Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Feb 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Do you recommend Universal?

I'm about to start planning our California road trip for the end of May (I'm starting planning too late for my liking!) and I had always planned on doing a day at Universal during our time in LA. I mentioned this to my husband last week and he seemed surprised that we were going there (and when I said should we do 1 or 2 days at Disney, he said 2).

If we have limited time, would you recommend going there? I went about 9 years ago, before any of the Harry Potter attractions were added, and we did Universal in Orlando 2 years ago, so we have experienced Universal already.

I had mostly wanted to go for the studio tour, but also for a quick taster as we didn't get a change when in Orlando last year, and now I'm conflicted
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

For a studio tour I would go to Warner Bros Studios for that.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Personally I preferred Universal in California to the one in Orlando (and that was before the Harry Potter stuff opened)...!

The studio tour was good and the whole park seemed more 'authentic' because of the studio aspects.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely

It’s a great park and has more atmosphere and space than the one in Orlando .

The back lit tour is the genuine article unlike the replica in Orlando - you will love it
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you I'll check what our times are like and maybe try to sell it to him
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
trampslikeus
Apprentice Imagineer

The back lot tour has the added newer attractions of Kong and Fast and Furious, but other than 3D Kung Foo Panda and Living Dead horror walk through you will have seen most of the rest and more at Universal Orlando Resort.
Also costing £100 per adult day ticket, with park shutting at 6pm (in June), didn't think it was great value.
trampslikeus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Personally I preferred Universal in California to the one in Orlando (and that was before the Harry Potter stuff opened)...!

The studio tour was good and the whole park seemed more 'authentic' because of the studio aspects.

Totally agree, we prefer it too
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

I like Universal, as it is a theme park on a side of a hill !
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
garethandlyn
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We love universal and haven’t been since WWHP opened so looking forward to seeing that. Love the atmosphere and the back lot tour is fab! We also love Warner Bros which is a 3 hour tour and is awesome. If you get the chance they’re both brilliant studios.
Disneyland/Seaworld SD/Vegas - 95/97/98/09, Roosevelt NYC - Nov 99, Pensylvannia NYC - Dec 02, Florida Villa - Aug 01, Santa Fe DLP - Mar 05, Davy Crockett DLP - Oct 06 & Feb 07, Davenport Lakes Villa Feb 09, LA, SD, Palm Springs and Vegas Baby! May 2010. HRH & Marriott Grande Vista Feb 2012 LA,LV,SF,Yose,ML Aug 15
garethandlyn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List