Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Oct 17, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jaspr
Trading Disney Pins

Character "free" Breakfast

Does the free breakfast option include ADR Character breakfasts ?

TIA

Jaspr
jaspr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 17, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

How do we book an ADR for a package, such as Mama Melrose Fantasmic package? Are these available to book at 180 days too? Or do we book a normal ADR and ring to change it later?
Is it possible to get priority for Fantastic PLUS the music of Pixar or do we have to choose one of the shows only?
Finally, do we get 3 courses on the packages on ddp or 2, and will an alcoholic drink be included in the package meal for 2018?
I thought I was actually understanding how the dining plan worked until I started looking into the packages 😀. Thanks in advance for your replies
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 17, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jaspr View Post
Does the free breakfast option include ADR Character breakfasts ?

TIA

Jaspr
No, the free breakfast is actually a free quick service meal which can be used at any qs meal not just breakfast. However, character breakfasts are a table service meal so can only be exchanged for a table service credit.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 17, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
jaspr
Trading Disney Pins

Thank you, Does that mean I can use the QS anywhere or it specific for brekkie ?

Jaspr
jaspr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 17, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jaspr View Post
Thank you, Does that mean I can use the QS anywhere or it specific for brekkie ?

Jaspr
Any time of day in any qs restaurant 😊. So you can have lunch in Magic Kingdom one day, breakfast in your resort another day and a qs meal in Epcot in the evening. Any qs meal is allowed so its very versatile.

Can anyone help with my question about ADRs for packages (above)? Thanks

Edited at 08:16 PM.
Old 12 Oct 17, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
How do we book an ADR for a package, such as Mama Melrose Fantasmic package? Are these available to book at 180 days too? Or do we book a normal ADR and ring to change it later?
Is it possible to get priority for Fantastic PLUS the music of Pixar or do we have to choose one of the shows only?
Finally, do we get 3 courses on the packages on ddp or 2, and will an alcoholic drink be included in the package meal for 2018?
I thought I was actually understanding how the dining plan worked until I started looking into the packages 😀. Thanks in advance for your replies
The Fantasmic packages are bookable at 180 days but you have to make sure you choose the Fantasmic package on the website. I believe you can book both Fantasmic and Pixar as I remember seeing it when i booked. For Mama Melrose and Brown Derby you get 3 courses.
I assume alcoholic drinks will be included given they are part of 2018 DDP.
Rivers of Lights packages didn't get released until later but that may have changed.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 17, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
The Fantasmic packages are bookable at 180 days but you have to make sure you choose the Fantasmic package on the website. I believe you can book both Fantasmic and Pixar as I remember seeing it when i booked. For Mama Melrose and Brown Derby you get 3 courses.
I assume alcoholic drinks will be included given they are part of 2018 DDP.
Rivers of Lights packages didn't get released until later but that may have changed.
Thank you, this thread has been really useful for our first free dining trip next year.
We love Fantasmic so will definitely be hoping to book the package for that next year. If the Pixar priority is included as well, we will be extremely happy 😀
Old 13 Oct 17, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thank you, this thread has been really useful for our first free dining trip next year.
We love Fantasmic so will definitely be hoping to book the package for that next year. If the Pixar priority is included as well, we will be extremely happy 😀
You’re welcome! I just knew what a minefield dining plans are but loads of us have experience we can share with others and it’s easier all in one place!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

I searched to try to find out more about what alcoholic drinks you can choose from. In the DDP.pdf from the link in the initial thread starter post it says that alcoholic drinks aren't included after saying in the link itself that they are, because the pdf covers only 2017. Here is what it says in the link:
"Rapid Fill refillable drink mug is valid for the length of your stay, eligible for refills at self-service beverage islands at Quick-Service locations at any Disney hotel. ‡For 2018 arrivals, where 'beverage' is included for table service meals and quick service meals, the guest may choose any non-alcoholic beverage, or from a selection of the beer, wine or mixed drinks available at the location (21 years of age or older with acceptable proof of age). Please note that the Disney Dining Plan entitlements may be subject to change; terms and conditions apply."
Does anyone know whether the 'selection of beer, wine or mixed drinks' is listed anywhere?
blainy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 17, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

One bit of info which we found was a bit of a negative. You have to go to the first performance of Fantasmic, and you have to eat first. For us, this meant we had a reservation for dinner at 4.45pm Mama Melrose. As late eaters, that's way too early for dinner!So on the plus side, the priority seating gave us by far the best view we've had in four Fantasmics, but the early dinner time would prevent us from doing it again.
blainy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List