Notices

Old 15 Feb 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
I have just realised we fly 6 months today! Strange thinking this time last year we were over in Orlando. ADR day is approaching next week, I still haven’t finalised what to book!
Scary where the time goes! Here's hoping we get our choices on ADR day! 😁🤞
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Scary where the time goes! Here's hoping we get our choices on ADR day! 😁🤞
I’m glad you got all yours sorted ok, I am hopeful that it won’t be too bad seeing recent reports (if I ever decide what to book!)
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

So, ADR day is Tuesday. My current plan for our onsite Disney days is:

Sunday - move to Disney from Universal. Chef Mickey brunch at 2pm, wander round Boardwalk, probably go into Epcot late afternoon/evening with Mexican QS if we are hungry
Monday - AK for EMH. Maybe share a couple of meals from Satuli Canteen as I really want to try it, then mid afternoon meal at Rainforest Cafe using 1 adult TS credit, $25 birthday Landry credit and paying the rest OOP
Tuesday - MK with Tony’s Parade Package lunch. Polite Pig at DS early evening
Wednesday - MK with 8am BOG breakfast. Storybook Dining early evening
Thursday - HS with quick service lunch somewhere - maybe Backlot Express? Sanaa dinner at around 5pm (pay OOP for child meal for Alex)
Friday - 8am Garden Grill breakfast and Epcot. Move to villa. Depending how many credits left, maybe QS meal at Wolfgang Puck Express

My reservations with this are that we might not get FoP FPs for our AK day as it is early on. I deliberately put HS later on for SDD. I’m also struggling with whether to do Crystal Palace, i’m not sure whether to dump Rainforest Cafe, pay OOP for Sana’a later in our trip and do that (or Tusker House) instead.

Any thoughts welcomed!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I’ve just done my ADRs. Feeling a little bit disappointed, everything I have read recently suggests no difficulties, but Storybook Dining was very hard to get, I checked every onsite day and it was either completely unavailable or only very late. I have an 8.45pm booking, but I can’t see us managing that with Barnaby. I’ve set up an alert on Touring Plans too.

Everything else I got more or less as I wanted, I had to go for 8.10am at Garden Grill and 8.20am for BOG, but I think that should be ok as from what i’ve read everyone with an early reservation can get in at the same time?

I also got 5.20 not 5pm for Sanaa, I was really hoping for a window seat as it’s on my birthday, but maybe we’ll just turn up early and i’ll cross my fingers.

I have backup options booked for Tusker House and Crystal Palace at the moment in case Storybook doesn’t work out
Old 7 Mar 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

So just as I think I have everything roughly planned out, Disney go and announce Galaxy’s Edge opening 3 days before we go home! I have mixed feelings, it is kind of exciting that it is happening when we will be there, but one reason for going this year rather than next was to avoid the crazy crowds when it first opened. The boys desperately want to do the ride, but David isn’t up for a long queue. Hopefully we can at least see the land
Old 8 Mar 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
So just as I think I have everything roughly planned out, Disney go and announce Galaxy’s Edge opening 3 days before we go home! I have mixed feelings, it is kind of exciting that it is happening when we will be there, but one reason for going this year rather than next was to avoid the crazy crowds when it first opened. The boys desperately want to do the ride, but David isn’t up for a long queue. Hopefully we can at least see the land
I must admit part of me is relieved we fly back 28th as hoping crowds will be smaller before 29th? Plus an excuse for another trip in a couple of years when crowds die down 😄 as you say you will at least see it - fingers crossed the boys get to ride 🤞
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
I must admit part of me is relieved we fly back 28th as hoping crowds will be smaller before 29th? Plus an excuse for another trip in a couple of years when crowds die down 😄 as you say you will at least see it - fingers crossed the boys get to ride 🤞
Yes, i am hoping that the earlier part of our trip will be quieter as people will hold off, fingers crossed for both of us! Seeing it may well just be a distant view behind a sea of people judging by how busy everyone thinks it will be
Old 1 Jun 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I haven’t updated for ages! Suddenly it seems to be coming up fast, and I am currently trying to work out a plan for FPs as it will be time to start booking in a couple of weeks.

By our measuring Barnaby is now 102cm so should make the 40 inch rides (or at least the ones I feel he would like, maybe not ToT!)

Still not decided whether to do MNSSHP, also debating the Marvel character dining at Universal

Despite having alerts set up, i still haven’t been able to move Storybook Dining earlier than 8.45. I don’t know whether to stick with it and hope Barnaby lasts out, or replace it with Crystal Palace or Tusker House. It was one we all really wanted to do though.

Thankfully when Sebastian’s school finally released their dates for next year a couple of weeks ago they do have teacher training on both the Monday and the Tuesday, so our gamble on flight dates did work out!
Old 1 Jun 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
That's really handy on the school dates.

I'd maybe be tempted to book an alternative meal at tusker or crystal palace, but as a back up option. If you keep the SBD adr and get lucky with a better time you can cancel the other one. I'm not an advocate of booking loads of adrs you have no intention of using, but that's not the case here you will use one or the other...

Good luck with the FP planning.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
That's really handy on the school dates.

I'd maybe be tempted to book an alternative meal at tusker or crystal palace, but as a back up option. If you keep the SBD adr and get lucky with a better time you can cancel the other one. I'm not an advocate of booking loads of adrs you have no intention of using, but that's not the case here you will use one or the other...

Good luck with the FP planning.
Yes it is a relief on the school dates, it was cheaper to fly home on the 1st, but I had to gamble that they would have at least one teacher training. I wish schools would confirm dates sooner, Alex’s did it at the start of the year but even that isn’t much in advance compared to holiday planning.

I will admit that I did book a back up meal originally when I couldn’t get a sensible SBD time. I’m so torn as I would be sad not to do SBD, but if i can’t get an earlier time it may just be very stressful with starving children and a grumpy 3 year old!