Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Feb 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

is the sound on the samsung tv really that bad you need an external speaker for occasional use?

i'd probably go for the bose refurb soundbar for £150, but any of the links i posted should be ok. i dont think the anker bluetooth speakers would be that much better than the built-in tv speakers TBH.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by wanye View Post
is the sound on the samsung tv really that bad you need an external speaker for occasional use?

i'd probably go for the bose refurb soundbar for £150, but any of the links i posted should be ok. i dont think the anker bluetooth speakers would be that much better than the built-in tv speakers TBH.
It is pretty poor. Plus the room is big with a high ceiling (1940’s house)

My Wife says she likes the Harman one. I just pay!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
We have this one
bose/en_gb/product...color_ii_white
It has really good sound and it's portable too.

We have a Samsung QLED and often use this for an extra speaker when watching tv.
Old 18 Feb 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
We have this one
bose/en_gb/product...color_ii_white
It has really good sound and it's portable too.

We have a Samsung QLED and often use this for an extra speaker when watching tv.
Thanks Michelle. Sorry for the delay, dentist!

Looks good.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

the soundlink colour is a nice enough device, especially if youre using it out and about and by the pool (its waterproof), but the soundlink mini has *much* better sound for similar money (assuming you find one on offer)

i'm a big fan of bose kit, but the soundlink colour units were just disappointing when i heard them (a couple of years after owning the mini)

the battery life on the colour is much better than the mini, but if i was spending ~£130 on a portable bluetooth speaker now, i'd be buying another minirig. amazing bit of kit for the money, UK-built, and repairs/replacements/servicing is cheap enough to get it repaired rather than throw it away and buy something new if/when it dies.

minirigs/
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
No worries.. I must admit we didn't buy it for the TV specifically, we bought it for playing music in the garden etc... but it's great for just adding to the TV, the Samsung TV speakers are a load of rubbish! anything is better than those
Old 18 Feb 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
the Samsung TV speakers are a load of rubbish! anything is better than those
the thinner TVs get and the smaller the bezel, the worse the speaker quality. unfortunately it's a side effect you have to put up with nowadays, and its pretty much all manufacturers having these issues, which is why soundbars are pretty much a necessary choice these days (unless you want to go for the full surround sound option like i did)
Old 18 Feb 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Mobile

We have one of these. Great sound. Albeit ours isn’t linked to the tv as we have a sound bar and surround speakers for that.

But it’s a great little speaker for sound.

Comes in various colours too.

amazon/Sony-SRS-XB...c=1&th=1&psc=1
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by wanye View Post
the thinner TVs get and the smaller the bezel, the worse the speaker quality. unfortunately it's a side effect you have to put up with nowadays, and its pretty much all manufacturers having these issues, which is why soundbars are pretty much a necessary choice these days (unless you want to go for the full surround sound option like i did)
We do have a pretty old surround sound but it is wired and I can't stand all the wires all over.
When we bought the tv we actually bought an orbits soundbar, but it went back the sound didn't sync with the tv!
Old 19 Feb 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

We have a Bose soundlink as well. Its a great all round option and although a bit more expensive its worth the money for the flexibility it gives. Both DH and I have used with our Ipads when we have been away on training courses to watch netflix, we take it on holiday for the same reason or for some music. Its a decent piece of kit.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List