Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 23 Feb 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by The waltons View Post
If it’s to start in 2020 there may not be additional charge as 2020 has already been sold ?
2020 hasn't been sold to Americans. They don't book trips a year or more in advance like us Brits and they're the ones who tend to pay for the dining plan.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

This sounds interesting, but potentially annoying for us! DH wanted to do DxDDP, but I said three credits a day (even with an occasional signature) would mean too much time spent eating. We couldn’t quite squeeze all the TS credits we wanted to use within the free DDP, so we decided to make DD9 an adult, then use her credits for our meals and pay for hers OOP.

I had said to DH lots of times that I wished there was something in between, and that my ideal dining plan would be two TS and two credits per day. Now I’m not sure if I hope this is available to us or not. I assume we can’t downgrade DD back to a child, so we might have priced ourselves out of upgrading to the new plan (if it is a possibility at all). Oh well, I guess we will just have to wait and see when we know more details.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

So basically is 2 table service credits per day...
Old 23 Feb 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
It sounds like a smaller version of the deluxe dining plan which offers three meals a day which can be TS or QS.
Yes it seems to be for people who want two table a service meals a day probably. I can see there been an audience for this as it’s not really more food than the regular dining plan it’s just all potentially table service. The link says it includes two snacks a day and the refillable mugs.
Old 23 Feb 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

I think this plan would work particularly well for people who like doing signature/ 2 credit meals... am looking forward to hearing pricing etc
Old 23 Feb 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elise79 View Post
Time of year has a big influence on how easy it is to rearrange ADRs plus how flexible you can be in time plus party size.

September through to Christmas is a lot harder to get ADRs than summer.

Value if you are paying is easier if you have kids as the plan is cheap compared to the price of the character meals - so doing those makes it easy. Once you have a ten year old it gets harder.

If you eat the way the plan is designed exactly it can be good - but for longer trips most of us Brits go offsite for a least a couple of days making it harder to get that value.
September and October is when I go and I've never had trouble getting ADRs on the day or the day before, even at traditionally popular places such as Ohana and BOG. I always assume that's because people eat a lot at the food and wine festival booths.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Sounds interesting but I have no idea how they will structure the pricing on that as for people who want just QS I imagine the price will be hiked up as effectively you could have DDP on this package too.
Not sure what you mean?

You’ll basically be paying for 2 table service credits plus 2 snack credits per day. So it’ll be more than the regular dining plan (1 table service credit and 1 quick service credit) but less than the deluxe dining plan (3 table service credits).

You’ve always had the choice to use table service credits to buy quick service meals. So, with the deluxe dining plan, you’ve always been able to use some of the TS credits to get QS meals if you wanted (same goes for the regular dining plan).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
shaz luvs tink
Imagineer

Mobile

I wonder if details of this will be released the same time as room rates for 2021 as I was lead to believe room rates would be released at the end of February
shaz luvs tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Given that DDP is £17 more expensive per night than QSDP I’m going to guess at £47.99-49.99 per night to buy.

Will we start a sweepstake .
Here are the current prices per night of the dining plans:

QSDP - Adult £39.99 Child £17.99
DDP - Adult £56.99 Child £20.99
DxDDP Adult £85.99 Child £29.99

This new Dining Plan Plus is between the DDP and DxDDP. Therefore it’ll cost somewhere between £57 a night and £86 a night.

I’d guess at £70 per night for adults.

(I’m not sure why you’d guess it to be cheaper than the regular DDP? )

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

This would work better for us as we like a decent breakfast and a sit down dinner so breakfast somewhere like The Wave or Boma and then TS dinner works. We tend not to eat midday in the heat anyway. I’m not a fan of QS.
Depends on the price point as to whether we’d be tempted back onsite by it though.

Edited at 03:41 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List