Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 21 Jan 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
#1
yogadeb
Imagineer
 
yogadeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 13
VA reward flights ?

Hello dibbers, its been a few years since Ive been on here as no Florida holidays since 2017 but Im now looking to possibly plan for 2021.

Some questions on reward flights with virgin as I have 160,000 miles saved .

1) Is reward seats in premium and UC still coming up plenty available for kids summer holidays ? ( we have allways got them in past trips)
2) Are flights coming up on rewards still the direct to MCO? As I can see on VA website they seem to have stops now?
3) Are people finding best way to book is by doing it as single legs the day they come avalible instead of trying to get a return reward flight ?
4) when do rewards get released ? Is it still 330 days prior?


Thank you in advance
__________________

Quality inn international(now plaza) - 2004
All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Port Orleans riverside -2012
Royal Pacific and Beach club-2015
Royal Pacific and Animal kingdom lodge -2017

Edited at 12:29 PM.
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

 
Mr Tom Morrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14
Location: The Tiki Room.

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Hi. I have answered most of your post on another thread.

However rarely now do direct UC become available. Twice for 2020 I have booked the 1 way out leg and never got the return leg so ended up ditching the original one.

Finally they load them on diverse dates sadly. PE has more availability whereas UC is scarce.
__________________

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
yogadeb
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
yogadeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 13
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi. I have answered most of your post on another thread.

However rarely now do direct UC become available. Twice for 2020 I have booked the 1 way out leg and never got the return leg so ended up ditching the original one.

Finally they load them on diverse dates sadly. PE has more availability whereas UC is scarce.

Thank you


Things change eh

Ben still fondly remembers his uc flight out with your granddaughter at the on board bar btw - he hasnt forgot the amazing experience 😆
__________________

Quality inn international(now plaza) - 2004
All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Port Orleans riverside -2012
Royal Pacific and Beach club-2015
Royal Pacific and Animal kingdom lodge -2017
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

 
Mr Tom Morrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14
Location: The Tiki Room.

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by yogadeb View Post
Thank you


Things change eh

Ben still fondly remembers his uc flight out with your granddaughter at the on board bar btw - he hasnt forgot the amazing experience 😆
Ha ha. It kept them quiet for a few hours!

We took her again last year. She was in PE with us and kept asking where her bed was.

We wont pay to bring the Daughter out any more as with her ticket, the Park ticket and her food it's too much

Plan B for 2021 then. Either my Wife or I will fly back with her and immediately turn around and straight back to Florida.
__________________

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
tspill
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Feb 13
Check out this site seatspy/#bookmark-virgin-search

I have just upgraded our July outbound for 23000 miles and 100 each.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

 
THE WIZARD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 10
Location: East Midlands
I thought I recognised your name but hadn't seen you post for a while. I don't tend to come on much when I haven't got, or intend to have, a WDW holiday I must say. Welcome back anyway.
Yes a lot seems to have changed regarding getting upgrades etc - too many people looking for them nowadays !
__________________
The Wizard
THE WIZARD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Fun in the snow as usual
Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer
 
PoohBears#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 03
Originally Posted by yogadeb View Post
Hello dibbers, its been a few years since Ive been on here as no Florida holidays since 2017 but Im now looking to possibly plan for 2021.

Some questions on reward flights with virgin as I have 160,000 miles saved .

1) Is reward seats in premium and UC still coming up plenty available for kids summer holidays ? ( we have allways got them in past trips)
2) Are flights coming up on rewards still the direct to MCO? As I can see on VA website they seem to have stops now?
3) Are people finding best way to book is by doing it as single legs the day they come avalible instead of trying to get a return reward flight ?
4) when do rewards get released ? Is it still 330 days prior?


Thank you in advance
1) Keep checking! The availability changes all the time for reward seats, our March dates weren't available for ages, I checked routinely every day, and one day they just appeared, I'd almost given up, as it went on literally for weeks. This isn't summer holidays, but the same principle should apply.

2) Yes, we've found directs.

3) I thought this would cost more points doing separate legs?
__________________

DVC owner since 2002.
Many trips since '92 incl. ASMu, ASMo, ASSp, BCV, OKW, HRH, Drop Anchor Resort, Islamorada BWV, AKL - Kidani & Jambo, BLT, Vero Beach, THVs SSR, RPR, BRV, CCV Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Poly for our Anniversary :)
Reply With Quote
Reply
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

My Magic Holiday

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

theDIBB Menu


US Dollar Rates
Covent Garden FX  $1.2816
FAIRFX  $1.2700
John Lewis  $1.2772
M&S  $1.2594
Post Office  $1.2526
Sainsburys  $1.2702
Travelex  $1.2672
Updated: 10:02 18/02/2020

theDIBB Charities
Cancer Research UK
DIBB Members have Donated: £10,130
£


Macmillan Cancer Support
DIBB Members have Donated: £1,085
£

Euro Rates
Covent Garden FX  €1.1837
FAIRFX  €1.1730
John Lewis  €1.1782
M&S  €1.1623
Post Office  €1.1558
Sainsburys  €1.1726
Travelex  €1.1700
Updated: 10:02 18/02/2020

Orlando Weather
Florida Time
Tue 18th Feb 5:03am
Now: 19C/66F
Mist
Mist
Cloud Cover: 90%
Wind: 5mph - E Arrow points to where the wind is coming from.
Pressure: 1020mb
Humidity: 100%
Illuminations Smoke
Updated: 09:50 18/02/2020