to Starbucks in the village which doesn't open before 8 so we would miss some of the advantage of EMH.

I think I would have to just take continental breakfast with us and a plug in fridge cooler and we could eat in the room, hardly appropriate for a hotel which likes to think it is a 5*. I can see a lot of potential fire risks as people bring toasters with them too. For DLH it really presents a lot of problems, you would have to eat in the park - which is actually quite limited first thing at off peak times especially as so much is closed.

I don't think we would want to do a holiday at DLH again now they have bought in this rule. I would rather do a week in Florida and pay less, just pure madness, what are they thinking?!?
I'm totally in agreement. We have nearly always stayed at the DLH and one of the big benefits (apart from location) was the lovely leisurely breakfast overlooking Main Street. We often did EMH and then went back for 10 am for 'brunch'. A great way to do it.

But now, they are totally alienating DLH guests (who pay more than anyone else for their standard rooms!?). I mean who is going to pay £200-400 per night for a standard room with no breakfast to then have to trek somewhere to try and find breakfast - as others say, they don't even have proper fridges you can use. I for one wouldn't head in the opposite direction to the park at that time to try and buy breakfast! I think the Cable Car Bakery is open early in the park, doesn't have that much to choose from but you can get a pastry and a coffee!

Next thing, it'll be Starbucks on Main Street .

The new Plaza Gardens breakfast looks great but as Dav says how on earth is the pricing going to work with tiered pricing for hotels. Also, it's not an everyday thing is it! I always feel Paris resort over complicates everything don't they! And I'm wondering why you can't eat there if you aren't a hotel guest? Surely if you have a park ticket, you are entitled to book a character meal like WDW/DL etc?

I'm so tempted to book our hotel now but we've definitely lost out as the standard rooms in the DLH are no longer available - it's terrace rooms and I begrudge paying extra £300 per room for a few doors lol! But breakfast is a big thing to us - the way we work it, it sets us up for the day and I'd really miss not going into Inventions every morning and looking at the view (but certainly won't be paying £23 each for the priviledge). We definitely won't be going twice next year with all these price increases DH wasn't keen, he'll be even worse now if I tell him about all this lol!

I suspect some of this is also to do with the fact that they are trying to stop the locals (cheap as chips APs, don't spend much but drain on facilities like Cafe Mickey etc), from enjoying so much without putting their hands in their pockets a bit more .

I just don't know where it's all going - I suppose something has to pay for all the refurbishment that is taking place! But honestly, I think they'll drive people away. I love DLRP, more than WDW, so I'm not even sure I'd do another Disney resort - and that takes a lot for me to say! I'd still like to do Tokyo one day but it's hardly a 'short break' that you do every year...

I was actually starting to feel more optimistic about the Park with the arrival of Star Wars and a few other changes. This has got me in the doldrums now though lol!
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 16, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Market Street deli is open for breakfast, definitely had a croissant and drink from there. It's expensive too though, about 5 or 6 euros for them.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread