Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Feb 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Cherrypie View Post
If you’re taking fire out for a while it’ll need capping - although looking you can probably remove that fireplace without taking fire off?
Painting is the last job - make sure joiner comes after flooring so you get skirting on top of floor. You could always do a rough coat of paint on new plaster before the joiner comes x
I’ve no idea how to get the fireplace off - I thought it would be screwed to the wall but can’t see anything 🤷. My brother is coming to do it for us sometime this week.

The joiner will be laying the floor as well as doing the skirtings/facings so him first before the painter?

Thanks
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
scotlandgh
Helping Mickey

yeh joiner before the painter
scotlandgh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Thanks folks.

Stripping wallpaper is much, much worse than we ever anticipated. We are having to scrape the paint off first as if we put a steamer anywhere near it the paint is turning to gloop 😫.

Been at it for about 20 hours and still have a wall of paint to go and three walls of the “paper”. Plasterers coming next week so we have to get it finished!

This took me over two hours 😤

cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Nice sofa! Can I ask where you have bought this from please and how much it cost?
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
Nice sofa! Can I ask where you have bought this from please and how much it cost?
Thank you. We bought it from Buick of Montrose (we are north east Scotland) but Natuzzi will be stocked all over I imagine.

It was expensive (IMO). Ł3,369 for the three seater with tri-recline action (recliner, headrest and lumbar support). The two seater is fixed and does nothing as 90% of the time it’s just the two of us.
Old 8 Mar 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Plasterers have been in and it’s drying out nicely. I hate the mess though - think I’ve mopped the floors about ten times over the weekend .

New fireplace getting installed on Tuesday, joiner coming on Thursday then painter next week.

I’ve ordered blinds for the French doors

And a cushion that I like the colours of and am hoping I can use for inspiration on other accessories

Old 10 Mar 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post

This is the part where it all starts to come together. Looking spiffin' so far?

Be strong: - ) it'll all be worth it when it's over!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've just painted our living room Goose Down and new sofas have been delivered this morning. Curtains were a bargain in the next sale. New rug down and cushions on sofas...think I've gone overboard on the cushions! New mirror on wall - DH not happy with that as he couldn't see what was wrong with old one, or the old light fitting!

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Almost there!

Joiner needs to come back to fit the two bits of skirting beside the fire (surround wasn’t in when he was here), blinds and curtains (navy chenille) need to go up and I’m thinking a new rug (black or navy 🤷).

I also need to find some nice black tables and decide what to put above the fireplace.

The new sofa is on order and the new cushions aren’t coming out until it’s here

Old 22 Mar 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Pottermouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow! What a transformation, it’s lovely and light!

Wynnfield Inn Sept 00, Spring Hill Suites LBV Oct 07, POR Aug 08 & Aug 09, Sandy Ridge Villa Oct 10, Sheraton Park Anaheim 11, Scottsdale 12, Las Vegas Jun 13, Scottsdale 14, Dallas 15, OKW 16, Cuba 17, Cuba 18, Beach Club 19 & Kraków Nov 19.
Pottermouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List