Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 9 Jan 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile Wilderness Lodge At Christmas

Never been here at Christmas before. One night 2 weeks ago, we got the boat over from BLT to check out the Christmas vibe.

Well, I thought it was wonderful, the decorations and overall Christmas atmosphere was fantastic.

I know the transportation from there is not that great, and the Boulder Ridge rooms need a refurb, but definitely think I’ll book it for our Christmas trip this year.

I also forgot how nicely the resort is lit on a night, nice and dark and atmospheric (Mrs YT thinks a little too subdued lighting but I disagree) which sets off the decorations even more.

Anyone else stayed at Christmas and what did you think?
Old 9 Jan 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Stayed no, but we have visited every time we’ve had a Christmas visit to wander around and take a photo in the same place in front of the tree

It’s very lovely at Christmas
Old 9 Jan 20, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes! Three times, I think. Definitely the ‘go to’ resort for a stay in December. Local choirs come and sing in the lobby the week before Christmas.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed in 2002 before we were DVC members. Our children were 8 and 6 and it was so magical. It’s our youngest sons favourite resort. If I went at Christmas again I would definitely stay there if I could.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
Yes! Three times, I think. Definitely the ‘go to’ resort for a stay in December. Local choirs come and sing in the lobby the week before Christmas.
Yes they did this at Beach Club this Xmas just gone as well. Saw a really good one.
Old 13 Jan 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
cpjw
Proud to wear my Ears

We stayed there for Christmas a few years ago. The tree in the lobby looked amazing and Santa was there on Christmas Eve.
cpjw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Not at Christmas, but yes we have stayed.

In my opinion, the best delux hotel by a mile, so relaxed and a magical setting with nature at hand yet a short boat to the hussle and bussle of MK and monorail loop.

Copper Creek is stunning and these units are far superior to the units at the Poly on the lake notwithstanding the view.

Geyser Point by the lake is in the most magical position, with great service, cocktails and excellent food...the Bison Burger and crab cake sandwich ..oh my., better than fine dining in terms of value for money.

Love to read your honest ‘critics’ and look forward to this one. Enjoy

Disney332
Old 13 Jan 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Not at Christmas, but yes we have stayed.

In my opinion, the best delux hotel by a mile, so relaxed and a magical setting with nature at hand yet a short boat to the hussle and bussle of MK and monorail loop.

Copper Creek is stunning and these units are far superior to the units at the Poly on the lake notwithstanding the view.

Geyser Point by the lake is in the most magical position, with great service, cocktails and excellent food...the Bison Burger and crab cake sandwich ..oh my., better than fine dining in terms of value for money.

Love to read your honest ‘critics’ and look forward to this one. Enjoy

Disney332
I really really liked the look of Geyser point- the new additions there were done incredibly well. The food looks excellent there too.
If I buy any more points it could well be at Copper Creek I suspect after my stay.
Alas I will be very unlikely to book Copper Creek even in the 1 bed at 7 months at Xmas but I will get Boulder Ridge. Boulder Ridge has better space but needs a refurb. Then it will be done like the new SSR rooms and preferable to Copper Creek in many ways. Would not buy Boulder Ridge though due to end date. I do love the DVC building there.
Edit- they should really put a Geyser Point copy but made for New York theme type place in SSR- I’ve said this for a while.

Edited at 12:19 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Just bagged a Copper Creek studio for our August trip, so now have Boardwalk and CC booked, will have a think and cancel one. Copper Creek will be impossible to book Xmas and very good points value so may switch. Decisions...
Old 14 Jan 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Moogles Smith
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Just bagged a Copper Creek studio for our August trip, so now have Boardwalk and CC booked, will have a think and cancel one. Copper Creek will be impossible to book Xmas and very good points value so may switch. Decisions...
Nice decisions to have though right

DVC Owner - Polynesian
Moogles Smith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List