Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Feb 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fizzypop View Post
Fingers crossed they arrive here tomorrow. Weather forecast looks like it should clear overnight, here’s hoping.
Where are you getting your info from fizzypop ?
All the holiday weather websites have been completely silent on the sandstorm . They have just said sunny ( which was true in as much as there were no clouds ) so unsure when it’s all passing on

It does appear ( though hard to tell as dark ) marginally clearer now than a couple of hours ago
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Is that the Columbus hotel in Las America’s? I stayed there in 2001, had rooftop jacuzzis so we could get away from the kids around the pool and it was 500 pesetas to use the jacuzzi for 30 mins 😂😂
Good spot - yes it is - don't think they have rooftop jacuzzis any more - certainly not advertised and I didn’t see any when I went up there - I didn’t even know it had a rooftop terrace until someone on trip advisor mentioned it , yet we stayed here 2 years ago as well
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
All the holiday weather websites have been completely silent on the sandstorm . They have just said sunny ( which was true in as much as there were no clouds ) so unsure when it’s all passing on

It does appear ( though hard to tell as dark ) marginally clearer now than a couple of hours ago
Past experiences usually last 24 to 48 hrs at most.
Sometimes only an hour or 2.
Fuerta has had a good coverage of sand from my local management company.
Old 23 Feb 20, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post

Accuweather. It has said its been hazy (definitely an understatement) for the last 2 days but sun and cloud tomorrow with a chance of a shower tomorrow afternoon. I need one more day by the pool so I’m hoping it’s right.

Looks a bit clearer here now too - well we can see the hotel next to us now which is an improvement on this afternoon.

Edited at 11:20 PM.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fizzypop View Post
Accuweather. It has said its been hazy (definitely an understatement) for the last 2 days but sun and cloud tomorrow with a chance of a shower tomorrow afternoon. I need one more day by the pool so I’m hoping it’s right.
Still showing hazy sunshine for tomorrow for las Américas :-(

Just found this on their weather warnings though on accuweather

Edited at 11:26 PM.
Old 23 Feb 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Fingers crossed
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Still not completely clear but better than yesterday, at least I can see the sea this morning

Hopefully everyone’s flights will be OK today and those that are diverted will arrive in the Canaries.
Old 24 Feb 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
BellaBess
Getting Excited

Mobile

I have just seen that jet 2 have cancelled all flights for today and anyone travelling Tuesday and Wednesday to check there flight is confirmed before travelling to airport it's on there Facebook page
BellaBess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Looking much better here in playa de las americas

Out to see still hazy but we have blue sky overhead

The chair on the balcony hasn’t fared so well

Old 24 Feb 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
My mum's on her first trip without my Dad flying today to Fuertventura from Manchester and they have been diverted to Faro for the night due to a sandstorm over the Canaries.

Jet2 have took them to a hotel for the night.

I'm assuming Jet2 cover hotel, evening meal, drinks and breakfast? Is that right?

She should be all inclusive in resort by now 😢 The trip is difficult anyway going with Dad's sister and husband when before it's been the four of them. Plus mum hates flying so an additional stop will be hard.

Is there anything else Jet2 should do? Can they claim anything else?
Blue nose - have you seen the latest on the jet2 website ?
Looks like your mum will be staying in faro 😪