Old 23 Feb 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Sneaky bonus 6 nights at Universal Feb 2020- Day 6- US and Marvel Dinner IOA

Today was our last full day. We had plans to finish any must do rides in US today. We also had the Marvel character dinner booked but the kids had no idea yet.

We manged a lie in to 6.30 today. We had run out of cereal so we got dressed and headed to Voodoo donuts again. We did debate trying to rope drop Hagrids but after an unsuccessful attempt at this previously we decided a more relaxed start was in order. We did spend the whole day watching Hagrids but it wasn't to be. The shortest was 75 min mid morning but we were no where near it and it quickly jumped to 120+

We were approaching Presidents day and today was a Friday and predicted to be busier. You could see this as soon as we got to city walk there were just more people around.

It was 22 degrees and cloudy/drizzly today. we all brought and wore our cardigans/hoodies over our shorts and T Shirts and that was comfortable.

We had our donuts and usual coffee and juice. We ordered our favourites- old fashioned plain, Boston cream and the triple chocolate. My son did try a new valentine day heart shaped donut filled with nutella which was a hit.

We wandered into US during early opening about 8.30. We decided on Minions while my husband finished his coffee. After this I took the youngest on Shrek and the others did Rip Ride Rocket. Shrek took forever- we walked straight into the pre-show but it went on forever. It was not worth the wait.

The park felt busier.

We saw Optimus Prime was out but after a toilet break he was gone but never fear Megatron was due in 5 so we joined one other family in the queue. He was impressive and my youngest needed an encouraging word to have a photo. It started to drizzle so we ran onto Transformers and Megatron was quickly taken in after we met him.

Given the mild rain we decided on another first- a show. Animal actors was on at 10.30 so we headed over. This was nice but I doubt we'll go again.
We stayed in the area and re did the ET photos as the kids loved this and then waited 5 minutes to meet the Trolls. We had been making our way to ET as its one of the kids favourites but it was down. We didn't want to miss this so decided on an early lunch at Simpsons then hopefully nip back.

We probably wouldn't have chosen to eat here but it was handy. We got some chicken tenders and fries, 2 chicken tacos, a side of fries, a duff and just for fun a flaming Moe (hot fanta and sprite). This was all good but nothing special. The kids liked the Flaming Moe. We also grabbed a photo with Homer and Bart on the way out.

Then thankfully we got on ET.

Time was marching on so we got the kids to pick their must do rides before we moved to IOA. For some reason they choose Fast and Furious. This was a bad decision even with express pass this was a really long wait- express does not save you much time. It really felt like a waste of 45 minutes. Never again.

I took the older two on The Mummy the 2nd choice. The youngest seemed tired so needed a rest and a drink. I think had we had more time we would have also done Simpsons but we needed to crack on.

It was about now my daughter said she was tired and felt ill. She looked okay but tired- we offered to go home but she wanted to stay. We let her sit in the pram and rest- we thought it was more tiredness than anything. We pressed on as she said she was feeling okay again.

We had a photo pass package from the black Friday sale that included the Shuttle button DVD. This is a series of moving photos against Harry Potter back drops. I would never had thought to do this but it was fun. My daughter perked up and the older two loved acting in the robes. Me and my husband nipped into 2 shots but mainly left them to it. The youngest was tired and got bored. So he only stars in 3/4 of them. They only had Griffendor robes and they were big on the 8 yr old never mind the 4 year old.

We had a 20 minute wait for the DVD so we headed on Gringotts. Always fun and with express was about 20 minutes. We also tried to do magic but none of the wands were working- all 3 ended up needing a repair. This was easily done.

We said our goodbyes to US and got the Hogwarts express. This was a long wait even with express. The queue to get the lift with the pram was tedious and long.

We made it across much slower than intended. All 3 kids were flagging now- had we not had dinner booked and paid for we would have gone back. We told the kids about the dinner and asked if they wanted to leave or crack on- they wanted to stay. We had about 2 hrs until dinner. Originally we hoped to jump on Hagrids but it was varying from 90-120 min and even without dinner booked the kids were not going to manage that wait today. We also passed on Forbidden Journey and Hippogriff in favour of a rest and sit down. We grabbed a butter beer and headed to the the Lost Continent to grab seats some soft drinks hummus/veg, chicken gyro and a churruo. A random selection but we thought the kids needed it.

We continued to wander around and on passing Poisdeons Fury decided to give it a try. I honestly cannot remember if I've done this before but the kids hadn't. We waited about 10 min and it was good fun and worth doing once. At the time my daughter hated the dark bits but has since decided it was brilliant.

We passed through Seus landing and only had time for one ride, we split up based on preference and did Cat in the Hat/One Fish Two Fish. Everything was taking longer today.

We needed to get to dinner. We arrived at 5.45 and were seated on time at 6pm. There was some lemonade to drink while waiting.

The venue at Cafe 4 is a bit cafeteria like and I had low expectation for the food having read reviews. This was all about the characters. In that respect it did not disappoint. We had a table near a big screen great for photos. The kid didn't stop smiling the entire meal.

The buffet was grand - pizza, pasta, rolls, some chicken and desserts. The kids were very happy and it was good enough that it wouldn't put me off going back but it was not great food by any means.

The characters were Storm, Cylops, Captain America, Spider man and Wolverine. All were brilliant in character and talkative- not rushed -2 of the 5 had photo pass photographers with them. The kids left very happy.

The park was closed so we walked back to the hotel room. We stopped to get our 2 photos printed that we had as part of our package. This was easy enough they also found some photos that were missing from the account. The walk was pleasant and the kids had all perked up and seemed well.

Unfortunately both my daughter and 10 yr old son vomited over night. Vomiting kids in a hotel room is not easy. I felt guilty for not really believing my daughter was ill but the funny thing was she had perked up and was much better all evening. Maybe we should have cut our loses earlier in the day. Maybe it was something they ate. Honestly she wasn't that bad just tired. We settled the kids, cleaned the room and tried to sleep ourselves. As you can imagine we didn't sleep well.

Tomorrow was our last day and we had a plane to catch- and now we may have sick kids

Link to Index https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1161617

Edited at 04:33 PM.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

That’s such a shame your kids were unwell. Though it was good they managed to last and enjoy the marvel dinner 😊
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Shame the children were ill hope they feel better tomorrow

Joan
Old 25 Feb 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thankfully both kids recovered quickly- We took it easy the next day due to this and the crowds
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Ah what a shame the kids were sick, I was a bit ill on one of the days think the heat and the tiredness catches up with us at some point.
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List