Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Feb 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
GRDisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Ohana or Garden Grill

Hi all,

We’re staying off site so just planning on doing a couple of dining reservations.

I’ve booked Be Our Guest breakfast so I’d like a character experience for our other booking.

What are people’s opinions on Garden Grill & Ohana? I’m thinking Ohana cos a couple of the kids are Stitch fans. 2 families, 4 kids, aged 14, 12, 11 & 9.
Also opinions on breakfast or lunch?

Many Thanks 😊

WDW Private Villa June 2008
DLP Cheyenne nov/Dec 2011 & Aug 2012
WDW Private Villa Aug 2013
GRDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MoorMickey
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

We didn’t book Ohara as I wasn’t keen on the menu for us.
We did garden grill as it’s highly regarded on here. It was good, but not my favourite character dining experience. Ours was a lunch ADR, DH enjoyed the steak and I enjoyed the turkey. They would have been happy to bring more of any of the plentiful good, but we were stuffed with what we had initially. We did see chip and dale in both animal kingdom and magic kingdom parks. Did not notice stitch anywhere though.
MoorMickey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
GRDisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by MoorMickey View Post
We didn’t book Ohara as I wasn’t keen on the menu for us.
We did garden grill as it’s highly regarded on here. It was good, but not my favourite character dining experience. Ours was a lunch ADR, DH enjoyed the steak and I enjoyed the turkey. They would have been happy to bring more of any of the plentiful good, but we were stuffed with what we had initially. We did see chip and dale in both animal kingdom and magic kingdom parks. Did not notice stitch anywhere though.
Thanks for this...and a good point about checking menus...my friend and her boys are quite fussy eaters so it may come down to that 😊 I take it neither are buffet style?

GRDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We prefer garden grill breakfast. Hot sticky cinnamon bum -yummy. I'm a HUGE chip and Dale fan so that is another reason for going. We like lunch but prefer breakfast and walking into an empty EPCOT is great.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MoorMickey
Trading Disney Pins

At Garden grill they bring skillets of food to you. It’s a set menu as it were that includes beef, turkey & stuffing, mash, green beans, corn, mac n cheese & fries.

Ohana menu seemed to have pineapple on everything.

The buffet character meets that we did were Crystal Palace breakfast and Tuskers dinner (with rivers of light pass). Both were good.

Edited at 11:47 PM.
MoorMickey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
GRDisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by MoorMickey View Post
At Garden grill they bring skillets of food to you. It’s a set menu as it were that includes beef, turkey & stuffing, mash, green beans, corn, mac n cheese & fries.

Ohana menu seemed to have pineapple on everything.

The buffet character meets that we did were Crystal Palace breakfast and Tuskers dinner (with rivers of light pass). Both were good.
That’s really helpful...thanks so much. Excuse me if this is a daft question but What is the river of light pass? And is this automatically included if you book a dinner reservation?

We did do Tuskers last time (just my 2 last time and they were 7 & 4) and i remember the character interaction being really good so definitely another contender 👍

Thanks 😊

Old 18 Feb 20, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
MoorMickey
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

You can get a tuskers reservation which includes a fastpass for the rivers of light evening show. It’s not automatically included, you have to call up to make this reservation. I believe it costs a little more if you’re paying out of pocket, but not if you are on the dining plan.
Old 18 Feb 20, 04:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by GRDisney View Post
That’s really helpful...thanks so much. Excuse me if this is a daft question but What is the river of light pass? And is this automatically included if you book a dinner reservation?

We did do Tuskers last time (just my 2 last time and they were 7 & 4) and i remember the character interaction being really good so definitely another contender 👍

Thanks 😊
Rivers of Light is the evening show in AK, if you book the dining package you get reserved seating to the show. No, the preferred seating passes do not come with a regular dinner booking, it needs to be a Rivers of Light dining package. The dinner packages are usually for early dinners, they try to fill the restaurant up at less popular times. It can definitely be booked online like any other ADR.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

We did O’hana breakfast this weekend and it was good. They start with a pineapple and coconut bread which is sweet and yummy. My kids don’t like coconut but happily ate this and my husband thought it was just a sweet brioche and didn’t realise it had pineapple so don’t let that put you off! They then brought juice, tea and coffee and a fruit platter. Then a skillet to your table with waffles (stitch ones) scrambled eggs, ham (which you can switch for bacon if you ask) sausages, breakfast potatoes and scones (which they call biscuits). They replace the skillet with another round of everything too (the second one had Mickey waffles). We had good character interaction with Mickey, Lilo and Stitch and could have met Pluto as a separate photo opp). I’d recommend O’hana if you have Stitch fans
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'd go for the Garden Grill if it's a choice between GG and Ohana. We really enjoy the lunch/dinner there which is basically a thanksgiving style meal. Our photos of that are the same as the previous poster so nothing new to share.

But if you're tempted by breakfast at GG then I can recommend that too did I mention that I love it there?

It's the same idea with a skillet of bacon, sausage, potatoes, egg and Mickey waffles. We got through 2 of these (there were 6 of us though).

Plus you get the fruit and the cinnamon bun skillet which was delicious.

So tasty

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List