Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jan 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

Funtierland - Condos at Disneyland

Hi all

we are looking at condos for our 4 nights at Disneyland in November (31st oct- 4tn Nov) and this area keeps coming up.

As a family of 4 with older teenage girls (17/14) we cannot do hotels anymore as the double/double bed layout is not suitable at all any more for any of us!

We also prefer making our own dinners and packed lunches. While it does save money, it is also a preference.

So the apartment/condo is suitable in that it has separate bedrooms and it has a fully equipped kitchen. Its 20 mins walk to the entrance and has free parking.

Complex has 3 pools.

Reviews are good too.

Its £250 a night so bang on budget.

So it seems perfect. Ticks literally every box. So anyone have experience here?

so, to steal a phrase... if anyone on the Dibb can show just cause why this family cannot lawfully be joined together in Funteirland, let them speak now or forever hold their peace
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I haven’t heard of it and a quick Google suggests it’s a rental company renting homes in the Disneyland area rather than a specific resort (so I’m obviously not finding the place you mean). Do you have a link? While I won’t have stayed there I may know the area but I can’t figure out where it is.
Old 14 Jan 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

funtierlandvacationrenta...entals#q=*%3A*

That’s what I found. Some of the rentals are not walking distance (though Uber is cheap and easy).
Old 15 Jan 20, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

I have stayed in one of their rentals, the one called Suite Escapes 3 but it used to be owned by someone else so Funtierland must of taken it over since then

Edie ray is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I have checked the map and I know it is about a 15-20 minute walk to the gates. But interestingly, the multi storey car park for Disney is literally on the other side of the road.

Looked at various reviews and it all seems legit. Getting it through Expedia so have protection too.
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
funtierlandvacationrenta...entals#q=*%3A*

That’s what I found. Some of the rentals are not walking distance (though Uber is cheap and easy).
Yes, thats the one. But we are going through Expedia.

funtierlandvacationrenta...tals/under-sea
Old 15 Jan 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
prthomas
Trading Disney Pins

We are booked in a house with a different company but on Colonial Ave - just up from where you are.

It is worth double checking that their permit is valid here

You can walk over the road to the parking lot and from there to Downtown Disney.
prthomas is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
Yes, thats the one. But we are going through Expedia.

funtierlandvacationrenta...tals/under-sea
I know the location well - it’s really good. We've stayed almost opposite at the Holiday Inn. We cut down Magic Way through the Disneyland hotel because we like the walk that way (may not be quickest, not sure).
Old 16 Jan 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by prthomas View Post
We are booked in a house with a different company but on Colonial Ave - just up from where you are.

It is worth double checking that their permit is valid here

You can walk over the road to the parking lot and from there to Downtown Disney.
yeah - i had seen some slightly dodgy ones where they tell you to say that you are friends of the owner rather then renting! But this is OK. If you look at the area, there is a section that is clearly only for short term lets and this is inside it. The rest is just standard living accommodation and this is an actual named condo.

We have actually booked through Expedia so that gives us an additional level of comfort too.