Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 2 Feb 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
carli_h
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile Where to Add on...?

We bought RR back in May having done a lot or research and aware of the negatives.

We bought 200 point (over 2 contracts) and know that we will want more points (c100) as we want to stay in 1 beds every other year. We are looking to buy these points resale. We know that things may change so would like a resort that is easy to rent.

We have our first welcome home visit in May and are staying in studios at BC, VGF and AKL as well as a 1 bed at RR.

Does anyone have any advice on must do’s when we visit to help us decide where to add on?
carli_h is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

When do you want to go in the 1 beds? What’s your favourite resort?

With 1 beds they have good availability most times of year at 7 months, So you have lots of choice. I get 1 beds and usually pick where I want to stay at 7 months. At Xmas I was in BLT and BCV for example. Summer you can stay anywhere.

So if that is your intention you’d be better buying the best value points which is Saratoga and banking them to use them every other year in a 1 bed.

Of course, no resale points could be used at Riv.

Edited at 07:58 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 06:03 AM  
Link to this Post
carli_h
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Thanks for the reply.

We don’t have a particular time of year for travel.

We were initially thinking either a MK resort ruling out Poly or AKL.

I guess I haven’t asked my question particularly well as I was wondering if there’s a must do or things we should check out as last time we went we aimlessly wondered around resorts.

What are things that would help us get a real feel. For instance annoyances for some which you don’t mind. I know that I feel concerned about the rooms opening straight to the outside in SSR and size of the resort so may go to the rooms and take a walk to the pool area or the lobby.

We liked VGF, AKL and for cost considering SSR. BLT is a potential for the walk to MK (which we have done) but would like to have amenities a bit closer than Contemporary. My favourite is BWV from the lobby and location but we won’t consider a 2042 resort. Controversially not a fan of WL as I know lots love the resort.
carli_h is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

We have bought resale at SSR and we love it. Have also stayed at Beach club and loved that so experienced the door into a corridor and the door outside. Can't say as we thought twice about it. On reflection the door outside was nice as it felt like your own home and the car was closer to walk to but neither were a big issue and wouldn't infuence me on a resort either way. We would potentially look at Beach club as we loved the location and pool however again the 2042 is putting us off so would probably be looking to add on at SSR again. The distance to disney springs is always a bonus and it just feels like home there so always happy at Saratoga.
Old 6 Feb 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

The door outside business (albeit they are in corridors at Saratoga but stand alone semi open) has never much bothered me either.
Old 10 Feb 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
With 1 beds they have good availability most times of year at 7 months, So you have lots of choice. I get 1 beds and usually pick where I want to stay at 7 months. At Xmas I was in BLT and BCV for example. Summer you can stay anywhere.

So if that is your intention you’d be better buying the best value points which is Saratoga and banking them to use them every other year in a 1 bed.

Of course, no resale points could be used at Riv.
I agree that 1 bedroom villas have good availability under 7 months. If you will use the points under 7 months Saratoga Springs is the way to go. If you want the 7 to 11 month window then pick where you want to stay.

I wish I had a better answer for you on the feel of each resort.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker