Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Jan 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
annachief
Imagineer

Encantada - Love Holidays Room Only or Self Catering

Evening All

Trying to book Encantada through love holidays as is £1000 for 13 nights but is giving me two options Two Bedroom Suite with Balcony/Terrace Room Only or self catering town house. On the facilities it seems the same (with cooker, fridge etc) so does anyone know what the difference is (apart from £100).
annachief is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I've stayed at Encandata 4 times and I'm sure there are no suites with balconies. Part of the property is privately owned 3/4 bedroom townhouses and part is 2/3 bedroom townhouses owned and managed by Club La Costa. I would suggest you contact Love Holidays to clarify as maybe wrong description as I think when we booked through Avios for a few nights after our latest trip to a DIBB townhouse they described it as an apartment but was a 2 bed terraced townhouse (ie property attached on either side).

Have you checked availabilty for your dates for either of the DIBB owned properties as I can certainly recommend the one owned by Goofy 3075! Also double check that there is no resort fee as while we did not have to pay one for DIBB property we had to pay one for the one booked through Avios.

Edited at 10:33 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We've stayed at Encandata via CLC points which was a townhouse but walking/driving around the site there are no balconies.

We found the other CLC resort at Old town better positioned though if that's an option
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

We've stayed at Encantada a few times also but don't recall seeing balconies on any of the properties?

The 2 bedroom townhouses have hot tubs and 3 bedroom splash pools.

From memory the resort directly across the road has balconies although I can't recall the name of it.

We stopped going because of the resort fees charged by CLC although booking with owners privately will negate this charge.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
annachief
Imagineer

I might just contact them to ask what the difference is and whether are any resort fees. I checked one of the properties on here but isn’t free and the other I can’t see how to check availability. Also seen some nice ones on Airbnb - the hot tub after a day at the parks looks nice!
annachief is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

I think they charge $20 a day for resort fees?
I didn't think we would use the hot tub but after a long day it was lovely to relax and chill in😀
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Nikkip2019
A Guest at All-Stars

I went there last year and we had a three bedroom townhouse. Booked this year and got the 4 bedroom townhouse, booked through travel republic might be worth having a look on that site too. I never noticed any balconies anywhere tbh. The townhouses are lovely and it's handy for all the supermarkets only 5 minutes drive up the road. Mcdonalds at the end of the drive if you want something easy lol.
Nikkip2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by coinneach View Post
We've stayed at Encantada a few times also but don't recall seeing balconies on any of the properties?

The 2 bedroom townhouses have hot tubs and 3 bedroom splash pools.

From memory the resort directly across the road has balconies although I can't recall the name of it.

We stopped going because of the resort fees charged by CLC although booking with owners privately will negate this charge.
We’ve booked a 3 bed the description states hot tub not splash pool 😬
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mallky555 View Post
We’ve booked a 3 bed the description states hot tub not splash pool 😬
We had a 3 bedroom with a splash pool,I thought the 4 bedrooms had a splash pool,perhaps it can vary?
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
CLC only own part of the property and have 2 or 3 bedroom units with Hot Tubs not pools. The remaining units are privately owned, some have a splash pool and some only have a patio area depending on the intial spec. If you have booked direct with an owner obviously you will know for definite but if you book through an intermediary and do not know if privately owned or Club La Costa owned and managed it will vary.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List