Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Feb 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wee blue devil View Post
Hi,

Looking at the Blue Tree Resort in Lake Buena Vista for September 2020.

It is getting mixed reviews on trip advisor, so I’m a bit unsure.

Has anyone stayed here who can offer some advice?

Thank you.

WBD
We stayed there in October 2018.
I wouldn’t return. The resort has great potential, the grounds are lovely and always being cleaned, it’s close to WDW etc. It’s just tired though, uncared for.
The sofa beds need replacing, they are very uncomfortable to sleep on, even with a foam mattress topper. We had things like remotes for the tv not working, plumbing in the room next door needing maintenance which was so loud it disturbed our sleep, WiFi codes being changed without informing us, and our room keycard stopped working 2 days before we checked out.
All little things, and as soon as we contacted reception they sent maintenance to fix things, but these were all things that should be checked routinely, not wait til something stops working and gets reported.

Edited at 09:49 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

We have also stayed at Blue Tree but in 2016, we loved the location. The apartment was a decent size, everything was clean. Our sofa was a little tired but still comfortable as a sofa bed for ds. We would stay there again. It wasn't 5 star but a decent place to stay.
Only issue was I assumed that there would be a washer and dryer given the type of apartment/villa, there wasnt however there was a laundry but this was my lack of research and it ended up not being an issue.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
JimF
VIP Dibber

Stayed there once. We were in a 2 bed unit which had a washer / dryer. The 1 bed units do not. It was ok and the location Is good. We now prefer the neighbouring resorts, Cypress Pointe or Grande Villas. We just think they have a better general feel to them. Best prices for those this year on Love-holidays.
JimF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by JimF View Post
Stayed there once. We were in a 2 bed unit which had a washer / dryer. The 1 bed units do not. It was ok and the location Is good. We now prefer the neighbouring resorts, Cypress Pointe or Grande Villas. We just think they have a better general feel to them. Best prices for those this year on Love-holidays.
This is interesting because we stayed in a 2 bed, just seen up also had them, did I miss them?
Or perhaps they've included them since or we lucked out...
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee blue devil
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Thanks guys, we are 90% sure of booking this!

Anyone else have anymore advice?
Wee blue devil is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
We stayed there in October 2018.
I wouldn’t return. The resort has great potential, the grounds are lovely and always being cleaned, it’s close to WDW etc. It’s just tired though, uncared for.
The sofa beds need replacing, they are very uncomfortable to sleep on, even with a foam mattress topper. We had things like remotes for the tv not working, plumbing in the room next door needing maintenance which was so loud it disturbed our sleep, WiFi codes being changed without informing us, and our room keycard stopped working 2 days before we checked out.
All little things, and as soon as we contacted reception they sent maintenance to fix things, but these were all things that should be checked routinely, not wait til something stops working and gets reported.
Did you stay with Westgate Blue Tree or SPM Blue Tree? There are 2 companies on the site. I love Blue Tree resort, but made the error of booking the Westgate Blue Tree the 2nd time we stayed there and it was exactly as you described, this was in November 2012.

If I’m recommending it, I will always recommend SPM Blue Tree and avoid Westgate owned apartments like the plague.

Last time we stayed, admittedly was 2014, but we had a fabulous 2 bedroom apartment, with a full kitchen, washer and dryer, spa style bath and separate shower within the master suite, and further smaller bathroom with bath and shower over it. I love the location, close to restaurants and shops, really easy to get places. We always hire a car, so ever used the shuttles, but I know they have them.

Edit - note to say our SPM Blue Tree 1 bed in 2010, and 2 bed in 2014 both had a washer and dryer, but the Westgate 2 bed in 2012 did not, but there was paid for facilities on site.
2026 - maybe...

Edited at 10:28 PM.
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Jesslydevie1
Very Serious Dibber

We must have had new apartments every time we have been as we have never had an issue with the sofa looking tired etc it has always been new furniture . We have only ever booked Bluetree and not Westgate bluetree I don’t know if that makes a difference ?
Old 26 Feb 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Allisonjane
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed there in April last year, the location is perfect and overall it's a nice resort with lovely pools and grounds. We booked through SPM and our apartment was very dated and worn, the sofa and carpets were badly stained and thread bare in places, the bathroom was disgusting, lots of mold patches and there was a permanent damp smell. We asked to change rooms but were shown another 2 which were no better.
We would not stay here again or recommend it to anyone. Cypress Pointe and the Grand Villas, which are next door to Blue Tree are far superior for a similar price, we have stayed there 5 times and wouldn't hesitate to book either of them again.
1993, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 all off site, 2007 Pop/AKL + Fairytale Wedding, 2008 Cypress Pointe, 2010 Disney Magic, 2010 OKW/Rolling Hills, 2011 Pop/CBR, 2013 POFQ/Bellavida, 2015 OKW/Windsor Hills/AKV, 2016 CBR, 2017 Cypress Pointe, 2018 OKW/Storey Lake, 2019 BlueTree Resort, 2019 Cypress Pointe/Tuscan Ridge, 2020 CSR, 2021 Formosa Gardens
Allisonjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bolto6 View Post
Did you stay with Westgate Blue Tree or SPM Blue Tree? There are 2 companies on the site. I love Blue Tree resort, but made the error of booking the Westgate Blue Tree the 2nd time we stayed there and it was exactly as you described, this was in November 2012.

If I’m recommending it, I will always recommend SPM Blue Tree and avoid Westgate owned apartments like the plague.

Last time we stayed, admittedly was 2014, but we had a fabulous 2 bedroom apartment, with a full kitchen, washer and dryer, spa style bath and separate shower within the master suite, and further smaller bathroom with bath and shower over it. I love the location, close to restaurants and shops, really easy to get places. We always hire a car, so ever used the shuttles, but I know they have them.

Edit - note to say our SPM Blue Tree 1 bed in 2010, and 2 bed in 2014 both had a washer and dryer, but the Westgate 2 bed in 2012 did not, but there was paid for facilities on site.
it was SPM Blue Tree I booked, and it was the SPM reception I checked in at.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lynjowton
Excited about Disney

lynjowton's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We stayed in October 2019 apartment was great had 2 bed 2 bath was able to cook ourselves when and whatever we wanted. Close to Disney for uber trips. We had a nice time and would stay here again. What are you most concerned about go ahead and ask anything you need to know .
lynjowton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List