Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Sep 16, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Also at other Disney resorts (in Florida)I believe they all have counter service as well as table service restaurants in hotels so if you just want, for example, a croissant you could get that. I think they need to have other breakfast options other than just a large buffet charging an extortionate amount. And they also have fridges in the rooms so you are able to provide your own breakfast if you wish to.

I get them bringing it in line with other Disney parks and it was only a matter of time but I think they need to offer guests alternatives at the hotel too.

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 16, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
Or, more likely, they do both.

Is someone in the DLH now expected to walk back to the Village to get breakfast if they don't want to pay £23 per person per day? Just because it brings things in line with the other resorts doesn't make it a good decision.
I didn't say it was a good decision. EuroDisney SCA are a company responsible to their shareholders and whilst Disney Corp are the major shareholder they expect the place to make a profit - something DLP hasn't been very good at in its history.They have taken the view that the way to do this is to stop included breakfasts rather than increase room prices. It is possible that we may see some Quick Service places pop up at resorts but until then if you don't eat at your resort then, yes, a walk may be involved or you can eat in the park.

Edited at 01:22 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 16, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
I didn't say it was a good decision. EuroDisney SCA are a company responsible to their shareholders and whilst Disney Corp are the major shareholder they expect the place to make a profit - something DLP hasn't been very good at in its history.They have taken the view that the way to do this is to stop included breakfasts rather than increase room prices. It is possible that we may see some Quick Service places pop up at resorts but until then if you don't eat at your resort then, yes, a walk may be involved or you can eat in the park.
I agree with Dav. I do think it's more problematic for DLH guests than other hotels who essentially pass through the village anyway. Unless they start offering other QS options in the park at EMH.

As for not increasing room rates - prices are much higher next year. So they've taken something away but certainly not reduced prices - they've increased them quite a bit!

I think it's out of order to charge around £200-400 per night at a hotel and not include breakfast. Especially in Europe where it's more accepted as the norm. Yes, the option to stay at another resort is available of course.

Agree with a pp about fridges etc. You can manage a lot better at WDW say for breakfast from your room. DLRP has never been kitted up for this - many rooms don't even have a kettle. Their answer to that - it's a European thing - yes, just like providing breakfast lol.

I really do think DLRP is just getting too expensive. They will out price the average family before long.

And yes, they answer to their shareholders. But the tide is turning and it ain't because they are answering to their small fry shareholders (like myself), it's because TWDC is the majority shareholder and they've bailed them out - it's time for a return!

The park is looking fantastic - from photos I've seen, better than it has done in years. There's been a lot of investment in the refurb. I get the money needs to be recouped from somewhere!

I do think this is the start of a major shake up at DLRP though.

I am interested to see the AP increases this year. I think the locals will be hit heavily in the pocket if they want to keep their APs...
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 16, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

I agree with Tink75. We have had to request a kettle for the rooms before now, and yet other European hotels provide kettle, tea, coffee & milk in the rooms!

Prices for next year have definitely gone up. In an attempt to take advantage of one last trip with 'free' breakfast, I booked us 5 days at the Newport Bay today for next March. Bearing in mind this is a slighter more expensive hotel than our usual haunt of Sequoia Lodge anyway, it still cost me around £100 more than I paid last December for a 5 day stay.

It is a horrible fact of life that they are taking away breakfast but still putting up the prices. Sad. I think a small fridge in the rooms would really help families, like they have in WDW.

And you are right, they have been bailed out by TWDC and they want to see some return from their cash injection - us minor shareholders don't count!
Old 23 Sep 16, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
I agree with Dav. I do think it's more problematic for DLH guests than other hotels who essentially pass through the village anyway. Unless they start offering other QS options in the park at EMH.

As for not increasing room rates - prices are much higher next year. So they've taken something away but certainly not reduced prices - they've increased them quite a bit!

I think it's out of order to charge around £200-400 per night at a hotel and not include breakfast. Especially in Europe where it's more accepted as the norm. Yes, the option to stay at another resort is available of course.

Agree with a pp about fridges etc. You can manage a lot better at WDW say for breakfast from your room. DLRP has never been kitted up for this - many rooms don't even have a kettle. Their answer to that - it's a European thing - yes, just like providing breakfast lol.

I really do think DLRP is just getting too expensive. They will out price the average family before long.

And yes, they answer to their shareholders. But the tide is turning and it ain't because they are answering to their small fry shareholders (like myself), it's because TWDC is the majority shareholder and they've bailed them out - it's time for a return!

The park is looking fantastic - from photos I've seen, better than it has done in years. There's been a lot of investment in the refurb. I get the money needs to be recouped from somewhere!

I do think this is the start of a major shake up at DLRP though.

I am interested to see the AP increases this year. I think the locals will be hit heavily in the pocket if they want to keep their APs...
At WDW we stay at the Yacht & Beach Club which is in the higher price range, with no breakfast included - but there are fridges and coffee facilities in each room - and a choice of table service, character or quick service breakfasts at the resort; although we often walk/go to parks or other hotels for breakfast. I have no objection really to DLP stopping the breakfasts but they ARE going to have to offer guests more choice and facilities to make it acceptable.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 16, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
... but they ARE going to have to offer guests more choice and facilities to make it acceptable.
I think I hinted at that with my QS references above. I don't particularly want to hoof it to Starbucks from DLH. Obviously the first thing to do on arrival is request a kettle in your room. I don't start the day without a cuppa.
Overall prices will increase and I can guarantee that every room will still be filled despite any misgivings we may have.

Edited at 09:35 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Pjamas
Apprentice Imagineer

Things could get really tough if Starbucks don't open before 8 (imagine the queues outside!)

I really hope DLP don't stop Starbucks and the other quick service food outlets serving food/coffee before 8 to try and force people into buying the hotel breakfast.
Pjamas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Day-Dreamer
Earning More Ears

This sounds quite bizarre on so many levels. It's all very well suggesting Starbucks, Earl etc but the queues there are already significant let alone with the addition of X 100s of additional onsite guests. Seating capacity is also quite limited. I'm failing to see any logic.
Day-Dreamer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

I suppose if we ever go again I'll be taking my trusty travel kettle and a pack of 12 brioche buns ! I think it's a real shame for families though, it's going to be costly.
Old 24 Sep 16, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
YankInScotland
Helping Minnie

Thank you for posting. We haven't booked for Feb yet...going to do it this weekend. We don't always eat breakfast but it's a great perk. Hate to see this change.
YankInScotland is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread