Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Feb 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
I’ve always removed my glasses because of this advice on the gov.uk site

Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
My Mom has just had her passport photo done and in the booth it told you whether the photo was accepted or not before you selected it.
I originally had mine done in a booth, and was accepted before printing.

Unfortunately the online application still wouldn't accept it

Looked fine to me apart from my wrinkly face

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
I’ve always removed my glasses because of this advice on the gov.uk site

Be interesting to see what happens then! 🙂
Mrs Red C is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
larky
slightly serious Dibber

You can contact the company who own the photo booths and they will refund the money if photo’s are rejected. I got a refund for 2 sets of photos for my mum.
larky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

I did my own and it went through fine, I just used my phone
Old 17 Feb 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
WendyWilson
Imagineer

WendyWilson's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by AmyP1989 View Post
might try this for my sons did u use an app or just get positioning right
No app used, just made sure it was a bright room (haha my boss’ office) and the background was plain.
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
JoB
Serious Dibber

UPDATE: The photo that said 'good' that I took with my phone was rejected by the passport office. I called the passport office and they weren't much help. I used my digital camera and took lots of photos with natural light and a neutral background, measuring 1.5 metres away. I uploaded them and they were all classed as 'poor' by the system. We clicked to get more information and one photo was classed as poor because it said it was black and white - which it wasn't and that the background was the same colour as my son's face- which it wasn't. I submitted it anyway saying the above in the comments. I just received a text saying it has been accepted! I can not believe how difficult this turned out to be especially as I paid the additional cost to get the photo pre approved in the shop. The first one they took was rejected due to lighting and the second because they took the photo standing too close. I have asked them for a refund, so hoping that they will honour this. Next time I will be taking the photos myself from the start Hope this helps someone else with the process too.
My tips would be : natural lighting, neutral background, 1.5m distance and be prepared to send in a 'poor' photo if the issues bought up by the software do not apply.
Thank you for all your posts.
Joanne
JoB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Ive an update too!
My photo was deemed 'good' but rejected, reason given was the glasses. So now have a no glasses photo, look grim but hey ho. 😎
Interesting that my OH had his photo accepted with glasses on... ! My new passport is on it's way now, hooray. Just the dreaded ESTAs to do!

Edit just earned my 3rd silver ear😁😂

Edited at 08:32 PM.
Mrs Red C is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mine came today, exactly a week after I completed the application. No issues with the photo, after a second time getting it done at Tesco. The first was rejected online as I wasn’t looking directly at the camera (which actually was true). I was very impressed by the texts I got at each stage of the process. NB I got a burgundy passport with the reference to EU removed.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoB View Post
UPDATE: The photo that said 'good' that I took with my phone was rejected by the passport office. I called the passport office and they weren't much help. I used my digital camera and took lots of photos with natural light and a neutral background, measuring 1.5 metres away. I uploaded them and they were all classed as 'poor' by the system. We clicked to get more information and one photo was classed as poor because it said it was black and white - which it wasn't and that the background was the same colour as my son's face- which it wasn't. I submitted it anyway saying the above in the comments. I just received a text saying it has been accepted! I can not believe how difficult this turned out to be especially as I paid the additional cost to get the photo pre approved in the shop. The first one they took was rejected due to lighting and the second because they took the photo standing too close. I have asked them for a refund, so hoping that they will honour this. Next time I will be taking the photos myself from the start Hope this helps someone else with the process too.
My tips would be : natural lighting, neutral background, 1.5m distance and be prepared to send in a 'poor' photo if the issues bought up by the software do not apply.
Thank you for all your posts.
Joanne
Computers aren’t as good as the human eye so can’t sometimes see the edge of the person. The only other things to your hints is get the person to stand away from the wall as well to reduce shadow.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List