Notices

Old 27 May 16, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

Cool Are we there yet? July 2016 Pre-Trip Report! ***update 27th June***

Are we there yet? July 2016 – Pre trip Report...

Index:
The Plans
ADR's & snacks
Update#1
Last update

Hello and welcome to my Trip Report!
I honestly love reading every ones trip reports and I really want to do this but I've been fighting with myself for lots of reasons...
My spelling and grammar are not the best
I hate getting my picture taken
I can get a little obsessive and end up reading and rewriting things multiple times
I don't like to commit to things, have pressure (from myself to see it through)
I am not tech savvy!
Anyway, after lots of hemming and hawing and some encouragement from other lovely Dibbers, I've finally bit the bullet.

So here goes,
We are from a small village just outside Co.Derry in Ireland. We are going to Orlando for 3 weeks, 2nd of July-23rd of July... gives me butterflies just thinking about it.
The Cast
Me, Marie/Grapesoda, 39yr old planning obsessive and control freak!

DH, Nigel 37, laid back, hunter/gatherer.

DS1, Joseph 12, gaming addict with a very dry sense of humour.

DS2, Liam 8, lover of music and youtube.

How we got here
It all stared back in 2014 when we went to Disneyland Paris for the 1st time and I completely fell in love with the magic. As soon as we got home I'd talked my sister and Niece into going the next year. So once we had booked for 2015 I started making plans and stumbled across the Dibb...
Here's the boys at DLP

It's not right for a woman to read. Soon she starts getting *ideas*, and *thinking*...Gaston.

As soon as I joined the Dibb I started to regret my decision with booking DLP again. I started to think a trip to Florida would be amazing and the more reading I done the more I wanted to go! I began dropping little hints to Nigel, and the answer was straight up “no chance”!
He couldn't believe I was even considering it as I'd just booked DLP and that would have to go ahead because I didn't want to let my sister and niece down or the kids! Nigel wanted to spend some money on the house which needs some major updating, a new bathroom and kitchen to start with!

I spoke to my Mum about it and her advice was, go and make some memories!
So I told Nigel that when the kids are older they won't look back on their childhood and say we had a cracker lookin kitchen or an egg bath!
I couldn't believe it when he agreed and I didn't need telling twice!

Up next, The Plans

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here

Edited at 06:32 PM.
Grapesoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 16, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

brilliant

I am smiling as I read - and then feeling extremely guilty as im not doing one!

I shall enjoy reading and it will be a little surreal - a bit of DibbJa Vu as ill be there at the same time!

PM
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 16, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
brilliant

I am smiling as I read - and then feeling extremely guilty as im not doing one!

I shall enjoy reading and it will be a little surreal - a bit of DibbJa Vu as ill be there at the same time!

PM
No backing down now, I can't believe I've started this!

Ahem! You talked me into doing this, so you should be doing one too. Oh that's right your just going to copy and paste this one hahaha!

No really, please do a report I'd love to compare our trips and see what you get up to, won't be long now eeeek

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Grapesoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 16, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

I just feel the only way I would do it is live - or 7am as the kids are sleeping...
but I really have spent so much time in here planning (ignoring mamamouse & the weans) so I think when we are there I just wont want to do it.

7am is 12noon UK time so its the one time I'll HAVE to deal with any client enquires while Im there - just cant be working all day so the time diff is
excellent. check emails and deal with them at 7am US / 12noon UK and 12noon US /5pm UK with auto responder on emails too...

Edited at 09:44 AM.
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 16, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
CazP
Imagineer

Nice start to your trip, our dates overlap by a bit - we fly on the 20th July.
I agree Papamouse, you've planned so much and been part of the planning section on here, it'd be nice to see a report.

I've not done one before but have really enjoyed my doing pre-trip on here
WDW Oct 1991 HoJo DLP June 2001 Cheyenne DLP Santa Fe Feb 2003 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2008 WDW Xmas 2008 CBR DLP Santa Fe Oct 2010 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2012 Ramada Int. Drive Aug 2013 DLP Cheyenne Oct 2014 IDrive & OKW July/August 2016 Oct 2016 Cheyenne DLP Aug 2017 Fairfield Inn July 2018 Newport Bay
CazP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 16, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by CazP View Post
Nice start to your trip, our dates overlap by a bit - we fly on the 20th July.
I agree Papamouse, you've planned so much and been part of the planning section on here, it'd be nice to see a report.

I've not done one before but have really enjoyed my doing pre-trip on here
Carol I love all your plans, it's come around so fast hasn't it!?!

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Old 27 May 16, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
CazP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Grapesoda View Post
Carol I love all your plans, it's come around so fast hasn't it!?!
Thank you
I booked with 453 days to go, now 400 of those have gone
WDW Oct 1991 HoJo DLP June 2001 Cheyenne DLP Santa Fe Feb 2003 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2008 WDW Xmas 2008 CBR DLP Santa Fe Oct 2010 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2012 Ramada Int. Drive Aug 2013 DLP Cheyenne Oct 2014 IDrive & OKW July/August 2016 Oct 2016 Cheyenne DLP Aug 2017 Fairfield Inn July 2018 Newport Bay
CazP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 16, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Oh good. I love reading trip reports too, so I shall look forward to hearing more.
I don't like having my photo taken either, so the current obsession with 'selfies' leaves me cold.
Great user name ,btw.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 16, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Ohhhh, I'm so pleased you've decided to jump on board - welcome to the world of trip report writing!

Yes, it's time consuming, yes, you'll wonder if it you'll ever get it finished, or if anyone else will read it. But you know what, it's completely worth it in the end, if only for yourselves. I get sooooo much pleasure looking back on my old reports, and actually, keep thinking I should do something about preserving them elsewhere as I'd be devastated now to lose them!

Looking forward to seeing all your plans
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 16, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Great pre-trip report! You haven't got long to go and it's your first time so I should imagine you're crazily excited!

It's a daunting prospect writing a trip report, isn't it?! I'm regretting not doing it for my previous trips though as I am enjoying it and it'll be nice to read back.

Can't wait to read more
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List