Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jan 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Rough guess on price please

Ok so we was supposed to be having a cheaper holiday in turkey next year to save money as we wasn’t going back till 2022 , but it’s hubbys 50th and we are considering another trip back next summer but it’s been a few years since we been so I’m out of touch on stuff .

How much do you think we will pay in the kids summer holidays for a week in port Orleans and a week at royal Pacific , with direct PE flights with virgin please ?

We are 2 adults and a kid age 11

I know it’s hard to say but what do you reckon? I’m thinking can we do this for about 6500-7k?
Any tips greatfully recieved

Quality inn international(now plaza) - 2004
All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Port Orleans riverside -2012
Royal Pacific and Beach club-2015
Royal Pacific and Animal kingdom lodge -2017

Edited at 12:09 PM.
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

I’d say more than that unfortunately.. Just to give you an idea, we are paying about that (probably a bit more actually) for 2A and 1C this August. Direct flights Manchester to MCO 2 nights Endless Summer, 1 night RPR , 11 nights CBR, free dining upgraded to ddp. About £2000 of that is tickets. I looked out of interest the other day and if I booked similar now it would be about £1500- £2000 more! To be fair I have booked as a package so if I’d sourced my own flights it could have been less I guess, but we did feel we got a good price at the time in comparison to other packages on offer.
ETA Those flights are Virgin Economy btw.

Edited at 12:23 PM.
Th1nkT1nk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
I’d say more than that unfortunately.. Just to give you an idea, we are paying about that (probably a bit more actually) for 2A and 1C this August. Direct flights Manchester to MCO 2 nights Endless Summer, 1 night RPR , 11 nights CBR, free dining upgraded to ddp. About £2000 of that is tickets. I looked out of interest the other day and if I booked similar now it would be about £1500- £2000 more! To be fair I have booked as a package so if I’d sourced my own flights it could have been less I guess, but we did feel we got a good price at the time in comparison to other packages on offer.
ETA Those flights are Virgin Economy btw.
Thank you for replying , I know I’m hopeful . Have got a lot of air miles but not sure if it’s still as easy to bag reward seats in holidays .

We will see if not it’s turkey after all I think which will be ok too.
Thanks again

All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

We allways book separate usually and have found in past it’s cheaper .
But things change .

All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Old 21 Jan 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I think your total is ok IF it doesn't include spends, I'm also assuming park passes at both Disney & Universal? Whilst Disney have always been high, Universal's shot up a few years back so whilst still a lot cheaper than Disney .. Airport can make a lot of difference as I've always found Virgin from either Man or Glasgow to be really expensive but you don't state where from?
If you do a dummy booking just on Disney for 2 weeks, this summer, incl Virgin flights POR (preferred so would be slightly less if standard are available) is coming in at £5900 but you stated PE plus Universal tickets I reckon you are over £7k before you have spending money!
TBH IMO the days of a "cheap" Orlando holiday are gone, also food costs have risen , not helped by the poor exchange rate, but you are definitely spending the same or more than you would at home, more so onsite at Disney !
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by yogadeb View Post
Thank you for replying , I know I’m hopeful . Have got a lot of air miles but not sure if it’s still as easy to bag reward seats in holidays .

We will see if not it’s turkey after all I think which will be ok too.
Thanks again
Hi. Long time no speak!

Miles flights from LGW for PE and UC this year have been dire sadly

We are carrying a lot of Miles so for 2021 for at least 2 of our trips we are doing LHR to Miami to guarantee we can use them. That route has constant availability.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
I think your total is ok IF it doesn't include spends, I'm also assuming park passes at both Disney & Universal? Whilst Disney have always been high, Universal's shot up a few years back so whilst still a lot cheaper than Disney .. Airport can make a lot of difference as I've always found Virgin from either Man or Glasgow to be really expensive but you don't state where from?
If you do a dummy booking just on Disney for 2 weeks, this summer, incl Virgin flights POR (preferred so would be slightly less if standard are available) is coming in at £5900 but you stated PE plus Universal tickets I reckon you are over £7k before you have spending money!
TBH IMO the days of a "cheap" Orlando holiday are gone, also food costs have risen , not helped by the poor exchange rate, but you are definitely spending the same or more than you would at home, more so onsite at Disney !
SD
Thank you

Yeah my hopeful estimate is without spends but with tickets

Were flying from London

All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Old 21 Jan 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

I think that's a really ambitious target, if you break it down, even based on this year's prices.

Totally off the top of my head:

POR - £300 a night = £2100
RPR - £300 a night - £2100
Disney tickets £429 pp = £1287
Universal tickets £840

= £6327

Then you need flights on top, and in August, for economy, you're looking at best case scenario £800 pp direct.

If you're prepared to make compromises in flight class and accommodation, I'm sure you could easily do it within budget, but I don't think you can tick ever box on your list within your hoped for budget unfortunately.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi. Long time no speak!

Miles flights from LGW for PE and UC this year have been dire sadly

We are carrying a lot of Miles so for 2021 for at least 2 of our trips we are doing LHR to Miami to guarantee we can use them. That route has constant availability.

Hey ! Hope your well !

I might look at Miami then but we don’t drive abroad so unsure how far Miami is from Orlando ?

I feel like a newbie 😂

All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Old 21 Jan 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Chunky Peanut
slightly serious Dibber

If you have a lot of virgin miles you can get very cheap flights from Gatwick to Boston - was coming in at 250 in taxes and 150k miles for 2 adults 1 child in economy in august (was loads of availability - its a new route on a delta plane) - would then need flights to/from Boston.
Chunky Peanut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List