Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Feb 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile Flight diverted

My mum's on her first trip without my Dad flying today to Fuertventura from Manchester and they have been diverted to Faro for the night due to a sandstorm over the Canaries.

Jet2 have took them to a hotel for the night.

I'm assuming Jet2 cover hotel, evening meal, drinks and breakfast? Is that right?

She should be all inclusive in resort by now 😢 The trip is difficult anyway going with Dad's sister and husband when before it's been the four of them. Plus mum hates flying so an additional stop will be hard.

Is there anything else Jet2 should do? Can they claim anything else?
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
My mum's on her first trip without my Dad flying today to Fuertventura from Manchester and they have been diverted to Faro for the night due to a sandstorm over the Canaries.

Jet2 have took them to a hotel for the night.

I'm assuming Jet2 cover hotel, evening meal, drinks and breakfast? Is that right?

She should be all inclusive in resort by now 😢 The trip is difficult anyway going with Dad's sister and husband when before it's been the four of them. Plus mum hates flying so an additional stop will be hard.

Is there anything else Jet2 should do? Can they claim anything else?
I’m not sure they do cover food as it’s an act of god so to speak. I could be wrong though. Fingers crossed they get to where they are supposed to be soon.
Old 23 Feb 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Your poor mum. At least her flight wasn’t completely cancelled and she is on her way.

We are in fuerteventura at the moment. We arrived 3 days late due to storm Dennis and now we have this

We have paid extra for a sea view. Everything is covered in red dust.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fizzypop View Post
Your poor mum. At least her flight wasn’t completely cancelled and she is on her way.

We are in fuerteventura at the moment. We arrived 3 days late due to storm Dennis and now we have this

We have paid extra for a sea view. Everything is covered in red dust.
I was thinking of you fizzypop when I put my picture of the sand on the ‘ lees see some pictures’ thread .

We’ve had great weather to now and the bbc weather channel was showing full sun today - little did I know the sun would be hiding behind a blanket of sand

We are now getting a little concerned about our flight home tomorrow having been on edge last weekend wondering if we would set off at all / on time ( we were just an hour late so no biggie ) now sat here wondering what might happen .

We have an evening flight home - lands midnight - so any delay and we might not be able to go until Tuesday - not sure what time Edinburgh allow landings until ?

Ps - our sky looks redder than yours ! 😂😂

Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 06:32 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Regardless of the delay reason they should have to cover food/drink and the accommodation.

But Tinkermom is right in saying that the EU compensation regulations don't cover this as it's due to the weather.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
I’m not sure they do cover food as it’s an act of god so to speak. I could be wrong though. Fingers crossed they get to where they are supposed to be soon.
This made me smile "Act of God".

She's text to say it's my Dads way of punishing her for going without him 🤣

They're apparently still on runway in Faro. Two hours already with at least another 2 hour wait ☹️
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
This made me smile "Act of God".

She's text to say it's my Dads way of punishing her for going without him 🤣

They're apparently still on runway in Faro. Two hours already with at least another 2 hour wait ☹️
What are they waiting for if they have landed and are stopping the night in faro ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I was thinking of you fizzypop when I put my picture of the sand on the ‘ lees see some pictures’ thread .

We’ve had great weather to now and the bbc weather channel was showing full sun today - little did I know the sun would be hiding behind a blanket of sand

We are now getting a little concerned about our flight home tomorrow having been on edge last weekend wondering if we would set off at all / on time ( we were just an hour late so no biggie ) now sat here wondering what might happen .

We have an evening flight home - lands midnight - so any delay and we might not be able to go until Tuesday - not sure what time Edinburgh allow landings until ?

Ps - our sky looks redder than yours ! 😂😂

I’ll give you that, it looks redder than ours, all the surfaces are red though 😉 We have had 3 days of sun, drunk our way though the bar menu and eaten our body weight in food (yay for all inclusive)

Please just let us get home on Tuesday after getting special leave from work and having to fly from Gatwick instead of Bristol 🤞 Good job I have already bought my Boss some wine for letting me have extra leave, looks like I might need to upgrade it to a crate though at this rate ...
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fizzypop View Post
I’ll give you that, it looks redder than ours, all the surfaces are red though 😉 We have had 3 days of sun, drunk our way though the bar menu and eaten our body weight in food (yay for all inclusive)

Please just let us get home on Tuesday after getting special leave from work and having to fly from Gatwick instead of Bristol 🤞 Good job I have already bought my Boss some wine for letting me have extra leave, looks like I might need to upgrade it to a crate though at this rate ...
I bet the all inclusive is taking a hammering today

Our pool isn’t looking too appetising with all the sand dumped in it

My missus works in a school too so might be some grovelling required
Old 23 Feb 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I bet the all inclusive is taking a hammering today

Our pool isn’t looking too appetising with all the sand dumped in it

My missus works in a school too so might be some grovelling required
Redder now 😆

Yep, the all inclusive is certainly taking a hit 🥂 Good luck to your wife and work. Hope you manage to get away Ok. My concern will be for planes in the wrong places as hopefully it will be clear by Tuesday.