Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 23 Feb 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie1994
Dancing with Tink'

Asking Disney to change ticket prices?

Hi, I booked a package with Disney last year which included tickets and free dining, I’ve just checked the ticket prices now and they are around £25 cheaper. Does anyone know if I ask them will they be able to change the ticket price before I pay the full amount?

Thank you
pixie1994 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

They will but you’ll lose the free dining, as it’ll be a new package.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie1994
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
They will but you’ll lose the free dining, as it’ll be a new package.
That makes sense, I’d rather keep the free dining 😂 😂 Thank you for your quick reply!
pixie1994 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs Duck
Imagineer

Literally just checked this and was going to ask the same thing. It’s a bit cheeky and DH wasn’t too pleased but don’t want to lose free dining For a second I thought we were going to get money back
Our little girl arrived March 2016

Mr & Mrs Duck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie1994
Dancing with Tink'

I know I though so too, it would have been extra money to spend there anyway 😂😂 at least we get free food! 🤗🤗
Old 23 Feb 20, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Consider it £25 for the dining plan

Bargain!
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

if they had gone up would you have been happy them asking you for the extra
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Ticket prices change all the time. As do room prices and flight prices. And prices of lots of other things,

When you book the package you enter into a contract to agree to pay that price at that time.

There’s nothing stopping you contacting Disney and asking to pay the current price instead of the old price but I suspect Disney will say no. You would probably need to end the current contract you agreed to at the old price and start a new contract which would include the current price. But that would mean other things would change as well (for example, the free dining deal would no longer apply).

It’s not cheeky. It’s normal business. If you buy something from a shop and several months later it drops in price most people would not go into the shop and ask for a refund due to the difference in price.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
pixie1994
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Ticket prices change all the time. As do room prices and flight prices. And prices of lots of other things,

When you book the package you enter into a contract to agree to pay that price at that time.

There’s nothing stopping you contacting Disney and asking to pay the current price instead of the old price but I suspect Disney will say no. You would probably need to end the current contract you agreed to at the old price and start a new contract which would include the current price. But that would mean other things would change as well (for example, the free dining deal would no longer apply).

It’s not cheeky. It’s normal business. If you buy something from a shop and several months later it drops in price most people would not go into the shop and ask for a refund due to the difference in price.

That’s true! Someone mentioned it to me last week that they had done it a few years back (not sure if they changed package or not) and thought I’d check on here if it was worth asking before I paid it off. I didn’t bother asking when I was paying it off. As long as I get to go to Disney that’s all that matters!🤗🤗

Thanks everyone for your replies!
Old 24 Feb 20, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Tried once before years ago but they said it was classed as a change and would want £50 each to change them. (This was to change a 7 day ticket to a 14 day that they had put on offer at the 7 day price). I declined.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List