Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 Jan 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hollywood & Vine - anyone been recently?

We have always avoided this restaurant due the (mostly) bad reviews I’ve read on here. But having read a good review recently (Dixons on tour ), it made me wonder if it’s worth a try? We always do the Mama Melrose fantasmic package, but having done this every year thought it might be time for a change. We’re not doing Chef Mickey’s this year either, so currently not doing any “big five” character meals.

Any help much appreciated
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The food I actually found much better than expected when I last went in 2016, but we had to complain as no character at all came to our table. We were seated by the door.
However we never get DDP now, and the kids are older so we wouldn’t go near a character meal as none of them are worth anything like what they charge cash. I witnessed ‘Chef Mickey’ from afar this year whilst in Contemporary and shuddered at the chaos and price.
I probably wouldn’t go back if on dining plan but as I say, I expected food to be dire and it was pretty good I thought.
Old 25 Jan 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went for MinnieS halloween dine in October last year and the food was really good, it was nice to see the characters in different outfits and the interactions were spot on. We really enjoyed it.
Cape May breakfast was also excellent .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post

I haven’t been but interested in the responses you get. I do my research and whilst I do not have sky high expectations, I decided this was worth a try at least. I also chose it because I have already been to HBD and Mama Melrose, didn’t really like MM and HBD was ok but we don’t need to rush back.

We are doing Fantasmic package with a 6pm-ish dinner, I prefer the afternoon / evening characters to the morning ones as I don’t know who they are.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
The food I actually found much better than expected when I last went in 2016, but we had to complain as no character at all came to our table. We were seated by the door.
However we never get DDP now, and the kids are older so we wouldn’t go near a character meal as none of them are worth anything like what they charge cash. I witnessed ‘Chef Mickey’ from afar this year whilst in Contemporary and shuddered at the chaos and price.
I probably wouldn’t go back if on dining plan but as I say, I expected food to be dire and it was pretty good I thought.
Agree about the prices if not on the dining plan - pretty scary! We’ve did Chef Mickey’s four times and think it’s only been enjoyable once (for us adults) 😊. Good to hear the food was ok at H&V! Many thanks!
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
We went for MinnieS halloween dine in October last year and the food was really good, it was nice to see the characters in different outfits and the interactions were spot on. We really enjoyed it.
Cape May breakfast was also excellent .
Thanks for this! I think I’m going to give it a go! For July their outfits are beach party themed, which will be nice to see 😊. Have always fancied the Cape May one, but can’t justify getting over there first thing and can’t get my lot to stay anywhere other than POFQ. 😉
Old 25 Jan 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I haven’t been but interested in the responses you get. I do my research and whilst I do not have sky high expectations, I decided this was worth a try at least. I also chose it because I have already been to HBD and Mama Melrose, didn’t really like MM and HBD was ok but we don’t need to rush back.

We are doing Fantasmic package with a 6pm-ish dinner, I prefer the afternoon / evening characters to the morning ones as I don’t know who they are.
Mama Melrose has been hit and miss for us - had a couple of really good meals, but a couple of dire ones too. We tried HBD on our last trip and really liked it, so are going again this year, but I’ve not booked the fantasmic package as the timings don’t work. So, H&V it is. Unless you have really young kids, you probably wouldn’t know the breakfast characters. We’ll be doing dinner - quite looking forward to trying something new 😊
Old 25 Jan 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
Thanks for this! I think I’m going to give it a go! For July their outfits are beach party themed, which will be nice to see 😊. Have always fancied the Cape May one, but can’t justify getting over there first thing and can’t get my lot to stay anywhere other than POFQ. 😉
We did a 10.30 breakfast , we went to HS first as it had the 6am opening . It was lovely and well worth it .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
Mama Melrose has been hit and miss for us - had a couple of really good meals, but a couple of dire ones too. We tried HBD on our last trip and really liked it, so are going again this year, but I’ve not booked the fantasmic package as the timings don’t work. So, H&V it is. Unless you have really young kids, you probably wouldn’t know the breakfast characters. We’ll be doing dinner - quite looking forward to trying something new 😊
I think I made unfortunate menu choices at Mama Melrose, the service was pretty good and some aspects were nice. I will give it another go one day and hopefully pick better!

Don’t have any children, hence not knowing who the breakfast characters are.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
We did a 10.30 breakfast , we went to HS first as it had the 6am opening . It was lovely and well worth it .
That’s a great idea! Not sure how early DHS will open when we’re there, but will definitely keep this in mind 😊